money on when coppell will leave reading/ Forster to get 15?

294 posts
LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 02 Jul 2005 20:22

We wont make play-offs and he will go when his contract runs out although madejski wants him to stay.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 02 Jul 2005 20:30

Gordons Cumming
Royal Rother
Royalee
Platypuss That manager who had Sidwell on loan at both Brentford and Brighton must have a good eye for talent and is able to get them to join a club on loan. Maybe we should get rid of Coppell and get him in instead?

The same manager who couldn't attract him to sign permanently over Pardew.

Nice retort.

Reading had the money, Brighton didn't.

You lot of whingers are all t*ssers.
You're all going to look stupid when we're top at Xmas.

Funny how now he supposedly has more cash at his disposal he STILL can't attract the players, isn't it? The real tossers on this board are the RTGs such as yourself who can't take the fact that people do have negative views about the club, which are more often than not well justified. Top at Xmas? Someone's had a few too many sherrys.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 02 Jul 2005 21:40

RoyalBird
Jeffers217 Please now! Can't sign a named player to save his life, couldnt even sign Powell. Damaged all the enthusiasm of the club and damaged the half decent football we used to play. Added to this players have lost confidence- Harper, Murty, etc

Be quiet and have some optimism! The season hasn't even started and some of you guys are moaning about him! :roll:

AND THERE'S STILL A FREAKING MONTH TILL THE SEASON STARTS SO HOW DO YOU KNOW COPPELL HASN'T GOT ANYONE LINED UP?!??!?

ALL YOU MOANERS CAN JUST OXF*RD OFF AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED! :evil:

Dream on - just what will it take to make people like you realise we're heading for a nightmare?

Coppell got someone lined up - he's already making his excuses and hoping everything goes well for us in terms of luck - presumably because he's realised the squad he has assembled is incapable of influencing their own destiny.

All the July 1 will change things has now been shown to the b*llocks many of us suspected.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 02 Jul 2005 21:55

Gordons Cumming
Royal Rother
Royalee
Platypuss That manager who had Sidwell on loan at both Brentford and Brighton must have a good eye for talent and is able to get them to join a club on loan. Maybe we should get rid of Coppell and get him in instead?

Nice retort.

If you have to resort to swearing you have already lost the argument. We WILL look stupid should RFC be top of the league at Christmas with this "squad". I'm happy to accept the odds of THAT happening :wink:

Officer Dibble

by Officer Dibble » 02 Jul 2005 22:02

Gordons Cumming
Royal Rother
Royalee

Nice retort.

Nice one. I do like blind faith!! Which Christmas are you talking about? And also top of what exactly?

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 03 Jul 2005 08:02

OK apologies for the swearing, but in football, as in life, I think it's better to be positive than negative.

Tongue in cheek about Xmas but I can't understand all this negative attitude from true Reading fans.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 03 Jul 2005 09:26

Royalee

Behave. And you think that if Pardew was at Brighton and Coppell at Reading that he would have chosen to stay at Brighton? :lol:

Take the blinkers off; SC has admitted that he put too much trust in the existing squad last season. Waat makes you think he doesn't like loans when his entire management career reveals the complete opposite?

By the way, have you managed to find that recent quote from Madejski that we have "plenty of money to spend"?

Jay

by Jay » 03 Jul 2005 12:41

He'll go by Christmas, after saying he'll go if he can't take us up next season then it's certain he's on his way.

I just hope the FC are ahead of the game and start looking to the future, and please god don't give the job to the 'appy rabbit. :shock:

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 03 Jul 2005 14:12

You do confuse me Jay.

Jeffers217

by Jeffers217 » 03 Jul 2005 14:24

LoyalRoyal22 We wont make play-offs and he will go when his contract runs out although madejski wants him to stay.

Good point. Why does he want him to stay? Because he gets on with him, Coppell is not ambitious. Madjeski couldnt hack it with those 2 quality managers we had, both Pardew and Coppell wouldve taken us up. They shouldve been given money and a wage rise as a reward.

