MATCHWATCH : Sheffield United (a)

296 posts
scumbag

Re: MATCHWATCH : Sheffield United (a)

by scumbag » 29 Aug 2022 07:54

5/1

Lump on to fund that promotion party in May.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 29 Aug 2022 10:47

Can we confirm red button is active for this fixture please?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 29 Aug 2022 10:48

paultheroyal Can we confirm red button is active for this fixture please?

It is not.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 29 Aug 2022 13:31

I would definitely take a draw right now; we could be in for a bit of a torrid night............

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 29 Aug 2022 13:51

Mr Angry I would definitely take a draw right now; we could be in for a bit of a torrid night............

We said the same before the win there at Easter but yes, if someone said here's a 0-0, you can skip the game, I'd happily take it.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 29 Aug 2022 13:56

Stranded
Mr Angry I would definitely take a draw right now; we could be in for a bit of a torrid night............

We said the same before the win there at Easter but yes, if someone said here's a 0-0, you can skip the game, I'd happily take it.

The same could also have been said before we played Blackburn, Middlesborough & Millwall.

Yes 0-0 would be absolutely fine, but that fact we've picked up 9 points from the last 3 games, when I thought we might get between 0 and 4, relieves the pressure a bit from tonight.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 29 Aug 2022 14:28

I don’t think it will be a torrid night as such. We’ll give them a good game

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 29 Aug 2022 14:51

Hound I don’t think it will be a torrid night as such. We’ll give them a good game

I've no idea, but it'll certainly be a good yardstick for where we are.

They're a quality side, in good form, that you'd expect to be up there come the end of the season.

Blackpool, you'd expect to struggle, same with Rotherham, but they're in good form, Middlesbrough you'd expect to be top half at least but weren't in great form. Blackburn are regularly up and down in form like a yo-yo, Cardiff are middling and Millwall are a little limited but a very tough nut to crack.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 29 Aug 2022 14:58

I think we will get a draw tomorrow night. Sheff Utd are nothing special.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 29 Aug 2022 15:05

No one in this division are

Still expect to see the 3 promoted to be made up of 3 of Sheff U, Burnley, Watford, Norwich and at a push WBA but none are exactly a scary proposition

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 29 Aug 2022 15:18

Hound No one in this division are

Still expect to see the 3 promoted to be made up of 3 of Sheff U, Burnley, Watford, Norwich and at a push WBA but none are exactly a scary proposition

I think this is something you can expect after a few seasons trading mostly the same sides up and down.

They can't maintain the same level in their squads as their players age and there's turnover. The ones that can manage it end up staying up.

Everyone else gradually deteriorates and then you (hopefully) get a new cycle with different teams or at least a couple of years with some different ones making the jump.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 29 Aug 2022 15:27

Snowflake Royal
Hound No one in this division are

I think this is something you can expect after a few seasons trading mostly the same sides up and down.

They can't maintain the same level in their squads as their players age and there's turnover. The ones that can manage it end up staying up.

Everyone else gradually deteriorates and then you (hopefully) get a new cycle with different teams or at least a couple of years with some different ones making the jump.

I think the one element that makes it poor this year is that there isn't a Championship team that have been down for a lot of years (or just out of the PL for a lot of years/never been in it before) that seem to be building steadily or coming through the ranks, similar to that of Brentford.

I guess you could argue Middlesbrough who have been out of the PL for a few years now but they've made a pretty shoddy start as it is. There are some clubs like Blackburn that have improved but don't seem to be at the level where they are challenging for promotion yet, just fighting to get into the play offs like what many other sides before them have done unsuccessfully (Preston, Bristol City, Millwall etc).

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 29 Aug 2022 15:38

Ripe with opportunity isn't it.

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 29 Aug 2022 18:44

Zero expectations, would be very happy with a 0-0 , and if we lose , let's be kind for a change

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 29 Aug 2022 21:27

Gunny Fishcake Zero expectations, would be very happy with a 0-0 , and if we lose , let's be kind for a change

Think people will be if the level of effort is there. If we through in the kind of performance we saw ladtvtime we visited Yorkshire, then maybe less so.

Bristol Paul

by Bristol Paul » 30 Aug 2022 07:58

Hendo

It is not.

There are a few games on the red button tonight according to a schedule I found, but this doesn’t appear to be one of them. Clubs live stream seems to offer the game for £10, is that because it’s a midweek game as can’t usually live stream these at the weekend unless you’re out of the Uk I think?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 30 Aug 2022 08:21

Bristol Paul
Hendo

It is not.

There are a few games on the red button tonight according to a schedule I found, but this doesn’t appear to be one of them. Clubs live stream seems to offer the game for £10, is that because it’s a midweek game as can’t usually live stream these at the weekend unless you’re out of the Uk I think?

Only way to see the game tonight is to either be there, live out of the UK via Royals TV, or make it look like you are (Hi VPN) and purchase a video pass.

Bristol Paul

by Bristol Paul » 30 Aug 2022 10:17

Stranded
Bristol Paul
Hendo
It is not.

Only way to see the game tonight is to either be there, live out of the UK via Royals TV, or make it look like you are (Hi VPN) and purchase a video pass.

thanks

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 30 Aug 2022 10:19

Stranded
Bristol Paul
Hendo
It is not.

I believe the club have opted out of the red button service to try and boost attendances.

super darren caskey
Hob Nob Regular

by super darren caskey » 30 Aug 2022 10:31

Match pass is avaliable in the uk for £10 tonight. Could be a good match,i will be dropping a £10 on it

296 posts