paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: BFTG - Peterborough

by paultheroyal » 17 Feb 2022 11:48

Snowflake Royal
Coppells Lost Coat
paultheroyal
I am coming in here to say, utter bollocks.

When you have an angst against a player you just do t let up. Like that school bully. Southwood dropped and off you squeal. Hein was excellent last night, in goal to co tribute for our first clean sheet in yonks. He was strong and made a number of class saves and attempted to clear and command his box. Save in first half was outstanding. Just give it up, for gods sake. Pathetic.

I echo this.
I was not in favour of dropping Southwood, but i am not going to say Hein was shit because of it. Clean sheet. A few brave moments and claiming well - also flapped at some but that was all that he could have done. The elements were there for a clanger to happen.
However I will say as I have done a few times - Heins kicking is awful wind or no wind.

I didn’t actually say he was shit. I was surprised he was being praised.

Dropped 5 clangers, costly mistakes, got lucky = not very good (in your eyes)

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 17 Feb 2022 12:00

Anyone Who has ever played in goal will know last night‘s conditions were the most difficult for a goalkeeper. Considering the amount of pressure the young lad was put under I thought he did okay. Granted is kicking was poor but again that was mainly down to the strong wind. At 19 he deserves some credit the Peterborough keeper was a lot more experienced And would’ve been more accustomed to those conditions.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 17 Feb 2022 12:10

Jackson Corner Anyone Who has ever played in goal will know last night‘s conditions were the most difficult for a goalkeeper. Considering the amount of pressure the young lad was put under I thought he did okay. Granted is kicking was poor but again that was mainly down to the strong wind. At 19 he deserves some credit the Peterborough keeper was a lot more experienced And would’ve been more accustomed to those conditions.

Not sure about that. Estonia's climate is subject to frequent cyclones and winter temperatures down to minus 20 degrees.

Unless the Peterborough goalkeeper has played most of his football in the Arctic circle of course.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 17 Feb 2022 12:12

Norfolk Royal
Jackson Corner Anyone Who has ever played in goal will know last night‘s conditions were the most difficult for a goalkeeper. Considering the amount of pressure the young lad was put under I thought he did okay. Granted is kicking was poor but again that was mainly down to the strong wind. At 19 he deserves some credit the Peterborough keeper was a lot more experienced And would’ve been more accustomed to those conditions.

Not sure about that. Estonia's climate is subject to frequent cyclones and winter temperatures down to minus 20 degrees.

Unless the Peterborough goalkeeper has played most of his football in the Arctic circle of course.

Don't you mean ARTIC circle?

(for any watchers of The Apprentice)

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 17 Feb 2022 12:13

Millsy
Norfolk Royal

He is from Norfolk, cut him some slack please.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 17 Feb 2022 12:15

Millsy
Norfolk Royal

In the East End that would mean a circle of articulated lorries.

Sir Alan Lord Sugar would be able to get rid of Pauno by issuing the words:

It's with great regret , you're fired!

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 17 Feb 2022 12:18

NathStPaul What is a 3rd division game?

Prem=1st div
Champ=2nd div
League 1=3rd div
League 2=4th div

Nath=div.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 17 Feb 2022 12:19

South Coast Royal

Prem=1st div
Champ=2nd div
League 1=3rd div
League 2=4th div

Nath=div.

You apparently still live in the 1970's. Guess that explains your questionable views on all race related issues.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 17 Feb 2022 12:20

:?:
NathStPaul
South Coast Royal

Prem=1st div
Champ=2nd div
League 1=3rd div
League 2=4th div

Nath=div.

You apparently still live in the 1970's. Guess that explains your questionable views on all race related issues.

:?: :roll: :roll:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Feb 2022 12:21

South Coast Royal

Prem=1st div
Champ=2nd div
League 1=3rd div
League 2=4th div

Nath=div.

Lol

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 17 Feb 2022 12:22

Snowflake Royal
paultheroyal
Snowflake Royal Nice sig.

That clean sheet was mainly thanks to Morrison and Peterborough's finishing inadequacy. They could have comfortably had 4.

Flapped at a header across him, Morro saves his skin on the line.

Came miles out and passed straight to a Posh player in 10 yards of space leaving the goal gaping.

Did a superman impression on a cross he got nowhere near leaving the goal gaping.

I forget the other.

We could comfortably had 2 - whats your point?

Thats Morro's job to do that, and that he did. You are absolutely clutching at straws to assassinate someone as it does not fit your agenda. Its pathetic. Because of Hein we got a point. End of.

I can see why you were a ref. Visually impaired and stupid.

Just to clarify; after a 0:0 away draw its the keeper who you're highlighting as being poor?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Feb 2022 12:22

NathStPaul
South Coast Royal

Prem=1st div
Champ=2nd div
League 1=3rd div
League 2=4th div

Nath=div.

