256 posts
Uke
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Port Vale (h)

by Uke » 13 Jan 2024 18:08

Winston Biscuit
USA_Loyal_Royal
Winston Biscuit
Hi USA_L_R!! Hope everything is going well for you!

Winston!! Everything has been incredible mate! Got sober 2 months ago and I can't begin to articulate how much better life is as a result! :D

Hope everything is fantasy for you mate!!!

Oh mate! I didn't know you had been through a hardship like that. Well done for getting on top of it though!!

You should pay the AE section a visit, you have been missed and would be warmly welcomed back!

That newbie can Fcuk Off :wink:

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 13 Jan 2024 18:09

Pepe the Horseman
USA_Loyal_Royal
Winston Biscuit

Winston!! Everything has been incredible mate! Got sober 2 months ago and I can't begin to articulate how much better life is as a result! :D

Hope everything is fantastic for you mate!!!

We should grab a coffee the next time you're in Northwest Arkansas.

What the hell are you doing in Arkansas pepe?? :lol:

For real though, my uncle has a place in Oklahoma amd we usually fly into Fayetteville, AR when we visit. Are you anywhere near there?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Jan 2024 18:09

Snowflake Royal
WestYorksRoyal I guess your view on where the club is will ultimately determine your view on today. If we're on a one way route to being asset stripped and then liquidated, then drastic action such as abandonment can't make anything worse. If you think there's still a chance of survival in L1 this season and today's actions harm that, then getting a winnable home game abandoned was idiotic when there's no guarantee it will have an impact.

I'm firmly in the first camp. We're in last chance saloon and should be trying everything. Will it work? Who knows but at least we're trying.

I still don't see anyone explain how it makes:

a) Dai more likely to sell
b) does anything but harm the chances of getting a successful buyer. Anything that harms the club's L1 status reduces our perceived value and the offers buyers will make. Dai is already holding out for mkre than we are worth.

No club = no protection to sporting assets like the stadium.

I’d be of similar mindset but the Abbey/Holmes sale points very much to Dai just funding is no further and stripping down and selling what is left

Therefore 1) no but it doesn’t make it any less likely
2) well at a push it’s a reminder there is a big fan base that cares. It may prick up one or two ears in business circles - yes that’s a push but who knows. It might convince Ashley we’re now rock bottom, it’s time to pounce and things are going to get a whole lot more unpleasant towards Yongge which he may just be able to leverage

It’s all a stretch granted but what else do we do? Just let us drift further and further towards the end without doing everything possible to stop it?

I don’t think twatface cares over the 5m or so that relegation might cost the clubs value. If he did he’d have invested a small amount in the summer, and tried to sell with us upper end of Div1. Or just taken the Geneva offer

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 13 Jan 2024 18:13

John Madejski's Wallet
USA_Loyal_Royal
Winston Biscuit

Duuuuuude! Long time no see

Feel free to pop into AE (nothing's changed)

Hey mate, hope all is well!!! I'll do my best to keep logging in! It's been harder to follow RFC since the relegation tbh

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 13 Jan 2024 18:13

USA_Loyal_Royal
Pepe the Horseman
USA_Loyal_Royal Winston!! Everything has been incredible mate! Got sober 2 months ago and I can't begin to articulate how much better life is as a result! :D

We should grab a coffee the next time you're in Northwest Arkansas.

For real though, my uncle has a place in Oklahoma amd we usually fly into Fayetteville, AR when we visit. Are you anywhere near there?

Walmart. Ha, yeh, I live 10 mins from the airport.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 13 Jan 2024 18:18

Anyway than the minor handbags by fans what was the match like? Ratings please?

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 13 Jan 2024 18:20

Pepe the Horseman
USA_Loyal_Royal
Pepe the Horseman We should grab a coffee the next time you're in Northwest Arkansas.

Walmart. Ha, yeh, I live 10 mins from the airport.

Dude that's awesome, ill remember that next time I'm visiting and well grab coffee!

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 13 Jan 2024 18:21

Uke
Winston Biscuit
USA_Loyal_Royal Winston!! Everything has been incredible mate! Got sober 2 months ago and I can't begin to articulate how much better life is as a result! :D

Oh mate! I didn't know you had been through a hardship like that. Well done for getting on top of it though!!

You should pay the AE section a visit, you have been missed and would be warmly welcomed back!

That newbie can Fcuk Off :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Oh man it's been way too long, I miss this

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 13 Jan 2024 19:48

Stayed in the ground with my usual group until the stewards asked us to leave (probably around fifteen minutes after the announcement). Had a bit of a suspicion the game would be finished behind closed doors - some of the floodlights were switched back on, the goals were left up, Nelson Abbey went to the dugout still wearing his full kit. Alas, they didn’t restart after we all left.

Went around to see if the Port Vale coach was still there (if it wasn’t it would definitely not be restarted), which it was, but our players were leaving the ground. I ended up guiding one Port Vale player to the hotel, who asked me if I went on the pitch! :lol: He seemed completely unfazed by it all; probably as it doesn’t really affect him and didn’t put anyone at risk of harm. He was meeting his wife(?) and kid there.

Wasn’t enough football played to say anything about it, although was good to see Yiadom back in the starting XI.

