MATCHWATCH : Port Vale (h)

202 posts
Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

Re: MATCHWATCH : Port Vale (h)

by Whore Jackie » 23 Feb 2024 13:07

Stranded
Whore Jackie Fleetwood are on their third manager now aren't they? FWIW, I thought Fleetwood, under Lee Johnson, were excellent when they beat us at home in October. Easily one of the best sides we've seen at the SCL this season. Not quite as impressive at Highbury, but been equally baffled as to their current lowly league position.

Really?

I seem to recall them being pants but bouyed by a 20 yarder in the first few mins. We huffed and puffed, got level, really should have got a second then fell apart in injury time - as was the style at the time.

Absolutely. No doubt that was one of our low points, on the back of three successive away capitulations, Selles still mucking around the system, players that are key to us now, weren't playing brilliantly then etc, but they were well worth their win. First-half they should have been out of sight.

Genuinely can't think of any team at the SCL this season that looked as decent for the most part as them. None of the current top 7 looked any better really, most considerably worse. Probably says more about the overall quality of League 1 this year.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Port Vale (h)

by Hound » 23 Feb 2024 14:09

Yes we played terribly against Fleetwood but were the better side second half and should have won. Dean missed a sitter minutes before they scored

They were bang average. Absolute low point for me that game

202 posts