Embargos, HMRC Payment defaults, non payment of wages, the usual under Dai Wrongge

2555 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: I've lost count - Embargos, HMRC Payent defaults, non payment of wages, the usual under Dai Wrongge

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Jan 2024 11:42

windermereROYAL So the question, if the EFL charge Dai again which seems inevitable now and he`s found guilty and banned from football ownership for 12 months, what happens?
As far as I can see he would be have to sell within 28 days, and if he refuses what is the outcome, punish the club and again with ejection from the league?

I don't see any other option for the FL, or the IC.

Dai is making a mockery of them and undermining them and the integrity of the competition.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Embargos, HMRC Payment defaults, non payment of wages, the usual under Dai Wrongge

by Orion1871 » 15 Jan 2024 11:50

He'll probably try to "sell" the club to his sister in the event of him being banned from football activity.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

Re: I've lost count - Embargos, HMRC Payent defaults, non payment of wages, the usual under Dai Wrongge

by blythspartan » 15 Jan 2024 11:51

WestYorksRoyal
blythspartan
windermereROYAL So the question, if the EFL charge Dai again which seems inevitable now and he`s found guilty and banned from football ownership for 12 months, what happens?
As far as I can see he would be have to sell within 28 days, and if he refuses what is the outcome, punish the club and again with ejection from the league?

Yes, if Dai is banned and he doesn’t agree a sell we’d be expelled from the football league.

The bottom line is we are oxf*rd unless he miraculously agrees to sell us.

Or the EFL obtain powers that don't currently exist to force him out.

Is anybody else at the point where expulsion may be preferable to this saga continuing? If Dai is still here in a couple of years, we'll probably be non League and have no real infrastructure to build upon. A clean kill by the EFL and we all know where we stand, and can focus our energy properly into building our own club.

I just want the club to survive and Dai to sell. Yes, in some ways knowing our fate sooner rather than later and starting with a clean slate would be better, but I hate the thought of all of our history disappearing because of one man.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Embargos, HMRC Payment defaults, non payment of wages, the usual under Dai Wrongge

by Brogue » 15 Jan 2024 11:52

oh another sticky. thanks forbs

Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Brum Royal » 15 Jan 2024 11:53

How does the EFL/FA actually force a sale though? If they ban him from ownership, how does that affect his position?

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 15 Jan 2024 11:57

Gus the teenage cow Imagine you are Dai, you have no emotional connection to club and you are just a hard-nosed businessman who doesn't want to see his investment go down the swanny. What is your next move?

His investment is already up the swanny and he knows this, based on the offers he has received.

He's sunk ~ £50 - £100m in. He owns things that people are willing to give him less than £5m for.

If true, big if, the Mike Ashley offer was no money for the club but annual £1m rent for stadium.

That would provide DY with a legitimate £1m a year british revenue stream to pay his bills as and when they fall due on his UK property interests.

Clearly he turned that down.

Suggests he's actually not bothered at all about what he gets. If you have $700mn or £1billion, £5m is neither here nor there.

The loss of face people talk about is loss of business face. This has proven to be his 3rd failed football venture. I suspect recouping a million here and a million there means nothing to him. But getting one over on a load of fans who are publicly trying to humiliate him may be an attractive proposition.

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 15 Jan 2024 11:58

Brum Royal How does the EFL/FA actually force a sale though? If they ban him from ownership, how does that affect his position?

It doesnt. Every option relies on ever increasing incentives to sell. But if someone isn't bothered about selling, ultimately nothing can be done.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 15 Jan 2024 12:12

Brum Royal How does the EFL/FA actually force a sale though? If they ban him from ownership, how does that affect his position?

Its probably similar to being banned from being a company director. He will still own the club but will not be allowed to have any say in the running of the club.

If the people who then take over the running make any decisions that are based on his influence or instructions can then face criminal prosecution. Would he be able to find someone willing to take that riak for him?

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 15 Jan 2024 12:20

Wycombe Royal

Its probably similar to being banned from being a company director. He will still own the club but will not be allowed to have any say in the running of the club.

If the people who then take over the running make any decisions that are based on his influence or instructions can then face criminal prosecution. Would he be able to find someone willing to take that riak for him?

Literally none of this could amount to criminal prosecution. This is a dispute among members of a sports league. This is all just contract law between participating members.

