money on when coppell will leave reading/ Forster to get 15?

294 posts
ITFC

by ITFC » 03 Jul 2005 16:38

Royal Rother What I meant was that I'm confused as to whether you're pro or anti Coppell. I don't hang on your every word but I detect confusing messages at times!

Oh and Forster - good player - overrated by Reading fans - nobody ever established a partnership with him which I believe held us back. I like him, he's intelligent, committed and a nice bloke by all accounts but I can assure you there is very little chance of him bagging 15 goals next season, even he plays every game. Which he most certainly won't.

Oh and Coppell actually said when he joined us that he would consider it a failure if RFC were not in The Premiership by 2005/6 season and that was why he only wanted a 2 year contract. I'm pretty sure he said he would go if he failed - yet here we are!

I'll pay £50 to a charity of your choice if he doesnt bag 15 next season. We play much more attacking football, not just compared to you but everyone else in the division, that may just suit him.

Tredder
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Tredder » 03 Jul 2005 16:40

ITFC
Royal Rother What I meant was that I'm confused as to whether you're pro or anti Coppell. I don't hang on your every word but I detect confusing messages at times!

Oh and Forster - good player - overrated by Reading fans - nobody ever established a partnership with him which I believe held us back. I like him, he's intelligent, committed and a nice bloke by all accounts but I can assure you there is very little chance of him bagging 15 goals next season, even he plays every game. Which he most certainly won't.

Oh and Coppell actually said when he joined us that he would consider it a failure if RFC were not in The Premiership by 2005/6 season and that was why he only wanted a 2 year contract. I'm pretty sure he said he would go if he failed - yet here we are!

I'll pay £50 to a charity of your choice if he doesnt bag 15 next season. We play much more attacking football, not just compared to you but everyone else in the division, that may just suit him.

CF Trust.

I'll do it the other way as i don't think he'll get 15.
Last edited by Tredder on 03 Jul 2005 16:41, edited 1 time in total.

Jay

by Jay » 03 Jul 2005 16:40

ITFC

Attacking football?

That sounds great! :cry: :wink:

photo_royal

Re: money on when coppell will leave reading

by photo_royal » 03 Jul 2005 16:43

wainy i say september

Jesus H christ

ITFC

by ITFC » 03 Jul 2005 16:49

Tredder
ITFC

CF Trust.

Done.

Jay

by Jay » 03 Jul 2005 16:50

ITFC
Tredder
ITFC

CF Trust.

Done.

He has been, time and time again. :lol:

Tredder
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Tredder » 03 Jul 2005 16:50

Cool.

I have the safe cushion of Z Head giving me £50 when Reading don't finish top 5.

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 03 Jul 2005 16:53

Can I have some of what Tredder got ITFC?

Jay

by Jay » 03 Jul 2005 16:55

The whole year inn Can I have some of what Tredder got ITFC?

You want a bit of Spacey? :wink:

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 03 Jul 2005 17:02

Jay

Possibly!?

Nomad_Royal

by Nomad_Royal » 03 Jul 2005 17:24

Royal Rother
Royalee
Platypuss That manager who had Sidwell on loan at both Brentford and Brighton must have a good eye for talent and is able to get them to join a club on loan. Maybe we should get rid of Coppell and get him in instead?

The same manager who couldn't attract him to sign permanently over Pardew.

Nice retort.

What a couple of stupid comments. Coppell spots the talent and is then ridiculed for not being able to get him to sign over Pardew.

Lets see

Brighton - No ground, No money , going nowhere at the moment.
Reading - Brilliant ground, facilties, opportunities for top flight. Probably greater money.

Royal Lee and Royal Rother please tell me which one would you have chosen?

Tredder
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Tredder » 03 Jul 2005 17:26

Close call, both teams have little ambition.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 03 Jul 2005 17:30

Oh bloody hell, don't take it so seriously Nomad.

Of course it doesn't stand up to scrutiny, but the response was quick, short, to the point and made me chuckle.

Jay

by Jay » 03 Jul 2005 17:31

The whole year inn
Jay

Possibly!?

I'm very concerned here.

ITFC

by ITFC » 03 Jul 2005 17:48

Ha, whilst im more than happy that I will win, a baby ITFC on the way dictates that I dont take that risk :wink:

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 03 Jul 2005 17:50

ITFC

Ha, whilst im more than happy that I will win, a baby ITFC on the way dictates that I dont take that risk :wink:

:wink:

Dr Hfuhruhurr

by Dr Hfuhruhurr » 03 Jul 2005 19:56

I reckon Forster will get 15+. Ipswich pass the ball, create a lot of chances and Forster still a good finisher. He'll be a better player for the Tractor Boys than he was for us last year.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 03 Jul 2005 21:34

I don't think he's a particularly good finisher, and I think he creates most of his own goals rather than feeding off other players. Ok, he might have a better quality of ball delivered next season, but he's been like that for years at Reading, so I'm not just talking about last season.

In any case, to score 15 goals he needs to play a lot of games. I would doubt his fitness will hold up for 30 and he'll certainly need that many to bag 15 if he matches his usual conversion rate.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 04 Jul 2005 09:09

Royal Rother I don't think he's a particularly good finisher, and I think he creates most of his own goals rather than feeding off other players. Ok, he might have a better quality of ball delivered next season, but he's been like that for years at Reading, so I'm not just talking about last season.

In any case, to score 15 goals he needs to play a lot of games. I would doubt his fitness will hold up for 30 and he'll certainly need that many to bag 15 if he matches his usual conversion rate.

He'll be looking to impress at his new club so I expect him to contain the eagerness to be selfish and pass the ball more.

Just a gut feeling.

Nomad_Royal

by Nomad_Royal » 04 Jul 2005 09:40

Royal Rother Oh bloody hell, don't take it so seriously Nomad.

Of course it doesn't stand up to scrutiny, but the response was quick, short, to the point and made me chuckle.

And there was me thinking this was a board where you comment on other peoples posts......

294 posts