TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

3415 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Dec 2023 11:44

Hound
Pepe the Horseman
Orion1871 Didn't Bowen say there is no Olise sell on clause at the Blue Collar thingy?

Yeh, but some twitter random has claimed we do, so I'd rather believe him as it gives us something to cling on to.

Tbf Bowen’s not been wholly reliable either. Even a couple of percent sell on would be an absolute windfall on Olise if he did get sold now.

It’s plausible that Dai is holding on for some sort of cut of sales. I’m still not convinced he’s actively wanting to sell, with Ejaria gone costs must be reducing rapidly. There’s a chance he’ll just hide away as much as he can and stumble on, hoping that we do somehow push for promotion again without splashing out

The things Bowen hasn't been reliable on are the more political aspects where a club representative is going to have to take the party line/say nothing of import, and future predictions about financing/sanctions.

He's not going to be incorrect about the details of a transfer. There's no reason to be economical with the truth there.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 Dec 2023 11:53

Snowflake Royal
Hound
Pepe the Horseman Yeh, but some twitter random has claimed we do, so I'd rather believe him as it gives us something to cling on to.

Tbf Bowen’s not been wholly reliable either. Even a couple of percent sell on would be an absolute windfall on Olise if he did get sold now.

It’s plausible that Dai is holding on for some sort of cut of sales. I’m still not convinced he’s actively wanting to sell, with Ejaria gone costs must be reducing rapidly. There’s a chance he’ll just hide away as much as he can and stumble on, hoping that we do somehow push for promotion again without splashing out

The things Bowen hasn't been reliable on are the more political aspects where a club representative is going to have to take the party line/say nothing of import, and future predictions about financing/sanctions.

He's not going to be incorrect about the details of a transfer. There's no reason to be economical with the truth there.

Dunno, if the club was in line for a fair chunk of money based on something out of their control it’s prob easier to just deny it

Id class it as unlikely but at the same time wouldn’t be suprised if we would be in line for something

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 31 Dec 2023 16:31

I don't think Bowen has ever knowingly misled anybody, but when he has tried to be positive he has been undermined by the hierarchy. He said our punishments were over but then we missed player and HMRC payments. Our punishments were over for the original 2017-19 spending.

Then there was the Blue Collar night with Carey and Dublin which was initially cause for optimism, but that was based on the assumption that Dai was committed and our issues were not with funding but FFP. This proved to be wrong.

Recently he said the sale process was nearing its end, then Dai moved the goalposts.

Every time he has tried to offer us positivity or reassurance, he's been made to look an idiot. So it's hardly surprising he keeps his silence quite a lot.

But despite all this, I don't question his sincerity. He simply comes across as genuine, and if he is a bullshit merchant then he's a bloody convincing one. And our transfer windows have been better since he returned. I'd like to see what he could do if the club sorted its ownership issues.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 31 Dec 2023 16:50

Bowen also refusing to talk to the local media at the moment which is a pretty bizarre approach to take.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 31 Dec 2023 16:53

RG30 Bowen also refusing to talk to the local media at the moment which is a pretty bizarre approach to take.

Other than Radio Berks, does the local media even exist any more?

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 31 Dec 2023 17:04

Reading Chronicle, Reading Today, Heart FM Berkshire?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 31 Dec 2023 18:04

RG30 Bowen also refusing to talk to the local media at the moment which is a pretty bizarre approach to take.

He's been refusing to speak to them for months. He hides behind the fact he has nothing to say or to add to what is already in the public domain, which you can sort of understand as I presume that the owner fails to tell anyone anything apart from the barest minimum. When news broke of the sale being close he did put a communication out into the public domain fairly sharpish so he does seem to say something when there is actually something he can say that isn't governed by NDAs etc.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Dec 2023 18:29

Sutekh

He's been refusing to speak to them for months. He hides behind the fact he has nothing to say or to add to what is already in the public domain, which you can sort of understand as I presume that the owner fails to tell anyone anything apart from the barest minimum. When news broke of the sale being close he did put a communication out into the public domain fairly sharpish so he does seem to say something when there is actually something he can say that isn't governed by NDAs etc.

There's nothing for him to say to the media other than exactly what he's already said to them.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 31 Dec 2023 19:25

I did hear from a good source that Bowen has been pretty petulant with the local press this season. Not quite the level-headed grown-up that we were hoping for.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 31 Dec 2023 19:55

I guess that depends on whether they keep badgering him for comment when he's already said he can't comment on certain issues.

I wouldn't expect him, or anyone at the club to comment on half the shit that originates on social media.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Dec 2023 20:30

From Despair To Where? I guess that depends on whether they keep badgering him for comment when he's already said he can't comment on certain issues.

I wouldn't expect him, or anyone at the club to comment on half the shit that originates on social media.

Same.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 31 Dec 2023 20:40

He seemed perfectly capable of saying what he wanted when probed by ITV at the Eastleigh game.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 31 Dec 2023 20:47

That was potentially a different audience with national coverage though and he didn't really say anything that wasn't already in the public domain locally.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 03 Jan 2024 15:58

Dai's school of sales negotiation:

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 05 Jan 2024 11:49

Earnshaw responding to questions on Twitter that there are still 3 or 4 parties interested, but no real progress and we're basically back to where we were in early November. So don't expect anything imminent, but don't give up hope that we're stuck with him.

Originally we wanted him gone by January to protect our squad, but it sounds like Bowen and Selles are resolved to do everything they can to keep the team together. So next checkpoint is the summer and being able to extend contracts of Azeez and Abbey in particular, but a few more too. Do that and be able to act quickly on free transfers and we can be a force next season. If Dai stays, survival is once again the extent of our ambition.

MartinRdg

by MartinRdg » 05 Jan 2024 16:11

WestYorksRoyal Earnshaw responding to questions on Twitter that there are still 3 or 4 parties interested, but no real progress and we're basically back to where we were in early November. So don't expect anything imminent, but don't give up hope that we're stuck with him.

Originally we wanted him gone by January to protect our squad, but it sounds like Bowen and Selles are resolved to do everything they can to keep the team together. So next checkpoint is the summer and being able to extend contracts of Azeez and Abbey in particular, but a few more too. Do that and be able to act quickly on free transfers and we can be a force next season. If Dai stays, survival is once again the extent of our ambition.

Although I suppose the issue is, for those players with contracts ending next Summer, they can now speak to interested clubs about a move.

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 05 Jan 2024 16:17

Eddie Niedzwiecki and Andrew Sparkes have been let go. :shock:

https://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/spor ... hallenges/

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 05 Jan 2024 17:08

Tilehurstsouthbank Eddie Niedzwiecki and Andrew Sparkes have been let go. :shock:

https://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/spor ... hallenges/

This follows news of redundancies before Christmas and news that players are no longer fed at Bearwood due to lack of funding.

Something for a SBWD banner?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kqN39QLP0E

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 05 Jan 2024 19:05

Tmac now speaking out re the current situation, particularly around staff not paid on time last month.

With players now speaking out if the current ownership regime stays until the end of the season and Selles keeps us up (if he stays) he's up there with our best managers

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 05 Jan 2024 20:41

Mid Sussex Royal Tmac now speaking out re the current situation, particularly around staff not paid on time last month.

With players now speaking out if the current ownership regime stays until the end of the season and Selles keeps us up (if he stays) he's up there with our best managers

It’s a tough gig for sure but not sure about that

3415 posts