BFTG - Kidderminster (A)

156 posts
billybraggsbeard

Re: BFTG - Kidderminster (A)

by billybraggsbeard » 10 Jan 2022 11:07

Jagermesiter1871
Hound
Jagermesiter1871 Imagine if we'd played say Swift and he'd have got injured. You'd have the same morons lynching pauno.

My bad, I meant to say mongs.

So saying mongs is ok is it? where have you been living for the last twenty years under a stone

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 10 Jan 2022 11:23

PieEater
South Coast Royal With the first-teamers lacking game time this was surely a good chance to get some (see Lukaku for Chelsea v lowly Chesterfield) .
On your false point about Championship and above sides not putting out their strong (ish ) teams, a cursory glance shows that Birmingham, Millwall, West Brom,Barnsley,Swansea, QPR,Burnley and Leicester all did yesterday so why shouldn't we?

I am not daft enough to expect a full team for an FA Cup game but with so many inexperienced players starting it was more like an U23 side-Joao supposedly is ready to roll so 45 minutes yesterday would surely have been useful minutes.

My main grouse is the con of having to pay full price to watch a token team and that we didn't actually try to win the game (e.g. no corners etc.)-IMHO that is unforgivable and is taking the piss.

We don't set the price - the home team does.

I'm not sure how many games you attend but with our injury crisis most of the players are close to first choice or returning from injury, with three exceptions. Camara, Holzman and Osaria, We were hardly playing the U23 side and that team should have been capable of beating a team 4 divisions below.

And I don't think playing £10 or £15 to watch that shitshow would have eased the anger at our shambolic performance.

Fair point but Bristowe, Tetek and Araruna are very inexperienced and probably only U/23 level any way so that makes 6 in all and much like a Carabo Cup team.

BTW to add to my earlier examples of teams putting out their best 11, Forest (a team now focusing on the top 6) put out their first team and got a great result.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 10 Jan 2022 11:27

Jagermesiter1871
Hound
Jagermesiter1871
Yeh tbf Pauno has spent millions, doesn't have any injuries and there are no off the field issues. :roll:

To your last point; what like Laurent, Clarke and Rino?

Or how about if the team that's selected aren't good enough to beat a non league side then forget about it. Concentrate on the league. Who gives a shit

I didn’t say he did spend millions. And calling anyone who has had enough of him ‘morons’ isn’t clever either

Could easily have put Dann, Swift, Carroll and Hoilett on the bench along with Laurent and co. And brought them on for the kids not instead of Holmes/Tetek and Drinkwater. Keep them on the bench if we’re coasting

Why though? Id rather we just sacked it off and saved those players for the league. rather that than risk one of them picking up an injury, which they're all more than capable of, to fight to stay in a fairly meaningless cup competition.

O and I didn't call anyone a moron.

Players are just as likely to get injured in training.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 Jan 2022 11:40

South Coast Royal
Jagermesiter1871
Hound
I didn’t say he did spend millions. And calling anyone who has had enough of him ‘morons’ isn’t clever either

Could easily have put Dann, Swift, Carroll and Hoilett on the bench along with Laurent and co. And brought them on for the kids not instead of Holmes/Tetek and Drinkwater. Keep them on the bench if we’re coasting

Why though? Id rather we just sacked it off and saved those players for the league. rather that than risk one of them picking up an injury, which they're all more than capable of, to fight to stay in a fairly meaningless cup competition.

well ours certainly are.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Jan 2022 11:53

South Coast Royal
Jagermesiter1871

Or sitting down.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 10 Jan 2022 12:45

Snowflake Royal
South Coast Royal
Jagermesiter1871

Or sitting down.

Or putting on their shoes in the morning, or so it seems.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 10 Jan 2022 15:07

billybraggsbeard
Jagermesiter1871
Hound

So saying mongs is ok is it? where have you been living for the last twenty years under a stone

Reading for most of it. Did have a couple years in Sussex. Had a nice terrace house down there. How about you?

billybraggsbeard

by billybraggsbeard » 10 Jan 2022 15:26

Jagermesiter1871
billybraggsbeard
Jagermesiter1871

Reading for most of it. Did have a couple years in Sussex. Had a nice terrace house down there. How about you?

You do understand where the derivative of mong comes from I assume and how deeply offensive that term is, and no I am not part of the PC brigade who are offended by everything, just that term.

The other thing that offends me is we paid £7m for a Romanian international who at best is non-league standard

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 10 Jan 2022 15:45

billybraggsbeard
Jagermesiter1871
billybraggsbeard

You do understand where the derivative of mong comes from I assume and how deeply offensive that term is, and no I am not part of the PC brigade who are offended by everything, just that term.

The other thing that offends me is we paid £7m for a Romanian international who at best is non-league standard

I thought we were talking about where I lived? You're all over the map.

Yes I know where it originates from. Isn't its main use nor how it was used in this context, but please feel free to be offended.

Agreed with your last statement, although tbf he did score.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 10 Jan 2022 19:14

Pepe the Horseman
St Pauli
St Pauli

It attracts the kind of fan that likes the cocaine and hooligan bit of the old fashioned football experience.

