Run of Six pointers

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Run of Six pointers

by WestYorksRoyal » 10 Feb 2024 16:58

Well solid start here. We should be targeting a win at Fleetwood, but a draw acceptable off the back of 2 wins.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Feb 2024 17:09

Fleetwood are on decent form, but they're still 9 points behind us with none in hand, so even if they beat us, we're still two wins clear of them with a much better GD.

That one's a not losing would be good, but we can afford to drop points so long as we pick them up against Vale and Shrewsbury.

Our first 3 wins on the bounce of the season would be pretty nice though.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 10 Feb 2024 17:09

Brogue One down. Think we will win the next 5.

Two down think we will win the next 4

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 11 Feb 2024 02:17

Fleetwood lost today, so their form isn't so strong. I'd like to think we're going to just begin to start playing with flair and confidence like today. I think we can beat them.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 11 Feb 2024 18:58

skipper Fleetwood lost today, so their form isn't so strong. I'd like to think we're going to just begin to start playing with flair and confidence like today. I think we can beat them.

Fleetwood had won the previous 2 and were ahead until they had a man sent off. Tuesday will be a tough match.

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 11 Feb 2024 22:26

PieEater
skipper Fleetwood lost today, so their form isn't so strong. I'd like to think we're going to just begin to start playing with flair and confidence like today. I think we can beat them.

Fleetwood had won the previous 2 and were ahead until they had a man sent off. Tuesday will be a tough match.

And those 2 were the only 2 wins in their previous 18, which also included a losing streak of 5 in a row (and one cup game)

There's a reason they're below us.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Feb 2024 23:08

skipper
PieEater

And those 2 were the only 2 wins in their previous 18, which also included a losing streak of 5 in a row (and one cup game)

Form is generally considered 5/6 games.

They're in decent form. It's just a fact.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 12 Feb 2024 10:01

Snowflake Royal
skipper
PieEater

If you take the standard 6 game run for form then Fleetwood are 16th with 7 points. I wouldn't call that decent form, in fact it is borderline relegation form (over those 6 games). However those 7 points have all come in the last 4 games. Their slight up tick is really helping them alongside Port Vale, Charlton and Carlisle only managing a grand total of 3 points between them over 6 games.

They have hit a purple patch but will be interesting to see if this is a definitive improvement or if the defeat at the weekend will knock them back just as seems to have happened to Cheltenham, they had a much improved run 14pts from 9 games but in the run up to their win at Cambridge had lost 3 on the bounce.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 12 Feb 2024 13:21

Stranded Fleetwood - 23rd (a)
Pompey - 1st (a)
Port Vale 20th (H)
Shrewsbury - 16th (H)
Carlisle 24th (a) -
Wycombe 15th (H)

On current form we can get points from all of those games, maybe even 6 wins, who knows.

A look at the league table and you'd think Portsmouth will be tough, but we did play well against them at home and went 2-0 up. Since then we've remembered how to defend and see out games, so let's go for it.

The aim must be to chase down the likes of Port Vale and Wycombe and climb the table, so as long as we score more points than them and those below us over the next 6 games I'll be happy.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 12 Feb 2024 13:26

Forbury Lion
Pompey - 1st (a)
Port Vale 20th (H)
Shrewsbury - 16th (H)
Carlisle 24th (a) -
Wycombe 15th (H)

On current form we can get points from all of those games, maybe even 6 wins, who knows.

A look at the league table and you'd think Portsmouth will be tough, but we did play well against them at home and went 2-0 up. Since then we've remembered how to defend and see out games, so let's go for it.

The aim must be to chase down the likes of Port Vale and Wycombe and climb the table, so as long as we score more points than them and those below us over the next 6 games I'll be happy.

if we win them all we will be on 52 points and safe. lets hope I'm right... I'm not very often wrong

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 12 Feb 2024 13:31

Brogue
Forbury Lion
Pompey - 1st (a)
Port Vale 20th (H)
Shrewsbury - 16th (H)
Carlisle 24th (a) -
Wycombe 15th (H)

if we win them all we will be on 52 points and safe. lets hope I'm right... I'm not very often wrong

Anything more than 10 points from these and we will be all but safe as you would back us to take points from pretty much all the remaining home games and some of the aways (Hi Burton).

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 12 Feb 2024 13:33

We should be targeting 3 home wins and a win at an abysmal Carlisle side. That would be 12. I'll take 10 as acceptable, it would probably have us 7 points or so clear of 21st and looking very well set.

But 16 or even 18 genuinely wouldn't surprise me, which just shows how well the team are doing right now.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 12 Feb 2024 13:35

I'm almost certain we will beat Pompey FTR, the rest will be a breeze

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 12 Feb 2024 13:59

Win tomorrow and I'm happy to treat Pompy as a bit of a free hit.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 12 Feb 2024 14:13

Anyone saying "... and we will be safe" really ought to be adding the caveat "assuming there are no more points deductions".

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 12 Feb 2024 14:16

Dirk Gently Anyone saying "... and we will be safe" really ought to be adding the caveat "assuming there are no more points deductions".

something you're not telling us Dirk?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 12 Feb 2024 14:23

Dirk Gently Anyone saying "... and we will be safe" really ought to be adding the caveat "assuming there are no more points deductions".

To be fair, that is pretty much implied in any message. I am also fairly confident (baring any unknown impact on mentality) that this team could currently absorb another deduction of 4 or so points and stay up. Really hope we don't need to test that theory.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 12 Feb 2024 15:08

Would love to beat Pompey just for how much shit their fans have been giving us, oxf*rd it, hope they somehow manage to bottle promotion too, oxf*rd 'em.

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 12 Feb 2024 15:27

Snowflake Royal
skipper
PieEater

3 losses in 6 is good form?

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 12 Feb 2024 15:39

skipper
Snowflake Royal
skipper

3 losses in 6 is good form?

Ian will have an answer, don't you worry skip