As long as he retains the beneficial interest of the club, the EFL could hardly be satisfied that he is no longer running the club.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Jan 2024 12:22

They give him a deadline or the club is expelled.

Can't own a Football League Club, if the club isn't in the Football League.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Jan 2024 12:24

Greatwesternline
Gus the teenage cow Imagine you are Dai, you have no emotional connection to club and you are just a hard-nosed businessman who doesn't want to see his investment go down the swanny. What is your next move?

His investment is already up the swanny and he knows this, based on the offers he has received.

He's sunk ~ £50 - £100m in. He owns things that people are willing to give him less than £5m for.

If true, big if, the Mike Ashley offer was no money for the club but annual £1m rent for stadium.

That would provide DY with a legitimate £1m a year british revenue stream to pay his bills as and when they fall due on his UK property interests.

Suggests he's actually not bothered at all about what he gets. If you have $700mn or £1billion, £5m is neither here nor there.

The loss of face people talk about is loss of business face. This has proven to be his 3rd failed football venture. I suspect recouping a million here and a million there means nothing to him. But getting one over on a load of fans who are publicly trying to humiliate him may be an attractive proposition.

Where do you get this from GWL, because you're the only one I've seen quote £5m, and all the rumours I saw was that Ashley wanted the stadium, bot the club.

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 15 Jan 2024 12:28

Snowflake Royal
Greatwesternline

Where do you get this from GWL, because you're the only one I've seen quote £5m, and all the rumours I saw was that Ashley wanted the stadium, bot the club.

I'll trawl through my internet history. Definitely twitter. Maybe the Athletic?

Searching through twitter is a fruitless exercise the search engine is so bad. So basically feel free to ignore the numbers. But the point remains. Would Dai yonge be more bothered with £10-£50m or would he be more happy with sticking two fingers up to a bunch of englishmen who are publicly antagonising him.
Last edited by Greatwesternline on 15 Jan 2024 12:33, edited 1 time in total.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 15 Jan 2024 12:30

Given that Dai is under investigation for shit loads of stuff in China and that they have the death penalty for embezzlement https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_o ... l_offenses

We are well down his list of priorities...

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 15 Jan 2024 12:34

Uke Given that Dai is under investigation for shit loads of stuff in China and that they have the death penalty for embezzlement https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_o ... l_offenses

We are well down his list of priorities...

You'd think at some point he will need a small nest egg and find a country that has no extradition with China but has a nice standard of living for someone with about £40m. Maybe just live on a superyacht and live out his days.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 15 Jan 2024 12:40

I was thinking a lot about the playoff final yesterday

Was that penalty shootout a huge sliding doors moment?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Jan 2024 12:46

Greatwesternline
Snowflake Royal
Greatwesternline

I'll trawl through my internet history. Definitely twitter. Maybe the Athletic?

Searching through twitter is a fruitless exercise the search engine is so bad. So basically feel free to ignore the numbers. But the point remains. Would Dai yonge be more bothered with £10-£50m or would he be more happy with sticking two fingers up to a bunch of englishmen who are publicly antagonising him.

Definitely more bothered by the money at the top end of your estimate. With a sliding scale towards the bottom.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Jan 2024 12:49

genome I was thinking a lot about the playoff final yesterday

No. We didn’t have a squad to compete, Dai woukd have spent big and bad. We'd have been relegated with more spending but parachute payments and still ended up roughly where we are now, give or take a couple of years.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 15 Jan 2024 12:55

Snowflake Royal
genome I was thinking a lot about the playoff final yesterday

No. We didn’t have a squad to compete, Dai woukd have spent big and bad. We'd have been relegated with more spending but parachute payments and still ended up roughly where we are now, give or take a couple of years.

This. It's not like Huddersfield used to win to kick on, and they have perfectly decent owners.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 15 Jan 2024 13:05

I am being ribbed by a Pompey supporting mate who thinks we should raise money like they did to save our club. The problem being even if we raised something like £10 to £20m I don’t believe Dai would enter negotiations with the fans or anyone else.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 15 Jan 2024 13:13

Orion1871 He'll probably try to "sell" the club to his sister in the event of him being banned from football activity.

She handed all her shares in the Chnese company back to him a while back. Suspect that as the market value was falling. Dai was having to provide more personal surety for money borrowed to fund the club. Not personally wealthy enough to finance the club for day to day operations.

2555 posts