Exhibit A :arrow:
stealthpapes Well, Green and I had a great* day out.

Lol

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 10 Jan 2022 20:32

We do have to face up to the fact that we've turned Puscas into what he is.

When he joined, a confident Puscas breezed past 2 or three players and scored a peach of a goal.

He has the responsibility to play to his standard but we've let him down too.

The number of strikers who underperform at Reading in recent years is long.

The days of players over performing here and then being rubbish elsewhere are long gone.

Also to all those people on twitter bedwetting about how the players owe fans a public apology. If you need an apology from grown men on a micro blogging website to make you feel better about yourself, then perhaps its you who is living an apology for a real life.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 Jan 2022 20:41

Agreed on Puscas - last time I saw him play for Romania he caused the Germany back 4 issues

For whatever reason - poorly coached, wrong systems whatever - it hasn’t worked for him and best for everyone he moves on sooner rather than later

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Jan 2022 21:27

Hound Agreed on Puscas - last time I saw him play for Romania he caused the Germany back 4 issues

For whatever reason - poorly coached, wrong systems whatever - it hasn’t worked for him and best for everyone he moves on sooner rather than later

Vydra and Grabban again ain't it.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 10 Jan 2022 21:38

Hound Agreed on Puscas - last time I saw him play for Romania he caused the Germany back 4 issues

Found his level on Saturday though.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 10 Jan 2022 21:41

billybraggsbeard
Jagermesiter1871
billybraggsbeard

Why recruit players that don't fit the playing style?

Did Bowen sanction the signing of Ejaria? Is a question I've asked myself in the past. Another overpriced misfit. Who flatters to deceive.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 10 Jan 2022 21:42

Snowflake Royal

Vydra and Grabban again ain't it.

.....and Martin, Sharp, Afobe etc

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 10 Jan 2022 23:00

Have we ever had any success with players we’ve spent good money on?

Lita comes to mind, you’d have to argue Joao too. But few & far between.

Back to Puscas. Pauno could’ve played Clarke up top with him. I mean…playing a team 4 leagues below was a perfect opportunity to try 2 up front and actually try and go for the win. But no, he decided to stick Puscas up top by himself, which he already knows isn’t very effective.

Pauno has lost it. He’s far from the only responsible one here, but it’s becoming increasingly difficult to keep faith in his abilities

JedMaxwell

by JedMaxwell » 11 Jan 2022 07:41

I went, I did not enjoy it in the slightest.

For me Pauno has let down those youngsters, who he dropped into an unfamiliar XI with an incredibly negative game plan. They will have seen the reaction of the supporters at the end and it will not be good experience for them.

I feel desperately sorry for Rafael. I thought he had a decent game until the first mistake, then he just fell apart. It's a shame because he's been so solid for us in general, and just looks like he has the yips now. Looks like he could be out as Andresson has been called back. What I will say, is I hope some fans have longer memories and realise he wasn't terrible for us overall, just bad at the end. He's also a good person by all accounts, which means a lot for a club like us.

I thought Holzman looked very assured and Tetek was OK, but he really needs to get time in midfield as he will be getting called upon there much more often as time goes on.

I'm glad Puscas scored but he just looks totally deflated and lacking in confidence, even after the goal. There's real ability there but we've never found a way to harness it properly, and now sadly he needs a move. Wouldn't be surprised if his career got re-ignited elsewhere and we'd have to mark him down as another expensive mistake.

Good to see Rinomhota back from injury, hopefully he can stay fit.

Lastly on the playing side, Araruna's injury was just horrible to see. Having had such a long lay-off and having to do the terrible, boring repetitive rehab work involved for over a year, to last barely two minutes before getting another injury really is heart-breaking. I'm not sure we'll ever see him play for us again, but I do hope he gets fit again and can play in the future.

I think we missed a chance to get a win and some more match fitness for the first-teamers. Regardless of whether it was a cup game, we should be getting a win against the lowest-ranked team. We also had five subs so could have got quite a few players some minutes. Instead we play a weird thrown-together XI and sit back, letting a team with nothing to lose go for it and get a deserved win. I know we're never gonna win the cup but a decent result here would've helped us in the league, no doubt.

I'm not one who wants managers out and I think they should be given time to get their ideas across and get players in. Last year we had an identity but we couldn't last the distance, but this year we are just devoid of quality, ideas and even worse, fight. If we had a backbone, we'd have got through Saturday but I don't think the manager can motivate the team anymore. Once that happens, I think it's time to get rid sadly.

On Warnock, he loves being a pantomime villain and for a long time we enjoyed booing and hissing at him. But to be perfectly honest, back then we were well-run and successful and he managed teams we were in direct competition with. Now we're desperate for some stability because relegation to League One could ruin us. He's had a long and successful managerial career, and he's proud of his record, so if we did turn to him he'd do his absolute best to keep us up. It wouldn't be great to watch and we'd never be far from turning on him, but we're in no position to be picky about that if we do sack Pauno.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 11 Jan 2022 08:02

JedMaxwell I went, I did not enjoy it in the slightest.

