298 posts
leon
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Leeds United (h) sponsored by Brian McDermott

by leon » 12 Mar 2019 23:51

JR
Old Man Andrews
JR
This is the sort of comment that makes me really angry.

We are playing a team likely to get promoted who have shown very clinical finishing.

We are massively under strength and battling relegation.

The first 10-13 minutes we dominated and looked very promising.

We are not playing very well, but If you’re not going to be supportive to the team or realistic then find somewhere else to vent such claptrap.

That's right lads you can't say anything negative about the team because JR says so. Don't dare tell the truth about how utterly spineless we have been because it will hurt JR's feelings.

Well that’s a massively mature and constructive response.

If you want I’ll tell you how lightweight and useless Swift was tonight and how I’m disappointed we invited unnecessary pressure on in the first half through our distribution at the back.

But don’t slag me off for criticising a poster who claims that every player should have negative points.

I actually valued your opinion on this board previously.

Why on earth would you have done that?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 12 Mar 2019 23:55

leon
JR
Old Man Andrews That's right lads you can't say anything negative about the team because JR says so. Don't dare tell the truth about how utterly spineless we have been because it will hurt JR's feelings.

Well that’s a massively mature and constructive response.

If you want I’ll tell you how lightweight and useless Swift was tonight and how I’m disappointed we invited unnecessary pressure on in the first half through our distribution at the back.

But don’t slag me off for criticising a poster who claims that every player should have negative points.

I actually valued your opinion on this board previously.

Why on earth would you have done that?

Because I am always right, Leon.

mot

by mot » 13 Mar 2019 01:23

genome I will never get over how easy it is to wind up Leeds fans. Never.

The most insecure fanbase in the country.

0-3...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 13 Mar 2019 03:00

mot

Yeah good one. :|
Last edited by CountryRoyal on 13 Mar 2019 03:10, edited 1 time in total.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 13 Mar 2019 03:09

mot

Surprised you’re not out celebrating with your mates... oh wait nvm. I’ve honesty never understood bellends like you, like how dull is your life that you feel the need to go onto other team’s forums to be a mong? I’m not even triggered, I just find it baffling.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 13 Mar 2019 03:11

Plenty of Leeds so called fans in the East stand, some wearing shirts a couple got chucked out when the first goal went in. They must have RFC memberships do the stewards confescate there cards?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 13 Mar 2019 04:13

Another thing I don’t understand. We’ve all been (or at least a lot of us have) in a situation where we’re sitting with opposing fans, it can be hard to not celebrate and stuff but just why be a pcunt? It’s not even about being smacked or anything it’s just common footballing decency, like selling ticket for face value.

Why must they have cards though? I’m sure they could buy general sale? South stand different matter.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 13 Mar 2019 08:03

CountryRoyal
mot

Be fair. It takes a lot for a Leeds fan to be able to count as high as three.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 13 Mar 2019 08:17

Elm Park Kid Watching games like this and Sheffield just puts to bed any idea that we have a squad of players that are anything other than mid-table at best.

So please lets not have any more "If only the players cared more/the manager was better/the crowd backed the boys" posts and just accept that this is where we are.

I don't think anyone truly thinks that the squad we currently have and particularly the starting XI we had last night would be looking any higher than 12th if they could find some form of consistancy - anyone saying otherwise is deceiving themselves.

If we stay up, this team still needs a massive overhaul especially if we are to play the way Gomes wants us to. I think optimistically we should be looking at an improved season next year, say 12th-16th before pushing for the play-offs in the 2020/21 season. We need to get out of this cycle of struggling though as it is killing us.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 13 Mar 2019 08:17

Jackson Corner Plenty of Leeds so called fans in the East stand, some wearing shirts a couple got chucked out when the first goal went in. They must have RFC memberships do the stewards confescate there cards?

If they are wearing shirts and celebrating Leeds goals I don't think they are 'so called fans'. Probably Leeds supporters m8.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 13 Mar 2019 08:20

Like I have said over the past few days this was always an impossible task, we just have to lick our wounds and move on to Stoke. Can't see us getting anything up there either though but either way I won't be having a meltdown. We have to target our remaining home games to pick up the points we need to stay up plus I can't see Rotherham or Wigan getting more points than us between now and the end of the season.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 13 Mar 2019 08:25

sandman
CountryRoyal
mot

Be fair. It takes a lot for a Leeds fan to be able to count as high as three.

Nah it’s easy, just hold out their hand and it’s half of their fingers.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Mar 2019 09:07

Stranded
Elm Park Kid Watching games like this and Sheffield just puts to bed any idea that we have a squad of players that are anything other than mid-table at best.

So please lets not have any more "If only the players cared more/the manager was better/the crowd backed the boys" posts and just accept that this is where we are.

I don't think anyone truly thinks that the squad we currently have and particularly the starting XI we had last night would be looking any higher than 12th if they could find some form of consistancy - anyone saying otherwise is deceiving themselves.

