PoTS

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

Re: PoTS

by URZZZZ » 21 Mar 2019 17:53

In Gomes’ system, I’m sorry but he’s been nothing short of abject. Don’t let his goal against Wigan mask just poor he was, plus as said previously it was clearly a foul anyway so shouldn’t have counted. In fairness, his assist against Ipswich was top play

There’s a player in there somewhere however. He played well at the end of Clements reign but that was only a few weeks. But as a player in a passing team, zilch chance of him behind good enough

Agree with a lot of what you say but disagree here. Saying that the majority have put meite in their top three so what do I know

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Mar 2019 18:00

Rinomhota
Yiadom
Miazga

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 21 Mar 2019 18:36

1. Yiadom
2. Martinez
3. Swift (just to bring a smile and groan from Snowflake...... Actually Rinomhota) :D

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Mar 2019 19:02

Ascotexgunner 1. Yiadom
2. Martinez
3. Swift (just to bring a smile and groan from Snowflake...... Actually Rinomhota) :D

I've changed my mind.

Clement
Clement
Clement

On a more seeious note for those dismissing Rino as not having played enough, there are only nine players to start more games than him, and two of them have been sold. Same by minutes played.

He's had no bad games, and only a handful of average ones, otherwise all good. In his debut season he's made himself the firstmidfielder on the team sheet. And we're really obviously missing him.

This has been a party political broadcast by the Rhino party.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 21 Mar 2019 19:09

URZZZZ In Gomes’ system, I’m sorry but he’s been nothing short of abject. Don’t let his goal against Wigan mask just poor he was, plus as said previously it was clearly a foul anyway so shouldn’t have counted. In fairness, his assist against Ipswich was top play

There’s a player in there somewhere however. He played well at the end of Clements reign but that was only a few weeks. But as a player in a passing team, zilch chance of him behind good enough

Agree with a lot of what you say but disagree here. Saying that the majority have put meite in their top three so what do I know

Don’t sit on the fence m8, let us know what you really think of him.

His hold up play is good, the winner against Ipswich and McCleary’s chance v Stoke shows that. The fact there was a foul in the build up to the Wigan winner is neither here nor there, he didn’t know that and had to be in the right place at the right time to stick in a winner, which he did.

Think you’re being a bit OTT with words like ‘abomination’ and ‘abject’.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 21 Mar 2019 19:10

1) Rinomhota
2) Martinez
3) Yiadom

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 21 Mar 2019 19:54

Zip
URZZZZ
Coppells Lost Coat
No I agree, he has played less than half a season. Yeah he has looked pretty decent and one of our better players out on the pitch. But people aren't suggesting Bod as POTS probably for the same exact reasons even though he has contributed just as much, but with fewer games.

People are voting for him because not many others deserve it. Christ, if Yakou Oxf*rd Meite gets in the top three, it's time to give up

Meite is our top scorer and also has a number of assists. Some of his goals have been belters. I don’t see why he shouldn’t be third in the running order.

I read the post before seeing who posted it and knew it would be URZZZZ. Seems to have a hard-on for having a go at Meite.
Last edited by sandman on 21 Mar 2019 20:16, edited 1 time in total.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 21 Mar 2019 19:58

Anyway.

1. Yiadom
2. Meite
3. Rinomhota

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 21 Mar 2019 20:09

Hendo
URZZZZ In Gomes’ system, I’m sorry but he’s been nothing short of abject. Don’t let his goal against Wigan mask just poor he was, plus as said previously it was clearly a foul anyway so shouldn’t have counted. In fairness, his assist against Ipswich was top play

Don’t sit on the fence m8, let us know what you really think of him.

His hold up play is good, the winner against Ipswich and McCleary’s chance v Stoke shows that. The fact there was a foul in the build up to the Wigan winner is neither here nor there, he didn’t know that and had to be in the right place at the right time to stick in a winner, which he did.

Think you’re being a bit OTT with words like ‘abomination’ and ‘abject’.