For me Pauno has let down those youngsters, who he dropped into an unfamiliar XI with an incredibly negative game plan. They will have seen the reaction of the supporters at the end and it will not be good experience for them.

I feel desperately sorry for Rafael. I thought he had a decent game until the first mistake, then he just fell apart. It's a shame because he's been so solid for us in general, and just looks like he has the yips now. Looks like he could be out as Andresson has been called back. What I will say, is I hope some fans have longer memories and realise he wasn't terrible for us overall, just bad at the end. He's also a good person by all accounts, which means a lot for a club like us.

I thought Holzman looked very assured and Tetek was OK, but he really needs to get time in midfield as he will be getting called upon there much more often as time goes on.

I'm glad Puscas scored but he just looks totally deflated and lacking in confidence, even after the goal. There's real ability there but we've never found a way to harness it properly, and now sadly he needs a move. Wouldn't be surprised if his career got re-ignited elsewhere and we'd have to mark him down as another expensive mistake.

Good to see Rinomhota back from injury, hopefully he can stay fit.

Lastly on the playing side, Araruna's injury was just horrible to see. Having had such a long lay-off and having to do the terrible, boring repetitive rehab work involved for over a year, to last barely two minutes before getting another injury really is heart-breaking. I'm not sure we'll ever see him play for us again, but I do hope he gets fit again and can play in the future.

I think we missed a chance to get a win and some more match fitness for the first-teamers. Regardless of whether it was a cup game, we should be getting a win against the lowest-ranked team. We also had five subs so could have got quite a few players some minutes. Instead we play a weird thrown-together XI and sit back, letting a team with nothing to lose go for it and get a deserved win. I know we're never gonna win the cup but a decent result here would've helped us in the league, no doubt.

I'm not one who wants managers out and I think they should be given time to get their ideas across and get players in. Last year we had an identity but we couldn't last the distance, but this year we are just devoid of quality, ideas and even worse, fight. If we had a backbone, we'd have got through Saturday but I don't think the manager can motivate the team anymore. Once that happens, I think it's time to get rid sadly.

On Warnock, he loves being a pantomime villain and for a long time we enjoyed booing and hissing at him. But to be perfectly honest, back then we were well-run and successful and he managed teams we were in direct competition with. Now we're desperate for some stability because relegation to League One could ruin us. He's had a long and successful managerial career, and he's proud of his record, so if we did turn to him he'd do his absolute best to keep us up. It wouldn't be great to watch and we'd never be far from turning on him, but we're in no position to be picky about that if we do sack Pauno.

Whatever grudges anyone has against Warnock, the fact remains that he's a highly experienced manager at this level, won't take rubbish and knows how to get failing teams winning games again. Our fans need to drop sentiment and recognise that we need results. If we do go for a new manager then Warnock would increase our chances of temporarily getting the results needed to keep us up. He may not be popular but if him as our manager for even 4 months stops us spending 10 years in league one and two like Portsmouth and Bradford have then it's a no brainer.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 11 Jan 2022 08:11

South Coast Royal
PieEater
South Coast Royal With the first-teamers lacking game time this was surely a good chance to get some (see Lukaku for Chelsea v lowly Chesterfield) .
On your false point about Championship and above sides not putting out their strong (ish ) teams, a cursory glance shows that Birmingham, Millwall, West Brom,Barnsley,Swansea, QPR,Burnley and Leicester all did yesterday so why shouldn't we?

I am not daft enough to expect a full team for an FA Cup game but with so many inexperienced players starting it was more like an U23 side-Joao supposedly is ready to roll so 45 minutes yesterday would surely have been useful minutes.

My main grouse is the con of having to pay full price to watch a token team and that we didn't actually try to win the game (e.g. no corners etc.)-IMHO that is unforgivable and is taking the piss.

We don't set the price - the home team does.

I'm not sure how many games you attend but with our injury crisis most of the players are close to first choice or returning from injury, with three exceptions. Camara, Holzman and Osaria, We were hardly playing the U23 side and that team should have been capable of beating a team 4 divisions below.

And I don't think playing £10 or £15 to watch that shitshow would have eased the anger at our shambolic performance.

Fair point but Bristowe, Tetek and Araruna are very inexperienced and probably only U/23 level any way so that makes 6 in all and much like a Carabo Cup team.

BTW to add to my earlier examples of teams putting out their best 11, Forest (a team now focusing on the top 6) put out their first team and got a great result.

In my view, the team would have been a lot stronger had we not been playing tonight as well - none of us should be under any illusions that tonights game is the priority. If we'd had a clear week, then we would have seen a slightly stronger side, or at least a stronger bench. So I think tonight and the risk of having players have to go through ET as well played a part.

In comparison, Fulham made 10 changes from their last league game - so means their likely first team tonight will not have played since 20th December. However, unlike us Fulham haven't had COVID, so will have mostly been training normally throughout.

156 posts