Will be interesting to see what the result of this will be and where we go from here. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s forfeited (3-0 Port Vale win) tbh. I was a bit surprised it happened. I think this week’s events have shifted opinion towards much more direct action though.

Fair play to the Port Vale fans for their support. Can’t imagine it’s great having to travel back home after not seeing much football (I’m sure any of our fans who travelled to Sunderland that time can attest). Seemed to be more chance of violence between Reading fans than between our fans and theirs.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Jan 2024 19:55

Winston Biscuit
USA_Loyal_Royal
Winston Biscuit

Don't drive him back to drink Winst.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 13 Jan 2024 19:56

Greatwesternline
Elm Park Kid
Sutekh
It's NOT suddenly going to persuade a man in China to accept offers that he may have had in front of him for months as he doesn't care enough any more. Equally it's not going to persuade prospective buyers to suddenly make worthwhile offers for the club either.

Some numpty rang into BBCFM to say they wanted the FL to change their rules so owners like this couldn't get control of clubs :roll:

Club can't even afford to put the the floodlights on :D

You don't think that if Dai/Pang face the threat of the club being expelled from the EFL that wouldn't make them more likely to accept offers?

If you are a billionaire £10m is a rounding error. He has already let two previous clubs go into liquidation. What makes us different to them in Dai's mind?

Is he still a billionaire?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Jan 2024 19:57

Hound
Snowflake Royal
WestYorksRoyal I guess your view on where the club is will ultimately determine your view on today. If we're on a one way route to being asset stripped and then liquidated, then drastic action such as abandonment can't make anything worse. If you think there's still a chance of survival in L1 this season and today's actions harm that, then getting a winnable home game abandoned was idiotic when there's no guarantee it will have an impact.

I'm firmly in the first camp. We're in last chance saloon and should be trying everything. Will it work? Who knows but at least we're trying.

I still don't see anyone explain how it makes:

a) Dai more likely to sell
b) does anything but harm the chances of getting a successful buyer. Anything that harms the club's L1 status reduces our perceived value and the offers buyers will make. Dai is already holding out for mkre than we are worth.

No club = no protection to sporting assets like the stadium.

I’d be of similar mindset but the Abbey/Holmes sale points very much to Dai just funding is no further and stripping down and selling what is left

Therefore 1) no but it doesn’t make it any less likely
2) well at a push it’s a reminder there is a big fan base that cares. It may prick up one or two ears in business circles - yes that’s a push but who knows. It might convince Ashley we’re now rock bottom, it’s time to pounce and things are going to get a whole lot more unpleasant towards Yongge which he may just be able to leverage

It’s all a stretch granted but what else do we do? Just let us drift further and further towards the end without doing everything possible to stop it?

I don’t think twatface cares over the 5m or so that relegation might cost the clubs value. If he did he’d have invested a small amount in the summer, and tried to sell with us upper end of Div1. Or just taken the Geneva offer

I'd have waited longer. There is absolutely no escalation point now.

But whats done is done.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 13 Jan 2024 20:00

Not taking the p1ss hereIan, but will the RoyalsTV subscribers get a rebate…do you really care given the circumstances?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Jan 2024 20:01

Lower West
Greatwesternline
Elm Park Kid
You don't think that if Dai/Pang face the threat of the club being expelled from the EFL that wouldn't make them more likely to accept offers?

If you are a billionaire £10m is a rounding error. He has already let two previous clubs go into liquidation. What makes us different to them in Dai's mind?

Is he still a billionaire?

Estimates put his wealth somewhere between about £650m and $750bn depending whether you believe BBC journalism or someone on here claiming to have read something on Twitter.

Most of that won't be cash. Lots will be shares in a company that are still suspended.

So, no £10m cash is not a rounding error for him. Its a substantial amount of money.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Jan 2024 20:02

AthleticoSpizz Not taking the p1ss hereIan, but will the RoyalsTV subscribers get a rebate…do you really care given the circumstances?

Could not give a oxf*rd Spizzy.

I get excellent value from it. Would pay twice as much happily.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 13 Jan 2024 20:33

Snowflake Royal
AthleticoSpizz Not taking the p1ss hereIan, but will the RoyalsTV subscribers get a rebate…do you really care given the circumstances?

good, but for the less tolerant, and the more pennywise, wasn’t coverage cut off shortly after the initial pitch invasion?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Jan 2024 21:53

AthleticoSpizz
Snowflake Royal

good, but for the less tolerant, and the more pennywise, wasn’t coverage cut off shortly after the initial pitch invasion?

Pictures were, audio from BBCRB stayed on for the duration.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 13 Jan 2024 21:54

Snowflake Royal
AthleticoSpizz
Snowflake Royal Could not give a oxf*rd Spizzy.

ta

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Jan 2024 21:59

AthleticoSpizz
Snowflake Royal
AthleticoSpizz good, but for the less tolerant, and the more pennywise, wasn’t coverage cut off shortly after the initial pitch invasion?

ta

Have to say, you know my feelings on Dellor normally, but him, Mick and Adi did an excellent job of covering it for over an hour with the squareroot of oxf*rd all happening.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 13 Jan 2024 22:01

….and credit to Tim (and Rueben) for the aftermath

256 posts