TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

3413 posts
Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

by Stranded » 02 Nov 2023 12:06

Funny* isn't it that in 18 months time, we'll all probably be quite happy with a relegation from L1 and a 14th place finish in L2 because it means we will still have a club.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 02 Nov 2023 12:08

Stranded Funny* isn't it that in 18 months time, we'll all probably be quite happy with a relegation from L1 and a 14th place finish in L2 because it means we will still have a club.

It will be relief at the spiral ending more than anything. But if we continue as a mid table L2 team for more than a couple of years, dissatisfaction will grow quickly.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 02 Nov 2023 13:30

It's death by a thousand cuts. If I'm honest, I just want it all to be over and done with regardless of the outcome.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 02 Nov 2023 13:51

From Despair To Where? It's death by a thousand cuts. If I'm honest, I just want it all to be over and done with regardless of the outcome.

Death by a thousand tennis balls.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 02 Nov 2023 14:15

WestYorksRoyal
Stranded Funny* isn't it that in 18 months time, we'll all probably be quite happy with a relegation from L1 and a 14th place finish in L2 because it means we will still have a club.

It will be relief at the spiral ending more than anything. But if we continue as a mid table L2 team for more than a couple of years, dissatisfaction will grow quickly.

Yeah I agree with that, I think fans will soon get fed up of being in L2.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 02 Nov 2023 14:41

Bigger clubs than us have been there.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Nov 2023 15:02

From Despair To Where? It's death by a thousand cuts. If I'm honest, I just want it all to be over and done with regardless of the outcome.

Same.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 02 Nov 2023 15:23

Snowflake Royal

Same.

Me too

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 02 Nov 2023 15:31

Actually just wish there was a way the fans or supporters club or some other organisation could force the club into administration to force Dai's hand. Radical but better than waiting while he turns down every offer he might get in the mean time and still have the FL making things a whole heap worse.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 02 Nov 2023 15:41

I'm struggling to understand the 4D chess Dai is playing. Because he really can't be such a fcuking moron to want to degrade his asset to the point where walking away from it makes sense.

It's like putting your car up for sale and then torching it.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 02 Nov 2023 15:45

Snowflake Royal

Same.

100%

Sick and bored of it. The longer it goes on the more damage it does

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 02 Nov 2023 15:45

bcubed
Snowflake Royal

Same.

Me too

100% This

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 02 Nov 2023 15:47

leon I'm struggling to understand the 4D chess Dai is playing. Because he really can't be such a fcuking moron to want to degrade his asset to the point where walking away from it makes sense.

That's what I think. Surely you can't be daft enough to unrealistically expect £70-80m for the club that is closer to being worth nothing, especially when there is a threat of administration/liquidation.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 02 Nov 2023 15:49

leon I'm struggling to understand the 4D chess Dai is playing. Because he really can't be such a fcuking moron to want to degrade his asset to the point where walking away from it makes sense.

I agree, but it almost feels like he wants to destroy us at any cost. Maybe he won’t be happy until we’re liquidated.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 02 Nov 2023 15:52

Hound
Snowflake Royal

Same.

100%

Sick and bored of it. The longer it goes on the more damage it does

Death by a thousand cnuts more like!!!

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 02 Nov 2023 16:09

Kieran Mcguire said that bad football owners are typically either idiots or scumbags and he thinks that Dai falls into the former camp.

Maybe he just got lucky with his fortune in China and is genuinely a moron.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Nov 2023 16:13

Elm Park Kid

Kieran Mcguire said that bad football owners are typically either idiots or scumbags and he thinks that Dai falls into the former camp.

There's no question he's both

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 02 Nov 2023 17:05

Elm Park Kid

Wasn't Dai's father a key figure at the Central Bank.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 02 Nov 2023 17:57

Elm Park Kid

I seem to remember that the BBC article on Dai by a Chinese journalist a month or so ago said that he built shopping malls underground as building in underground shelters was tax free. He obviously doesn't like paying the Chinese taxman either.
Last edited by Orion1871 on 02 Nov 2023 18:28, edited 1 time in total.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 02 Nov 2023 18:13

Sutekh Actually just wish there was a way the fans or supporters club or some other organisation could force the club into administration to force Dai's hand. Radical but better than waiting while he turns down every offer he might get in the mean time and still have the FL making things a whole heap worse.

No, only the Directors or charge holders can put a company into Administration.

3413 posts