Do you agree with todays pitch invasion and match abandonment?

329 posts

Do you approve of the pitch invasion and causing the match abandonment?

Yes
73%
No
27%

Total votes: 135
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Do you agree with todays pitch invasion and match abandonment?

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Jan 2024 13:50

P!ssed Off
Orion1871 Would rather people boycotted games than got another one abandoned. The protest was losing support the longer it went on and doing it again and again would make the fanbase more and more fractious

Boycott is completely meaningless.
90+% of fans have already paid for their tickets.

Sadly it's all pretty meaningless.

jd82
Hob Nob Addict

by jd82 » 14 Jan 2024 13:53

If getting a game abandoned hardly gets mentioned on SSN, how is having a couple of thousand people fewer in the ground going to make an impact. Because that’s what any boycott would effectively be.

OLLIE KEARNS

by OLLIE KEARNS » 14 Jan 2024 14:08

P!ssed Off
Orion1871 Would rather people boycotted games than got another one abandoned. The protest was losing support the longer it went on and doing it again and again would make the fanbase more and more fractious

With regard to the impact of abandonment, It depends on what you think the Dai mindset is. Now his Prem dream has gone I don’t think he gives a monkeys about the football team. He just wants to asset strip which is why he is considering offers for assets individually i.e Mike Ashley wanting only the stadium.
Does no Reading f.c harm the value of the main assets ? Not to any great degree I suspect and the football side is losing money every day.
I personally think we have a greater chance of being purchased as a football club if we are in league 1. Going down may make extinction a certainty unless we can find a Coventry City type solution in the hope that we one day return to our stadium.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 14 Jan 2024 14:19

OLLIE KEARNS
P!ssed Off

With regard to the impact of abandonment, It depends on what you think the Dai mindset is. Now his Prem dream has gone I don’t think he gives a monkeys about the football team. He just wants to asset strip which is why he is considering offers for assets individually i.e Mike Ashley wanting only the stadium.
Does no Reading f.c harm the value of the main assets ? Not to any great degree I suspect and the football side is losing money every day.
I personally think we have a greater chance of being purchased as a football club if we are in league 1. Going down may make extinction a certainty unless we can find a Coventry City type solution in the hope that we one day return to our stadium.

I don't know what your point is? Do you think we are surviving relegation if Dai is allowed to sell the first team in January and finish the season with the reserves?
Attempting to force a sale now is the only viable action.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 14 Jan 2024 14:24

If there is genuine thought between the asset stripping plan, noting I don't think Dai ever has a plan, it would be to sell all players and academy prospects you can extract money from and sell Bearwood separately to the club. Then you try to get what you can for a shell of a L2 club plus the SCL, which is so heavily protected it's worth fcuk all by itself. Maybe some land surrounding the SCL could also be sold separately.

Pretty horrible, but equally just an acceleration of Dai's long term malaise so I have no regrets if fan action has pushed him into this. And at least any buyer would have to view us as a long term project, given we'd have no short term prospects.

OLLIE KEARNS

by OLLIE KEARNS » 14 Jan 2024 14:27

P!ssed Off
OLLIE KEARNS
P!ssed Off

I don't know what your point is? Do you think we are survivng relegation if Dai is allowed to sell the first team in January and finish the season with the reserves?
Attempting to force a sale now is the only viable solution.

How does abandonment force a sale ? It won’t change the asset value of the stadium or Bearwood. To your other point, you may be right but we don’t yet know how many players will be sold. According to Selles, Abbey has turned down a move and Tom Holmes is thinking it over so nobody has actually left as yet. In turn, I would think a player accepting a move away is far more likely if every match turns into a circus.
As previously stated, this is just my opinion and I have full respect for yours and any other views.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 14 Jan 2024 14:37

Streakers should form part of the next phase of Project Chaos

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 14 Jan 2024 14:38

Snowflake Royal
Reading4eva
Orion1871
No point giving out a fine. It won't get paid.

It's peanuts for him. We need bans and disqualifications now. Not financial penalties and definitely no points deductions as truthfully he doesn't give two tosses about the club.

Best scenario is a seizure of assets.

On what legal basis, genius?

As I say, clutching at straws

OLLIE KEARNS

by OLLIE KEARNS » 14 Jan 2024 14:48

WestYorksRoyal If there is genuine thought between the asset stripping plan, noting I don't think Dai ever has a plan, it would be to sell all players and academy prospects you can extract money from and sell Bearwood separately to the club. Then you try to get what you can for a shell of a L2 club plus the SCL, which is so heavily protected it's worth fcuk all by itself. Maybe some land surrounding the SCL could also be sold separately.

Pretty horrible, but equally just an acceleration of Dai's long term malaise so I have no regrets if fan action has pushed him into this. And at least any buyer would have to view us as a long term project, given we'd have no short term prospects.

I don’t disagree WYR but he can’t just sell the players, they have to accept the move. Take Abbey, he may have the chance to go to club X now or wait until the summer when he is out of contract and pick the move that best suits him. I would wait if I were him.
A player on a longer contract would have a slightly different set of choices but not getting paid at some point equals breach of contract which in turn means they are in control of their next move.
The power is with the players nowadays and there is only 3 1/2 months of the season left. My guess is that some may go but many will wait until the summer.
Lastly, what value would Bearwood have to the club without an academy ? They would need to move to a much smaller / lower cost facility.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 14 Jan 2024 14:56

OLLIE KEARNS
P!ssed Off
I don't know what your point is? Do you think we are survivng relegation if Dai is allowed to sell the first team in January and finish the season with the reserves?
Attempting to force a sale now is the only viable solution.