URZZZZ is usually someone I agree with on matters Reading FC but blimey he really is tough on Meite who has scored some very important goals this season. Without his goals we would be in a far bigger hole than we are already.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 21 Mar 2019 21:42

Right, Meite has scored some important goals this season, and not even his biggest critic can deny that

But the point I'm trying to make is he's scored 7 league goals this season, and 6 of them were in the space of three weeks. Is that really a contender for POTS, considering it was a purple patch. Yeah, some may believe he went on a run because Clement played to his strengths and gave him time, rather than dropping him after one poor game. But in reality, this is now unusual in such a competitive league

To me, he lacks the basic ability at this moment in time. He doesn't really seem to know what he's doing (that can be a positive at times). His first touch is non-existent, his brain seems to react slowly compared to others, he's slow for someone you think might be quick, he constantly makes the wrong choice etc

As a third choice striker/back up winger, I think he's excelled. But then considering Bod is permanently crocked, Baldock isn't fancied/injured and Oliveira is now injured for the rest of the season, he's by no means good enough to be 1st choice striker for a relegation battle. Watching Nelson in comparison to him is like chalk and cheese, and whilst it isn't Meite's fault that everyone else is getting injured, it's frustrating that we're left with him and Loader

Therefore, I'd say whilst he should be relatively happy with his contribution this season, he has been no where near consistent enough to be in the top three. From memory, Yiadom, Moore, Blackett, Rino, Bacuna (before he left) all deserve/d it over him but I'd like to say that is my opinion and I accept people will think completely differently

Ranty McRantface

by Ranty McRantface » 21 Mar 2019 22:25

URZZZZ Right, Meite has scored some important goals this season, and not even his biggest critic can deny that

But the point I'm trying to make is he's scored 7 league goals this season, and 6 of them were in the space of three weeks. Is that really a contender for POTS, considering it was a purple patch. Yeah, some may believe he went on a run because Clement played to his strengths and gave him time, rather than dropping him after one poor game. But in reality, this is now unusual in such a competitive league

To me, he lacks the basic ability at this moment in time. He doesn't really seem to know what he's doing (that can be a positive at times). His first touch is non-existent, his brain seems to react slowly compared to others, he's slow for someone you think might be quick, he constantly makes the wrong choice etc

As a third choice striker/back up winger, I think he's excelled. But then considering Bod is permanently crocked, Baldock isn't fancied/injured and Oliveira is now injured for the rest of the season, he's by no means good enough to be 1st choice striker for a relegation battle. Watching Nelson in comparison to him is like chalk and cheese, and whilst it isn't Meite's fault that everyone else is getting injured, it's frustrating that we're left with him and Loader

Therefore, I'd say whilst he should be relatively happy with his contribution this season, he has been no where near consistent enough to be in the top three. From memory, Yiadom, Moore, Blackett, Rino, Bacuna (before he left) all deserve/d it over him but I'd like to say that is my opinion and I accept people will think completely differently

Totally agree with all of this.

I think a lot of people are suggesting him as that purple patch was probably the only good thing of this season. Overall, he's average at most and hasn't done much else

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Mar 2019 07:20

It's hardly a surprise people nominate the team's topscorer as PotS, especially when almost everyone has been shit.

parky
Hob Nob Regular

by parky » 22 Mar 2019 10:25

Has to be Martinez for me, if we stay up he will have quite literally saved our season.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 22 Mar 2019 11:57

The player of the season is probably Rinomhota followed by Yiadom and Martinez 3rd. That will change though if Martinez plays really well in his last month with us. He could potentially be single handedly responsible for keeping us up which in that case he will be my POTS.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 22 Mar 2019 12:06

yeah, likewise Miazga and even Ejaria and Baker have done well recently, and could be instrumental in keeping us up

Don't Panic

by Don't Panic » 22 Mar 2019 12:34

Martinez gets my vote all day long, if it weren't for him we would be down already. Yiadom a close second with Rino 3rd.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 22 Mar 2019 14:03

Martinez for me, without him we would adrift by now.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 22 Mar 2019 14:41

Say something for the season if a player on loan from another club for half a season wins the award.

For the record does anyone know if a player on loan has won any club's PoTS award?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Mar 2019 14:59

Sutekh Say something for the season if a player on loan from another club for half a season wins the award.

For the record does anyone know if a player on loan has won any club's PoTS award?

Well Derby's fans have won in the past so I wouldn't be surprised.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 22 Mar 2019 15:07

This award has pretty much descended into: "Who has played a reasonable number of games and not been awful."

On that basis I guess Yiadom; hasn't done a lot wrong, hasn't added much to our attack though.

I can see why giving it to Rinomhota would be a bit more meaningful; recognise a young player who has done well given the circumstances.

Martinez has been our most important player of the season though . . .