BFTG - Barnsley (H)

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG - Barnsley (H)

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Dec 2023 15:59

Sutekh
WestYorksRoyal A lot of people criticise refs because they don't like the law. Complain at the lawmakers. Applying the laws as they are, it was a nailed on pen.

See also yellow/red cares for strong tackles which get the ball but the player too.

Agree. The law is (currently) an ass thanks to IFAB's relentless fiddling about trying to improve something that wasn't really broken in the first place. Ref's made mistakes with handballs before, now you get arses changing the law so it penalises every accidental touch of the ball by a hand thus making a farce of the game (and destroying the art of defending a bit more).

How on earth does it destroy the art of defending ffs?

What part of the art of defending involves waving your arm over your head whilst jumping to defend a corner?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 10 Dec 2023 16:03

Snowflake Royal
Sutekh
WestYorksRoyal A lot of people criticise refs because they don't like the law. Complain at the lawmakers. Applying the laws as they are, it was a nailed on pen.

See also yellow/red cares for strong tackles which get the ball but the player too.

Agree. The law is (currently) an ass thanks to IFAB's relentless fiddling about trying to improve something that wasn't really broken in the first place. Ref's made mistakes with handballs before, now you get arses changing the law so it penalises every accidental touch of the ball by a hand thus making a farce of the game (and destroying the art of defending a bit more).

How on earth does it destroy the art of defending ffs?

What part of the art of defending involves waving your arm over your head whilst jumping to defend a corner?

One of many things, not the only thing. A lot of defenders now "defend" by holding their hands behind their back, hardly helping their defensive cause.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 Dec 2023 16:30

Suppose the other side was that Havertz goal that got ruled out for Arsenal

Literally brushed is hand on the way down, didn’t change the course of the ball and the hand is in ‘normal’ position. Absolute joke - no doubts it hit the hand but to penalise a player for it is beyond ridiculous. But by the rules currently correct decision

Didn’t think the Binden one exactly warrants a pen but again guess it’s the rules

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 10 Dec 2023 17:34

I think it comes from tv pundits who often either don't seem to know the rules, ot believe what they think the rules ought to be is more important than what they are.

I'm sure I can recall Andy Townsend commenting on a (non) offside decision in a world cup game, saying "I don't care what they say the rule book says - that's offside!"

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 10 Dec 2023 23:02

I didn’t hear anything on BBCRB after the game on Saturday. However, my mate mentioned Dellor said based on Dai’s overall wealth the club was equivalent to about £10. Also, reckoned he was jumping on the bandwagon of blaming the EFL for our plight. If that was the case he has clearly demonstrated how little he knows about the club and FFP. I am surprised about his ignorance, but maybe I shouldn’t be.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Dec 2023 23:08

blythspartan I didn’t hear anything on BBCRB after the game on Saturday. However, my mate mentioned Dellor said based on Dai’s overall wealth the club was equivalent to about £10. Also, reckoned he was jumping on the bandwagon of blaming the EFL for our plight. If that was the case he has clearly demonstrated how little he knows about the club and FFP. I am surprised about his ignorance, but maybe I shouldn’t be.

Sounds the sort of braindead drivel Dellor might come up with.

Let's say the club is worth £15m and Dai is worth £950m. I think most people would believe our value is a bit higher and Dai is worth less (and worthless) after Covid and tossing money into ruining us.

Divide Dai's estimated worth by an estimated value for the club. Then multiple £10 by that number. That's the comparison worth Dellor's talking about if he's said that.

Now I make it way less than a grand being generous to Dai's wealth and stingy on what most people have talked about the club's worth.

I'm renting and as a comparative proportion of my worth it's a oxf*rd more than £10. It's money I can afford to lose, but it's certainly not money I'm throwing away. And that's just assuming the club is worth £15m and Dai £950m. I suspect Dai's worth a lot less and the club a bit more.