ITFC

by ITFC » 03 Jul 2005 15:12

One thing Ive thought about SC and his 'best mate' relationship with BFJ.

If Forster was such a crappy player, would SC have let him come to Ipswich and his best mate or was it that you just couldnt afford to keep him?

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 03 Jul 2005 15:14

Forster WAS fantastic. The question iswhether he still has it. He was disappointing for us last season.

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 03 Jul 2005 15:14

ITFC One thing Ive thought about SC and his 'best mate' relationship with BFJ.

If Forster was such a crappy player, would SC have let him come to Ipswich and his best mate or was it that you just couldnt afford to keep him?

A bit of both.

He isn't the player that put three past you a while ago, not by a long shot. His injury proneness gets worse by the day, and he was one of our top earners.

The real judgement will come when we see who (if anyone) fills his boots.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 03 Jul 2005 15:21

The whole year inn

A bit of both.

He isn't the player that put three past you a while ago, not by a long shot. His injury proneness gets worse by the day,.

Evidenced by what exactly?

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 03 Jul 2005 15:24

RoyalBlue
The whole year inn

A bit of both.

He isn't the player that put three past you a while ago, not by a long shot. His injury proneness gets worse by the day,.

Evidenced by what exactly?

Last season?

Players don't get fitter as they get older.

I will chew my own arm off if he scores more than 6, possibly 7 goals next season. I would also not be surprised if they all come against us.

ITFC

by ITFC » 03 Jul 2005 15:38

The whole year inn
I will chew my own arm off if he scores more than 6, possibly 7 goals next season. I would also not be surprised if they all come against us.

Oh I have no doubt that he will bag at least 15 goals judging by the way we play, I just wondered why you let him go if SC didnt have someone lined up to jump into his shoes.

Also why is Goater still with you? Its clear that no-one at the club rates him, so why didnt they let him go? How much more does he have left on his contract?

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 03 Jul 2005 15:42

ITFC
The whole year inn

Oh I have no doubt that he will bag at least 15 goals judging by the way we play, I just wondered why you let him go if SC didnt have someone lined up to jump into his shoes.

Also why is Goater still with you? Its clear that no-one at the club rates him, so why didnt they let him go? How much more does he have left on his contract?

Coppell let him go so we can get someone younger and possibly better in. Or so we all hope.

Goater - One year left, and it will be a bloody long year at that.

Forster to bag 15 goals from the treatment room is a tough ask. But knowing him, he will probably do it.

He will score infront of your fans at the Mad Stad, that is for certain.

Jay

by Jay » 03 Jul 2005 16:11

Royal Rother You do confuse me Jay.

It's an easy thing to do. :wink:

What i meant was, Coppell has admitted he'll leave if we don't go up this coming season.

We'll, we arn't are we? It would take the most optimist of fans to think we even have a hope of the play-offs.

So, it's a certainty he'll go by the latest of next June or if things are that bad he may go earlier.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 03 Jul 2005 16:20

What I meant was that I'm confused as to whether you're pro or anti Coppell. I don't hang on your every word but I detect confusing messages at times!

Oh and Forster - good player - overrated by Reading fans - nobody ever established a partnership with him which I believe held us back. I like him, he's intelligent, committed and a nice bloke by all accounts but I can assure you there is very little chance of him bagging 15 goals next season, even he plays every game. Which he most certainly won't.

Oh and Coppell actually said when he joined us that he would consider it a failure if RFC were not in The Premiership by 2005/6 season and that was why he only wanted a 2 year contract. I'm pretty sure he said he would go if he failed - yet here we are!
Last edited by Royal Rother on 03 Jul 2005 16:28, edited 1 time in total.

Jay

by Jay » 03 Jul 2005 16:23

Royal Rother What I meant was that I'm confused as to whether you're pro or anti Coppell. I don't hang on your every word but I detect confusing messages at times!

I'm pro Coppell, what he did at Palace I've always held out hope he could do here but my hopes are fading of late.

Maybe it's not him, maybe he doesn't have all the freedom he needs (the 'appy wabbit etc).

But I'm growing more disillusioned each day.

294 posts