Changed in the 90s m8

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 17 Feb 2022 12:23

Snowflake Royal
NathStPaul
South Coast Royal
Prem=1st div
Champ=2nd div
League 1=3rd div
League 2=4th div

Nath=div.

Changed in the 90s m8

Tell Alf Garnett over there, he apparently isn't aware.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 17 Feb 2022 12:28

NathStPaul
Snowflake Royal
NathStPaul You apparently still live in the 1970's. Guess that explains your questionable views on all race related issues.

Changed in the 90s m8

Tell Alf Garnett over there, he apparently isn't aware.

For somebody who posts so much on here you don't seem to understand the structure of English football, i.e. it is divided (as in division) into 4 leagues ranging from 1-4.
The fact that they individually might have different names is hardly the point but if it makes you happy on such a trivial point I could amend my posting to say 3rd level as opposed to 3rd division.

Whatever, it was dire football, div newbie.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Feb 2022 12:39

Jagermesiter1871
Snowflake Royal
paultheroyal

We could comfortably had 2 - whats your point?

Thats Morro's job to do that, and that he did. You are absolutely clutching at straws to assassinate someone as it does not fit your agenda. Its pathetic. Because of Hein we got a point. End of.

I can see why you were a ref. Visually impaired and stupid.

Just to clarify; after a 0:0 away draw its the keeper who you're highlighting as being poor?

Hein 5 - lots of mistakes, lucky not to be punished, poor kicking but rather he kicked it out than tried to pass out with a high press. Some good saves.
Yiadom - 6 poor crossing, but put in a shift. Brownie points for speaking to fans
Rahman - 5 some nice some awful
Morrison - 6 some poor moments more than made up for by two goal line clearances
Holmes - 6 consistently ok ish
Rinomhota - 6 some hard work and good moments (burst through for the fk) but more mistakes than normal
Drinkwater - 5 best game in a while. Made some good tackles, chased hard sometimes. Still awol plenty and some really basic mistakes
Swift - 4 slow, didn't create, should have done much better with his chance
Ince - 5 didn’t really cope with the conditions, ok freekick... got it on target but not going to beat a keeper with it
Meite 5 this may seem harsh, because to start with he brings a complete different level of effort and positivity, but he quickly faded out of the game. Not even remotely ready to start IMO
Joao - 5 should have scored, although he made that on his own so ... like Swift, trying things you do on a run of wins at 2 up, not on a run of losses at 0-0. He's quality, but you can’t see him out there expecting to score and win, head drops quite quickly

Bashiru - 6 taken out when breaking through, otherwise not a lot

Happy?

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 17 Feb 2022 12:46

Snowflake Royal
Jagermesiter1871
Snowflake Royal I can see why you were a ref. Visually impaired and stupid.

Hein 5 - lots of mistakes, lucky not to be punished, poor kicking but rather he kicked it out than tried to pass out with a high press. Some good saves.
Yiadom - 6 poor crossing, but put in a shift. Brownie points for speaking to fans
Morrison - 6 some poor moments more than made up for by two goal line clearances
Rinomhota - 6 some hard work and good moments (burst through for the fk) but more mistakes than normal
Drinkwater - 5 best game in a while. Made some good tackles, chased hard sometimes. Still awol plenty and some really basic mistakes
Ince - 5 didn’t really cope with the conditions, ok freekick... got it on target but not going to beat a keeper with it
Meite 5 this may seem harsh, because to start with he brings a complete different level of effort and positivity, but he quickly faded out of the game. Not even remotely ready to start IMO
Joao - 5 should have scored, although he made that on his own so ... like Swift, trying things you do on a run of wins at 2 up, not on a run of losses at 0-0. He's quality, but you can’t see him out there expecting to score and win, head drops quite quickly

Happy?

Wouldn't argue too much with those Ian.
I am not normally a Drinkwater basher but I thought, for a player once good enough to play at the top level , his passing both in terms of weight and direction was generally that of a Div 4 :wink: player.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Feb 2022 12:48

South Coast Royal
Snowflake Royal
Jagermesiter1871

Happy?

Wouldn't argue too much with those Ian.
I am not normally a Drinkwater basher but I thought, for a player once good enough to play at the top level , his passing both in terms of weight and direction was generally that of a Div 4 :wink: player.

I'd normally be looking at a 3 or a 4 for DD.

What is it about those letters that make someone a useless oxygen thief?

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 17 Feb 2022 12:53

Snowflake Royal
Jagermesiter1871

Happy?

So to be clear - you are scoring a midfielder, who played 8 minutes, where in your words did "not a lot" score higher than a goalkeeper who because of his performance kept a clean sheet and made a couple of outstanding saves. Words fail me.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 17 Feb 2022 13:00

Snowflake Royal
Jagermesiter1871

Happy?

Agree with most of the above - would give Hein a little more credit due to conditions.
DD plays as if he is in a legends match or something, a weird swagger about him that is totally out of context with his performances - 70% dog dirt 30% acceptable.