8%
No
93%

Total votes: 40
Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: New investment confimred then…

by Brogue » 21 Sep 2023 08:10

Either way though the figures he’s talking about surely mean even if he’s only investing it will be for a larger stake than 25% which means the efl will now be involved

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Sep 2023 08:11

Brogue
Looking forward to what I can do as a club owner

Is this a full takeover :shock: the video in the link is confusing not sure what he’s saying 20 million investment but he’s offering 45 million. So is he looking to be an investor or buying the club?

https://x.com/richenergyceo/status/1704 ... zleRCWjxvA

He's the DD of millionaires. It's just attention seeking fantasy until we get some actual evidence.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 21 Sep 2023 08:34

Yeah I won't believe any of it until it's actually completed. To be honest, if he can provide some funds to help us keep running and just allows the football people to run the football side of the club, then it's surely got to be a marked improvement on what we have had throughout Dai's tenure. That's apparently asking a lot though granted.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 21 Sep 2023 08:49

This guy is a Walter Mitty character who reminds of a cross between Catweazle and Hagrid.

Unless he’s part of a consortium I can’t see how he’d be able to provide proof of funds. Also, if he was going to become a majority shareholder he shouldn’t be dropping hints on social media as that wouldn’t go down well with the EFL. If he wants to give us £5m for say a 10% stake of the club then it’s his oxf*rd loss.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 21 Sep 2023 08:56

Surely it's clear on that BBC report that he's talking about Sunderland. It even says so in the tweet and he mentions Sartori who is the co owner of Sunderland. It couldn't be any clearer.

Eaststandman

by Eaststandman » 21 Sep 2023 08:57

Forest Gump, is more appropriate given the club's recent conduct, surely!?

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 21 Sep 2023 11:12

Norfolk Royal Surely it's clear on that BBC report that he's talking about Sunderland. It even says so in the tweet and he mentions Sartori who is the co owner of Sunderland. It couldn't be any clearer.

Yes I almost pissed my pants laughing as this has nothing to do with Reading ...

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Sep 2023 12:28

Royalwaster
Norfolk Royal Surely it's clear on that BBC report that he's talking about Sunderland. It even says so in the tweet and he mentions Sartori who is the co owner of Sunderland. It couldn't be any clearer.

Yes I almost pissed my pants laughing as this has nothing to do with Reading ...

It couldn't be any clearer he's referencing his attempt to buy Sunderland failing and that he is implying he has now successfully bought a club. The tweet was yesterday, not at the time of the Sunderland deal.

Although it also couldn’t be clearer he's full of shit.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 21 Sep 2023 12:30

General impression I get from commetns here is that the guy is a bit of a tool.

I have googled but my PC keeps crashing when it tries to load up pic of his ridiculous beard.

Can someone fill me in on why this guy would be so awful? I mean, surely even my hairy arse would be better than Dai.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Sep 2023 12:32

Millsy General impression I get from commetns here is that the guy is a bit of a tool.

I have googled but my PC keeps crashing when it tries to load up pic of his ridiculous beard.

Can someone fill me in on why this guy would be so awful? I mean, surely even my hairy arse would be better than Dai.

He doesn’t have much money.
He is a fantasist who boasts and makes things up.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 21 Sep 2023 12:36

Snowflake Royal
Millsy General impression I get from commetns here is that the guy is a bit of a tool.

Ok mate that might be true but no need to get personal. I was asking about this William Storey character.

oh i see...

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 21 Sep 2023 12:44

Snowflake Royal
Royalwaster

It couldn't be any clearer he's referencing his attempt to buy Sunderland failing and that he is implying he has now successfully bought a club. The tweet was yesterday, not at the time of the Sunderland deal.

Yeah but he's talking about Santori and not Dai ... so that's clearly a reference to Sunderland.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Sep 2023 12:59

Royalwaster
Snowflake Royal
Royalwaster

Yeah but he's talking about Santori and not Dai ... so that's clearly a reference to Sunderland.

Jesus. It's not about the content of the BBC interview that happened two years ago. Read the tweet. Ignore the link.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 21 Sep 2023 13:30

He also tweeted this yesterday: 'There is nothing serious about my suggested interest in Reading FC.

Even so, I will shortly explain why Reading is such an important club to me, far more so than West Ham, Sunderland and Coventry

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 21 Sep 2023 13:41

Snowflake Royal Funny way of writing 'whoops, I got that wrong'

RFC own their training ground and also own a 95% LTV £39m loan against its £41m valuation.
The Bangkok Bank holds a charge on it.

Its a bit like having a 95% mortgage on your house. It might have your name on the deeds, but if you lose your job and can't find another one you'll find out soon enough that the Bank owns your house.

So for the purposes of this discussion, whether Reading FC is an attractive investment given it doesnt own its stadium and has a 95% loan against its training ground, I'm happy to say i was wrong.

Edit:
With my accounting hat on 8) 8) if Reading have done a sale and leaseback of the training ground, they would have sold it, but it would still look like this in the accounts because beneficial ownership wouldn't have changed. So to be honest, it's still possible they have sold it contractually.

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 21 Sep 2023 14:04

Snowflake Royal

So he is DD!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Sep 2023 15:04

Tilehurstsouthbank
Snowflake Royal

So he is DD!

But he'll officially call you out and show you his muscles if you say so.

Or cry.

One of the two.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 21 Sep 2023 23:45

Snowflake Royal
Royalwaster
Snowflake Royal It couldn't be any clearer he's referencing his attempt to buy Sunderland failing and that he is implying he has now successfully bought a club. The tweet was yesterday, not at the time of the Sunderland deal.

Jesus. It's not about the content of the BBC interview that happened two years ago. Read the tweet. Ignore the link.

Why are you arguing? You’re agreeing. There is no relevance to RFC.

Are you guys simple? Or just angry? Or both?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Sep 2023 07:39

leon
Snowflake Royal
Royalwaster

We're not. I'm not the simple one, but apparently you Norrers and waster are. The tweet is clearly about RFC. Read between the lines and stop being so literal people.

Rumoured to be discussing investing with Dai.

Seen in discussions with/at SCL.

Tweets after Exeter that we're reinvigorated by investment, without specifically naming us. But it's obvious he's talking about us.

Follows up with a tweet a day or so later that he's looking forward to showing what he can do as an owner. Linking an old BBC interview about his attempt to buy Sunderland where he was talking about his plans. Clearly implying he's done a deal to be our owner.

He is of course just making more bold claims that aren't actually true. But the tweet is still about RFC.

Jez.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 22 Sep 2023 08:04

Snowflake Royal
leon
Snowflake Royal Jesus. It's not about the content of the BBC interview that happened two years ago. Read the tweet. Ignore the link.

We're not. I'm not the simple one, but apparently you Norrers and waster are. The tweet is clearly about RFC. Read between the lines and stop being so literal people.

Rumoured to be discussing investing with Dai.

Seen in discussions with/at SCL.

Tweets after Exeter that we're reinvigorated by investment, without specifically naming us. But it's obvious he's talking about us.

Follows up with a tweet a day or so later that he's looking forward to showing what he can do as an owner. Linking an old BBC interview about his attempt to buy Sunderland where he was talking about his plans. Clearly implying he's done a deal to be our owner.

He is of course just making more bold claims that aren't actually true. But the tweet is still about RFC.

Jez.

YES I KNOW. ITS JUST A POINTLESS ARGUMENT.

And who’s Jez?