“ Sell before we Dai “ supporters action group v2.0

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

Re: “ Sell before we Dai “ supporters action group

by 72 bus » 21 Jun 2023 14:35

WestYorksRoyal Will be interesting to see what they plan. If the home atmosphere becomes toxic it will impede the team, but I'm not sure how to tread that line.

What Team, we currently don't have one unless we promote half the U23's

On Strings

by On Strings » 21 Jun 2023 14:40

WestYorksRoyal Will be interesting to see what they plan. If the home atmosphere becomes toxic it will impede the team, but I'm not sure how to tread that line.

The fans know it's not the fault of the players. Any protests inside the stadium and outside will all be aimed at the dipstick owner and his muppet placement CEO.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 21 Jun 2023 14:44

elrey
Winston Biscuit
elrey
"Dai" in Chinese is said like "die" in English.

I am aware. But its his name so he will read it as Sell Before We Elrey

Well, if he does then it's because he's employing bad translators.

It's pretty obvious what it means, and in a saving face society like China, it's probably going to read more like "Sell Before We DAI IS A COMPLETE LOSER"

Fair enough. My concern was that with English as a 2nd language he might wake up, log on to HNA/twitter/OAE etc, see the slogan and think 'wow they are really backing me!'

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 21 Jun 2023 14:50

Mid Sussex Royal Out of interest what fan groups is this?

Assume TTE, STAR?? Who else is there aside from a few twitter idiots with half a dozen people following them

I suggest you read the last paragraph of the statement. Therein lies the answer to your question.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 21 Jun 2023 15:20

There's also a lengthy discussion on club policies where DD was nominated as spokesperson for HNA.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Jun 2023 18:11

72 bus

What Team, we currently don't have one unless we promote half the U23's

Bouzanis
Abrefa
NGW
Yiadom
Holmes
McIntyre
Hutchinson
Azeez
Ejaria
Ehibhatiomhan
Carroll

Andresson, Abbey, Senga, Jahmari Clarke, Camara, Dorsett, Craig

Don't think that includes any yet to make a debut. Most have been fairly regularly involved with the first team squad.
Last edited by Snowflake Royal on 21 Jun 2023 18:12, edited 1 time in total.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 21 Jun 2023 18:12

The Royal Forester

Assume TTE, STAR?? Who else is there aside from a few twitter idiots with half a dozen people following them

I suggest you read the last paragraph of the statement. Therein lies the answer to your question.

Sorry - I didn't read the article fully as got bored and thought the heading was bordering on being racist.

Who exactly is Nick Holton?

Two of the groups I've never heard of and I'm on twitter, and TTE is run now by kids who have only been fans since the good days.

Surprised STAR have backed this, they are the only link we have to the club.

I agree Dai has been a joke and should have little influence on day to day matters, but if his money is cut off then what happens?? Anyone know of anyone willing to bankroll the club like he does in L1 with our debt levels??

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Jun 2023 18:15

Mid Sussex Royal
The Royal Forester

Sorry - I didn't read the article fully as got bored and thought the heading was bordering on being racist.

Who exactly is Nick Holton?

Two of the groups I've never heard of and I'm on twitter, and TTE is run now by kids who have only been fans since the good days.

Surprised STAR have backed this, they are the only link we have to the club.

I agree Dai has been a joke and should have little influence on day to day matters, but if his money is cut off then what happens?? Anyone know of anyone willing to bankroll the club like he does in L1 with our debt levels??

Yeah, we've all got loads of local multi-millionaire football obssesed contacts in our phones. Just can't be arsed to involve them.

traff

by traff » 21 Jun 2023 18:37

Did the owner misread the thread and appoint Ruben?

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 21 Jun 2023 18:52

On Strings

The fans know it's not the fault of the players. Any protests inside the stadium and outside will all be aimed at the dipstick owner and his muppet placement CEO.

Will either be at the games?

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 21 Jun 2023 19:42

I would love to know what criteria Pang and Dai use to decide if a manager is fit to be first team manager. As this feels like another panic appointment.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 21 Jun 2023 21:13

What's the next step in the unlikely event this message fails to do the trick?

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 21 Jun 2023 21:26

Royal_jimmy I would love to know what criteria Pang and Dai use to decide if a manager is fit to be first team manager. As this feels like another panic appointment.

The reality is that if we will be facing another season with financial restrictions and maybe a points deduction, and have got a reputation as a basket case of a club, we aren't going to be getting many high-calibre applicants.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 21 Jun 2023 23:45

What shape do we think the "series of protests" will take?

Dai is in China so unless he comes to Reading it isn't going to be face to face.

Bombard him with emails? Post rude things on a specific Twitter hashtag? Go to the media (in the UK)? Speak to the local council and MP?

Why is Dai going to take any notice? He'll keep on doing what he's always done.

elrey

by elrey » 22 Jun 2023 00:59

Winston Biscuit
elrey
Winston Biscuit
I am aware. But its his name so he will read it as Sell Before We Elrey

Well, if he does then it's because he's employing bad translators.

It's pretty obvious what it means, and in a saving face society like China, it's probably going to read more like "Sell Before We DAI IS A COMPLETE LOSER"

Fair enough. My concern was that with English as a 2nd language he might wake up, log on to HNA/twitter/OAE etc, see the slogan and think 'wow they are really backing me!'

Chances are a boss wouldn't look at a slogan and think "that's not very good, is it?" They're look at the actual actions of the people instead. They'd see someone's out to get at them.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 22 Jun 2023 08:21

So burn the stadium down

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 22 Jun 2023 08:55

WestYorksRoyal
Wycombe Royal I'll be honest, I don't have much issue with Dai staying, but he has to relinquish control and just be the financier. Pang needs to go and be replaced with a CEO who knows what he is doing (it shows how good Nigel Howe was) and has the final say on all decisions within the budgets he has been set.

That was my view at the end of the season. Look how that's working out. He will never step back and leave it to footballing people

And that's the problem, if he can't relinquish control then he needs to sell.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 22 Jun 2023 09:26

On his pod today, Kieran Maguire described Dai as an 'absentee manager who doesn't communicate' and inferred that the only hope for fans is a quick sale.

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 22 Jun 2023 12:06

elrey
When a black theatre group said "only blacks should watch our play", nobody battered an eyelid. Apparently only white people can be racists.

Not quite what they said mate. They said they would prefer if on one particular night they had pre-arranged that it would be black audience members preferable.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 22 Jun 2023 12:26

Tilehurstsouthbank
elrey
When a black theatre group said "only blacks should watch our play", nobody battered an eyelid. Apparently only white people can be racists.

Not quite what they said mate. They said they would prefer if on one particular night they had pre-arranged that it would be black audience members preferable.

You can't expect bigots to read.