How does abandonment force a sale ? It won’t change the asset value of the stadium or Bearwood. To your other point, you may be right but we don’t yet know how many players will be sold. According to Selles, Abbey has turned down a move and Tom Holmes is thinking it over so nobody has actually left as yet. In turn, I would think a player accepting a move away is far more likely if every match turns into a circus.
As previously stated, this is just my opinion and I have full respect for yours and any other views.

Well the EFL already attempted in November to have Dai Yongge disqualified from football activity/ownership. Since then he has rejected multiple serious offers to buy the club, failed to pay staff wages on time, failed again to deposit 125% of player wages into an account.

And now forced match abandonments are threatening the integrity of the league.

I don't think allowing Dai Yongge's continued ownership is a viable option for the EFL.
Last edited by P!ssed Off on 14 Jan 2024 15:06, edited 3 times in total.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 14 Jan 2024 14:59

OLLIE KEARNS
WestYorksRoyal If there is genuine thought between the asset stripping plan, noting I don't think Dai ever has a plan, it would be to sell all players and academy prospects you can extract money from and sell Bearwood separately to the club. Then you try to get what you can for a shell of a L2 club plus the SCL, which is so heavily protected it's worth fcuk all by itself. Maybe some land surrounding the SCL could also be sold separately.

I don’t disagree WYR but he can’t just sell the players, they have to accept the move. Take Abbey, he may have the chance to go to club X now or wait until the summer when he is out of contract and pick the move that best suits him. I would wait if I were him.
A player on a longer contract would have a slightly different set of choices but not getting paid at some point equals breach of contract which in turn means they are in control of their next move.
The power is with the players nowadays and there is only 3 1/2 months of the season left. My guess is that some may go but many will wait until the summer.
Lastly, what value would Bearwood have to the club without an academy ? They would need to move to a much smaller / lower cost facility.

Need to sell the players to keep the club functioning. Once the season is over there's still bills to pay and wage to cover. With little to no income. Other than next seasons season ticket sales. Crisis management isn't easy. Difficult decisions have to be made. Not neccesarily ones that even the management wish to take.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 14 Jan 2024 15:01

Ok I agree with the invasion but I don't agree with the abandonment.

The players should've continued to play around the fans. They're professionals.

SydenhamRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SydenhamRoyal » 14 Jan 2024 15:05

I 100% agree with it. And I've changed my mind. I thought an invasion after the game - the original plan I believe- was pointless. I thought during the game it would be counterproductive.

I thought that, because I thought it would be 20 people, who would simply be arrested and banned. Well done those first ones over the barrier, I salute your courage.

I changed my mind about 5 seconds in when it was clear this was a mass invasion and stood to applaud, and eventually ambled on myself.

I salute the good behaviour of 99% of those who were on the pitch, bar a few mindless twats goading those calling for it to end.

Dai is actively and vindictively pursuing liquidation, first getting in any cash he can as he asset strips. Sure, some people will be upset at losing today's entertainment, but if something isn't done we will be out of existence, with the best we can hope for being a ground share with Reading City FC at Scours Lane and playing in the Hellenic League.

So yes. I support yesterday's action

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 14 Jan 2024 15:10

Millsy Ok I agree with the invasion but I don't agree with the abandonment.

The players should've continued to play around the fans. They're professionals.

Not sure it's fair on Port Vale for us to be allowed to play a 4-900-3-1 formation.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 14 Jan 2024 15:23

At a time when we should all be united, its a real shame one or two vocal RFC fans on twitter are trying to go out of their way to cause division amongst us.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 14 Jan 2024 15:34

Winston Biscuit At a time when we should all be united, its a real shame one or two vocal RFC fans on twitter are trying to go out of their way to cause division amongst us.

Who

Valley Harrier

by Valley Harrier » 14 Jan 2024 15:56

What difference does it make? Being a Cov fan, it’s clear that you have to do something. We had a campaign to boycott the games when SISU were in church, marches, protests etc. then the bloody owners took us to Northampton and later Birmingham. As mentioned before. Playing with attendances of 2k in league 1 was not good. I didn’t travel to Northampton or Birmingham. Fans were divided. Some travelled but refused to go in the grounds. Shit managers, no ground, no thing to grasp onto other than we are City.

It may get worse. But IMO you have nothing to lose given how bad your owner is.

I read on our forum that people will not begrudge you a bit of success. Too right. You have a demon of an owner and every game is about you being loyal fans.

The answer may be administration before this nutter dissolves you. Don’t let this happen, it just cannot be allowed to happen.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 14 Jan 2024 16:09

Snowflake Royal
P!ssed Off

Sadly it's all pretty meaningless.

One and only positive if we go bust is that I don't have to hear your terrible opinions again

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 14 Jan 2024 16:14

Brogue
Winston Biscuit At a time when we should all be united, its a real shame one or two vocal RFC fans on twitter are trying to go out of their way to cause division amongst us.

Who

Not going to link to it as I have no intention to e-beef or try and cause a pile on, but one of the more prominent RFC fans I often see on twitter commenting on things appears to be campaigning to make the entire thing about themselves and what a huge hero they are.

The ego they must have is quite something.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 14 Jan 2024 16:18

Idiots who are too middle class and don't want a club to support. Its simply if you disagree with something the masses support just keep quiet/bite tongue

329 posts