If we stay up, this team still needs a massive overhaul especially if we are to play the way Gomes wants us to. I think optimistically we should be looking at an improved season next year, say 12th-16th before pushing for the play-offs in the 2020/21 season. We need to get out of this cycle of struggling though as it is killing us.

I think its the massive overhauls that keep killing us

The squad is decent enough for a solid mid depending on who we sign of the loanees. Add Rino, Baldock, Bod, Oliveira, Ezatolohi and maybe Obita and its a different prospect entire from last night

Obvs with the horrendous accounts from last year, even if we stay up, the focus will have to be on getting rid of the deadwood and maybe a few player sales as well.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 13 Mar 2019 09:35

Hound
Stranded

The squad is decent enough for a solid mid depending on who we sign of the loanees. Add Rino, Baldock, Bod, Oliveira, Ezatolohi and maybe Obita and its a different prospect entire from last night

Obvs with the horrendous accounts from last year, even if we stay up, the focus will have to be on getting rid of the deadwood and maybe a few player sales as well.

It's not the overhauls themselves that are killing us but the fact they haven't been done, or seemingly not, with a mid to long term plan. Gomes appears to have the support of board, players and fans to build something. Whilst I don't think we can afford to spend megabucks this summer (again assuming we stay up), I think we will see players leaving replaced with players better suited to what he wants us to do.

Some will be end of contracts, that have high wages whilst others, like Kelly will likely be sold to the first club willing to pay a decent fee. Focus of ins will likely be Oliveria and possibly Baker and anything else will be youth promotion or cheap/free/loan players that Gomes can trust to make his system work.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 13 Mar 2019 10:42

mot

Congratulations, you've proven my point :lol:

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 13 Mar 2019 10:56

Stranded
Hound
Stranded

It's not the overhauls themselves that are killing us but the fact they haven't been done, or seemingly not, with a mid to long term plan. Gomes appears to have the support of board, players and fans to build something. Whilst I don't think we can afford to spend megabucks this summer (again assuming we stay up), I think we will see players leaving replaced with players better suited to what he wants us to do.

Some will be end of contracts, that have high wages whilst others, like Kelly will likely be sold to the first club willing to pay a decent fee. Focus of ins will likely be Oliveria and possibly Baker and anything else will be youth promotion or cheap/free/loan players that Gomes can trust to make his system work.

I can be a bit harsh on our players - but this is my honest assessment of our current players:

Premiership Quality

Martinez

Promotion Chasing Quality
Oliveira
Moore

Championship Quality
Yiadom
Swift
Rinomhota
Baker
Kelly
Barrow
McCleary
Bod

Not Championship Quality
Blackett
Richards
Meite
Loader

Not Seen enough recently to have an opinion

Rest of squad

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 13 Mar 2019 11:37

Elm Park Kid
I can be a bit harsh on our players - but this is my honest assessment of our current players:

Premiership Quality

Martinez

Oliveira
Moore

Championship Quality
Yiadom
Swift
Rinomhota
Baker
Kelly
Barrow
McCleary
Bod

Not Championship Quality
Blackett
Richards
Meite
Loader

Rest of squad

I'd break that down a bit more.

Premiership Quality

Martinez

Oliveira
Moore

Championship First Team Quality
Yiadom
Swift
Rinomhota
Baker

Championship squad/bench
Kelly
Barrow
McCleary
Bod
Gunter
Blackett
Meite

Not Championship Quality

Richards
Loader

Rest of squad

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Mar 2019 11:45

Hound
Stranded

Yep yep yep.

Same manager across four or five windows bringing in two or three of the right players of quality each time and a couple of punts / stop gaps.

Sort out the fitness and medical issuse so we can maintain a smaller squad and use thr Academy for cover and just trim the fat right back...

And if anyone is interested in the likes of Moore, Barrow, Bod, Swift, Blackett, Baldock, etc cash in.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 13 Mar 2019 11:50

Snowflake Royal Yep yep yep.

Same manager across four or five windows bringing in two or three of the right players of quality each time and a couple of punts / stop gaps.

Sort out the fitness and medical issuse so we can maintain a smaller squad and use thr Academy for cover and just trim the fat right back...

And if anyone is interested in the likes of Moore, Barrow, Bod, Swift, Blackett, Baldock, etc cash in.

What you're describing here is more or less a complete squad overhaul.

Would you see relegation as a complete disaster or more of an opportunity for a fresh start?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Mar 2019 12:03

Premiership Quality[/b]
Martinez

Oliveira

Mid table Championship Quality
Yiadom
Swift
Rinomhota
Baker
Miazga
Ezatolohi (but always injured)
Barrow
McCleary
Bod (but always injured)
Baldock (but always injured)
Obita (?)
Moore
Meite
Ejaria

Not Championship Quality
Blackett
Richards (yet)
Loader (yet)
Kelly
Gunter
McShane
O Shea
Walker
McNulty
Meyler

Would try to keep all except the bottom section and add a couple. Sell anyone who a decent offer comes in for. Obvs we wouldn't be able to afford all the loanees of course

298 posts