BFTG Stoke

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

Re: BFTG Stoke

by Victor Meldrew » 17 Mar 2019 19:02

Cripple Creek Yes, thanks for all the BFG reports, which are by far the best way I get a handle on performances given that I can't make matches.

I agree with you but it does seem so far that only sandman actually went to the game.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 17 Mar 2019 19:22

Victor Meldrew
Cripple Creek Yes, thanks for all the BFG reports, which are by far the best way I get a handle on performances given that I can't make matches.

I agree with you but it does seem so far that only sandman actually went to the game.

Vic you must be pleased that Gunter came on and had a stormer. I think he may save us from relegation. 8)

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 17 Mar 2019 19:33

Zip
Victor Meldrew

Vic you must be pleased that Gunter came on and had a stormer. I think he may save us from relegation. 8)

About time he did something good (I gather he wasn't much good as usual) as he didn't do much to save us from relegation from the Premier League.
If we do get relegated he will be the only player in our history to contribute to relegation from the Premier League and the Championship and will join his hopeless team-mate O'Shea as a serial relegator (word?)

All those caps for his country and yet how will he be remembered by Reading fans once he has left for Newport or TNS?
BTW it does seem as though this manager is not influenced by all those caps.
Last edited by Victor Meldrew on 17 Mar 2019 19:35, edited 1 time in total.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 17 Mar 2019 19:34

Victor Meldrew
Zip
Victor Meldrew

About time he did something good (I gather he wasn't much good as usual) as he didn't do much to save us from relegation from the Premier League.
If we do get relegated he will be the only player in our history to contribute to relegation from the Premier League and the Championship and will join his hopeless team-mate O'Shea as a serial relegator (word?)

All those caps for his country and yet how will he be remembered by Reading fans once he has left for Newport or TNS?

As an all time great?

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 17 Mar 2019 19:49

Victor Meldrew
Zip
Victor Meldrew

Conveniently forgetting McCleary :wink:

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 18 Mar 2019 12:55

URZZZZ
Victor Meldrew
Zip

If we do get relegated he will be the only WELSH player in our history to contribute to relegation from the Premier League and the Championship and will join his hopeless team-mate O'Shea as a serial relegator (word?)

Conveniently forgetting McCleary :wink:

Fair point and edited.
Garath isn't lauded as the holder of all those International caps and didn't cost us anything. :wink:

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 19 Mar 2019 09:32

Watched the game on ifooty.

TBH I was very impressed. With everyone.

Tough conditions, tough game.

Our boys really know how to play the ball, pass, receive, turn, take on players. It's a team of footballers.

To come back with a point from an away game and be disappointed with how any of us played shows how far we have come.

Well done boys!!!

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 20 Mar 2019 21:52

Actually came away from this thinking it was a missed opportunity...let’s be honest here, the Stoke players are pretty much on the beach already & are a team full of individuals. In isolation it’s a decent point, but they were there for the taking.

Having said that, boy we are poor going forward.

Miazga & Moore didn’t put a foot wrong - great partnership there

Favourite chant...”where’s your famous atmosphere?”
Worst chant...”my garden shed...” when their stadium is bigger than ours

That is all - it was a rather dull affair

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 21 Mar 2019 09:34

Notts Royal Actually came away from this thinking it was a missed opportunity...let’s be honest here, the Stoke players are pretty much on the beach already & are a team full of individuals. In isolation it’s a decent point, but they were there for the taking.

Yes I completely agree. We needed to go there for the win. Let's hope we don't live to regret that.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 21 Mar 2019 20:14

Notts Royal Actually came away from this thinking it was a missed opportunity...let’s be honest here, the Stoke players are pretty much on the beach already & are a team full of individuals. In isolation it’s a decent point, but they were there for the taking.

Having said that, boy we are poor going forward.

Miazga & Moore didn’t put a foot wrong - great partnership there

Favourite chant...”where’s your famous atmosphere?”
Worst chant...”my garden shed...” when their stadium is bigger than ours

That is all - it was a rather dull affair

I hear it's Alanis Morissette's favourite chant.