#SellBeforeWeDai (to someone fit and proper)“ supporters action group

2661 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: “ Sell before we Dai (to someone fit and proper)“ supporters action group v2.3b sponsored by Sports Direct Tennis Ba

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Jan 2024 13:11

It seems pretty obvious, to me, that you'd sell a player on:

Working on bringing Chris Wilder in as manager and things are progressing well
Restrictions and penalties are behind us and we're going to be doing a rebuild for the long term sustainability and success of the club
High end Championship facilities
Aim is to bounce straight back stronger than before
These are the other players we're talking to about joining
We see a big future for you as a core part of a successful Reading side moving up the leagues.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

Re: “ Sell before we Dai (to someone fit and proper)“ supporters action group v2.3b sponsored by Sports Direct Tennis Ba

by Mr Angry » 04 Jan 2024 13:46

Most of us (well, anyone over the age of 40 I suspect) will have joined a company having been told a lot of stuff during the interviewing process, only to discover that when you join, the job/role/company/prospects aren't what was sold to you.

Unlike footballers on 2 or 3 year contracts, employees in that situation at least have the option of walking away.

Smith et al know that if they perform well, they might catch the eye of a lower/mid table Championship side willing to splash out a relatively modest sum in January for someone with goals/assists in L1 which, in the perilous financial state the club is in, would almost certainly be accepted.

Therefore for the players they may as well give 100% to the cause; being succesful at Reading FC now either makes the club more attractive to a potential buyer or makes specific players more attractive to other clubs - win/win.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 04 Jan 2024 14:31

Snowflake Royal It seems pretty obvious, to me, that you'd sell a player on:

Restrictions and penalties are behind us and we're going to be doing a rebuild for the long term sustainability and success of the club
We see a big future for you as a core part of a successful Reading side moving up the leagues.

Oh and our playing budget (and therefore your wages) will be much higher than most of the other League 1 options you may have

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Jan 2024 14:51

3points
Snowflake Royal It seems pretty obvious, to me, that you'd sell a player on:

Oh and our playing budget (and therefore your wages) will be much higher than most of the other League 1 options you may have

Our attendances will be in the top 4 or 5 (you could easily add another 2-3k on the current ones if we were top 8 and going well)

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 05 Jan 2024 20:15

Surely more fan action is required in our next league game!

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 05 Jan 2024 20:39

Royal_jimmy Surely more fan action is required in our next league game!

I agree, it’s worked well so far

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 06 Jan 2024 10:17

Its all got depressing again after the football for once was the main focus over the festive period.

Following the kitchens at Bearwood closing, the travel on the day away days, etc, the players are starting to speak out with comments from Smith & McIntyre coming out in the last couple of days.

From Earnshaw we are back to square one so agree time to ramp up protests again soon.

Also, anyone know if any minutes have been produced following a meeting with the club, STAR & SBWD before Christmas?

Ten Bobsworth

by Ten Bobsworth » 06 Jan 2024 10:24

SouthDownsRoyal
Royal_jimmy Surely more fan action is required in our next league game!

I agree, it’s worked well so far

There's nothing that works as well as a futile gesture.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 06 Jan 2024 11:14

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 06 Jan 2024 11:46

I am actually starting to think kill or cure. Get every home game abandoned and force the EFL/Dai to take some action.

I believe whatever happens we’re going to be liquidated or kicked out by the EFL so rather than prolong the misery let’s bring it to a conclusion now rather than endure more months/years of this shit show. It might just force Dai to sell, but probably not.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 06 Jan 2024 19:09

blythspartan I am actually starting to think kill or cure. Get every home game abandoned and force the EFL/Dai to take some action.

I believe whatever happens we’re going to be liquidated or kicked out by the EFL so rather than prolong the misery let’s bring it to a conclusion now rather than endure more months/years of this shit show. It might just force Dai to sell, but probably not.

Yes. Go for it. If nothing else would at least wake the authorities up a bit more and hopefully help all the poor sods still to come to the same point.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 07 Jan 2024 01:46

Mid Sussex Royal Its all got depressing again after the football for once was the main focus over the festive period.

Following the kitchens at Bearwood closing, the travel on the day away days, etc, the players are starting to speak out with comments from Smith & McIntyre coming out in the last couple of days.

From Earnshaw we are back to square one so agree time to ramp up protests again soon.

Also, anyone know if any minutes have been produced following a meeting with the club, STAR & SBWD before Christmas?

McIntyre's comments were from 08 December.

I'm overseas right now but been trying to keep an eye on things. Alex is finishing up the minutes, out of courtesy they'll be shared with the club before release.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Jan 2024 13:23

Sutekh
blythspartan I am actually starting to think kill or cure. Get every home game abandoned and force the EFL/Dai to take some action.

Yes. Go for it. If nothing else would at least wake the authorities up a bit more and hopefully help all the poor sods still to come to the same point.

Let's not destroy any slim chance of salvation, before we have to fellas.

Even if you're suggestion convinces Dai to sell, who do you think would buy a club being hit with deductions every week.

You'd run off the few groups who are interested.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 07 Jan 2024 16:26

Snowflake Royal
Sutekh

Even if you're suggestion convinces Dai to sell, who do you think would buy a club being hit with deductions every week.

I don't think deductions for protesting against the owners (if that was to happen) would deter current/potential interested parties.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 07 Jan 2024 18:13

YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal
Sutekh

I don't think deductions for protesting against the owners (if that was to happen) would deter current/potential interested parties.

I would suspect they'd rather buy a club in League One rather than League Two.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Jan 2024 20:08

tmesis
YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal Let's not destroy any slim chance of salvation, before we have to fellas.

Is the bleeding obvious point.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 07 Jan 2024 21:59

My biscuit with the whole thing is that the protests feel more against the club than the owner. Best thing to come from the tennis balls was a bit of public attention, but I don’t think it helped the team and I don’t think it adds any pressure on Dai to sell.

Our best bet is the EFL fining him directly. Or our team storming up the league and attracting the sort of offers he is looking for. I’d say the best target for protest would be his other businesses but I don’t think he has any over here.

Short the stock of Renhe Commercial Holdings Company Limited? Has anybody seen Trading Places? A man got raped by a gorilla in that.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 08 Jan 2024 09:02

Snowflake Royal
tmesis
YorkshireRoyal99

Yes but you made it out as if nobody would be interested in buying the club if we were being hit with points deductions. Well no, the current interested parties may lose interest if we dropped to L2, but new parties might come to the fold.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Jan 2024 09:28

YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal
tmesis I would suspect they'd rather buy a club in League One rather than League Two.

Yes but you made it out as if nobody would be interested in buying the club if we were being hit with points deductions. Well no, the current interested parties may lose interest if we dropped to L2, but new parties might come to the fold.

Most people here are capable of working out that the consequences of abandoned games and subsequent points deductions for a team in the relegation zone is relegation.

We also become much less attractive to buy in L2 because our infrastructure is unsustainable at that level even relatively short term.

Why buy L2 Reading with its expensive stadium and training ground, which you won't start breaking even on without two promotions, when you can buy a different L2 club for a couple of million and grow it. Dai is resisting selling for a L1 price, he's not going to sell for a L2 one, he'll liquidate the club (like he has twice before) or be barred from ownership and have us kicked out the league before we'd get anywhere with unlikely L2 buyers.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 08 Jan 2024 09:29

YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal
tmesis I would suspect they'd rather buy a club in League One rather than League Two.

New parties may be interested, but only if the price changes. With how intransigent Dai seems to be, I wouldn't be surprised if he wouldn't reduce the price for the club following relegation.

2661 posts