We are as good as down!

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: We are as good as down!

by Stranded » 25 Feb 2019 09:35

Gunny Fishcake .

As previously mentioned , with our last three games being West Brom , Boro and Brum, we need to hope we're in a good position before then , I've a strong feeling it will go to the last game. That does not bode well.

Have you seen Rotherham's last 3? They may look strangely similar.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 25 Feb 2019 09:37

We aren't as good as down though are we? Logic and the amount of points left on offer dictate that. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 25 Feb 2019 09:50

If people think we are as good as down - lump on:

13/10 for relegation at the moment according to Oddschecker

Current bottom 3 are odds on:

Rotherham 4/6
Bolton 1/9
Ipswich 1/33

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 26 Feb 2019 22:42

Gap opening between the bottom clubs and those above now. Following tonights results. Massive 6 points coming up.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 26 Feb 2019 22:45

Lower West Gap opening between the bottom clubs and those above now. Following tonights results. Massive 6 points coming up.

Millwall lost, it`s only about the bottom 6 realistically. and has been for some time.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 27 Feb 2019 09:15

windermereROYAL
Lower West Gap opening between the bottom clubs and those above now. Following tonights results. Massive 6 points coming up.

Millwall lost, it`s only about the bottom 6 realistically. and has been for some time.

Yep - by the end of the Wigan game on the 9th the bottom 6 could be tightly bunched. Likely table, IMHO after 9th March games:

Wigan 36 (L to Boro & Reading, D at Derby)
Reading 34 (D at Ipswich, W v Wigan)
Millwall 34 (L to Norwich & Bolton)
=========
Rotherham 31 (D v Blackburn, L to Sheff Utd)
Bolton 29 ( L V Swansea, W V Millwall)
Ipswich 22 (D V Reading, L V West Brom)

Stoke in 18th (41) and above can rest pretty easily now.

Also just noticed - Wigan v Millwall on the last day.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 27 Feb 2019 21:35

windermereROYAL

Always the hope that another team would get dragged into the mire. Quality of bottom 6 teams is the worst in some years. All no better than top half league one teams.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Feb 2019 00:04

Lower West
windermereROYAL

Always the hope that another team would get dragged into the mire. Quality of bottom 6 teams is the worst in some years. All no better than top half league one teams.

Really? Compared to Sunderland Barnsley, Burton, Reading, Bolton and Birmingham?

Id say we're closer to the bottom this season because theres less shit to pad out below us.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 01 Mar 2019 09:39

Snowflake Royal
Lower West
windermereROYAL

Really? Compared to Sunderland Barnsley, Burton, Reading, Bolton and Birmingham?

Id say we're closer to the bottom this season because theres less shit to pad out below us.

Despite Ian being obnoxious, I have to say I agree with him.

The only reason we did not go down last season is because somehow there were 5 shitter teams.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 01 Mar 2019 13:19

The Enfield Royal71
Snowflake Royal
Lower West

The only reason we did not go down last season is because somehow there were 5 shitter teams.

Always find this a strange line as that is literally how league tables work. You never say, we only finished 1st because there were somehow 23 shitter teams than us. We didn't go down last season because we picked up more points than 4 other clubs. If may well do the same this season.

Dr_Hfuhruhurr
Hob Nob Addict

by Dr_Hfuhruhurr » 01 Mar 2019 13:23

Stranded
The Enfield Royal71
Snowflake Royal Really? Compared to Sunderland Barnsley, Burton, Reading, Bolton and Birmingham?

Always find this a strange line as that is literally how league tables work. You never say, we only finished 1st because there were somehow 23 shitter teams than us. We didn't go down last season because we picked up more points than 4 other clubs. If may well do the same this season.

We didnt go down last year because we got enough points in the first part of the season. Our second half of the season was atrocious. Remember, only Hudderfield were worse than us in 2018. This year we dont have any buffer of early points scored. ironically I think we're a bit better than last year, but more likely to go down.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 01 Mar 2019 13:30

Stranded
The Enfield Royal71
Snowflake Royal Really? Compared to Sunderland Barnsley, Burton, Reading, Bolton and Birmingham?

I suppose I meant that we were an utter bollocks shambles that should have gone down and I just cannot quite believe somehow there were worse team and we were very lucky.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 01 Mar 2019 13:41

Dr_Hfuhruhurr
Stranded
The Enfield Royal71

We didnt go down last year because we got enough points in the first part of the season. Our second half of the season was atrocious. Remember, only Hudderfield were worse than us in 2018. This year we dont have any buffer of early points scored. ironically I think we're a bit better than last year, but more likely to go down.

You're pretty much saying the same thing as me - whilst we were awful over 2018 luckily for us the season isn't based on calendar years.

Agreed we are more likely to go down this year simply because we are trying to improve from a low base rather than slipping from a relatively decent one.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Mar 2019 17:20

Stranded
The Enfield Royal71

I reckon youd find a significantly stronger correlation in teams who survive in 21st, 20th, 19th on 40 - 46 points struggling again the next season compared to teama who finish on 47 - 55 in the same positions.

Yes the end result in the one season is the same, but a longer view, I think, would show its staving off the inevitable through benefiting from others ineptitude temporarily.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 01 Mar 2019 18:11

The Enfield Royal71
Snowflake Royal
Lower West

This season is a lot weaker than last season, the benchmark for points needed will be less this season than last season. But the last two seasons collectively have been the weakest in a while, Blackburn were relegated with 51 points a couple of years ago

Dave_Kitson

by Dave_Kitson » 01 Mar 2019 23:09

URZZZZ
The Enfield Royal71

This season is a lot weaker than last season, the benchmark for points needed will be less this season than last season. But the last two seasons collectively have been the weakest in a while, Blackburn were relegated with 51 points a couple of years ago

And I am of the opinion that URRRZZZ will stay up with 42 points! :shock:

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 02 Mar 2019 09:00

Dave_Kitson
URZZZZ
The Enfield Royal71

And I am of the opinion that URRRZZZ will stay up with 42 points! :shock:

Hi Dave. Nice to see you on here.

How are you keeping after leaving us? Do you regret it?

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 02 Mar 2019 09:42

Gunny Fishcake The bottom four are all crap , none of this four are going to embark on a wonder winning streak . It will come down to who grinds out the odd dirty win and scrappy draws,maybe 0-0's

All four teams are shot of confidence and are scared of losing , hence we witnessed the type of game yesterday.

As previously mentioned , with our last three games being West Brom , Boro and Brum, we need to hope we're in a good position before then , I've a strong feeling it will go to the last game. That does not bode well.

Add to that we don't know how to win dirt or scrappy. Gomes insists on trying to play football along the ground and out from the back. This is the reason we will go down.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 02 Mar 2019 11:48

paddy20
Gunny Fishcake The bottom four are all crap , none of this four are going to embark on a wonder winning streak . It will come down to who grinds out the odd dirty win and scrappy draws,maybe 0-0's

All four teams are shot of confidence and are scared of losing , hence we witnessed the type of game yesterday.

Add to that we don't know how to win dirt or scrappy. Gomes insists on trying to play football along the ground and out from the back. This is the reason we will go down.

in that case then, why are the three most direct sides in the league (from stats available not my perception) Bolton, Millwall and Rotherham all in the bottom 5?

Duffy

by Duffy » 02 Mar 2019 12:00

Rotherham v Blackburn today.

Slightly swaying towards a win for Rotherham on recent form. Blackburn have been dismal, whilst Rotherham are proving hard to beat at present. Will be close game imo.