Feyenoord friendly?

185 posts
readingfc_4_life_and_beyo

by readingfc_4_life_and_beyo » 16 May 2006 16:30

Hup Holland Hup
AJ~ Great news! From the official Feyenoord site:
FEYENOORD TEGEN CHELSEA EN READING

Chelsea komt naar De Kuip. Dat meldt de Feyenoord Krant die vandaag is verschenen. De sterrenploeg van coach Jos� Mourinho speelt op 8 augustus in Rotterdam een oefenwedstrijd tegen de ploeg van Erwin Koeman. Seizoenkaarthouders krijgen voor deze wedstrijd een korting van tien procent. Vier dagen later speelt Feyenoord in Engeland een oefenwedstrijd tegen Premier League promovendus Reading.

Feyenoord heeft in het contract met Chelsea laten opnemen dat de Londenaren in de sterkst mogelijke opstelling zullen aantreden. Het aanvangstijdstip van de wedstrijd staat nog niet vast. Feyenoord heeft een voorkeur voor 19.00 uur, maar wacht op gemeentelijke toestemming.

Feyenoord staat in augustus dus een Engelse week te wachten, want twee dagen voordat Chelsea naar De Kuip komt, speelt de ploeg van Koeman de openingswedstrijd van het seizoen tegen Middlesbrough. Dat betekent een weerzien met ex-Feyenoorder George Boateng.

Translation anyone? :D

Quick translation

Chelsea to visit the bowl. This was confirmed in todays "Feyenoord Post". Jose Mourinhos star studded team are to play a friendly on the 8th of August against Erwin Koumans team. Season ticket holders will be given a 10% discount. 4 days later Feyenoord travel to England to play a friendly against newly promoted Reading.

Blah blah blah Chelsea.

I don't think this is a "per chance" friendly and subsequently would not be surprised if one or two of the younger Feyenoord players are loaned to yourselves for the coming season. Also wouldn't be very surprised if BC wore red on the 12th.

You what?! :shock:

FIIIR

by FIIIR » 07 Jun 2006 17:27

Hello Guys, here a Feyenoord Fanatic...

It's always nice to play against an English team, so we're very pleased with this match against Reading.
2 years ago we had a friendly match in summer against portsmouth, last year we went to charlton athletic.

I think we bring about 500 fans with us, but I'm not sure about this, because saturday 11 august is also a huge Dance Parade in Rotterdam, the second largest in Europe, after the Love Parade in Berlin, so maybe some fans stay at home for this dance thing...

i'd like to know if there are some nice pubs in Reading, cause me and some mates are not sure where we gonna stay that weekend, in Reading, or in Londen. can you tell me if Reading is nice, with some pubs en nice girls ? haha

it's gonna be a nice week for us then, first middlesbrough, than Chelsea, and than reading, i'm looking forward to it ! 8)

(sorry for my bad english haha)
Last edited by FIIIR on 07 Jun 2006 17:34, edited 1 time in total.

FIIIR

Re: Feyenoord friendly?

by FIIIR » 07 Jun 2006 17:33

Control Freak
floyd__streete
Adrian's Fool Apparently we have a friendly against Feyenoord planned for August 12th

SROT vs Feyenoord's notorious fans :lol:
Bring it on, can't f&cking wait for this.

hahaha if you mean, what I think you mean, don't even think reading will have a chance against Feyenoord hahaha

jon56565

by jon56565 » 07 Jun 2006 17:37

kevin doyle is much better than piere van hoijdonkey :lol:
Last edited by jon56565 on 07 Jun 2006 17:40, edited 1 time in total.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 07 Jun 2006 17:38

Hi there, welcome to the board, we've had one or two Dutch visitors on here (especially a poster called Hup Holland Hup).

As for whether to stay in Reading or London, well, Reading does have a decent nightlife (i.e. several pubs), so you'd probably still have a good time, although the nightclubs are ok-ish - some Reading inhabitants will say it's shit. However, London has more choice more diverse places to go, so some people on here might advise you to go to London.

I like the Dutch. I've been to Arnhem and some of the people there are nice. Well, ok, the Dutch women are nice.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 07 Jun 2006 17:39

SpaceCruiser I like the Dutch. I've been to Arnhem and some of the people there are nice. Well, ok, the Dutch women are nice.

:roll:

Or you could stay down the road in Bracknell and commute in. :wink:

FIIIR

by FIIIR » 07 Jun 2006 17:40

jon56565 kevin doyle is much better than piere van hoijdonk :lol:

that's possible, don't know Kevin Doyle :)

but we're not very happy with van hooijdonk. a few years ago he left us for fenerbahce, because that f ucker wanted to much money from Feyenoord. everybody hates him for that still! really don't understand why Feyenoord bought him back from nac in the winter... :twisted:

And we have Dirk Kuijt, the best striker in Europa (although I think he will be sold for a huge amount of money after he brings the World Cup to Holland haha)

And I read here somewhere that we have Kalou, but he has been sold to Chelsea a few days ago
Last edited by FIIIR on 07 Jun 2006 17:42, edited 2 times in total.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 07 Jun 2006 17:41

Don't listen to him, Bracknell is a hell hole, with absolutely no nightlife whatsoever. ;)

FIIIR

by FIIIR » 07 Jun 2006 17:43

And on the day of the match, are there pubs open near the Stadium or somewhere else ? watching a game without lots of beer before it, isnt' fun eh ! :P

The_Cat

by The_Cat » 07 Jun 2006 17:44

I'm half dutch.

FIIIR

by FIIIR » 07 Jun 2006 17:44

SpaceCruiser I like the Dutch. I've been to Arnhem and some of the people there are nice. Well, ok, the Dutch women are nice.

Reading played against Vitesse ? :?:

and the girls are nice here, that's true haha

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 07 Jun 2006 17:45

Ah, yes, there aren't any pubs around the stadium, you're better off drinking in town and then catching the bus to the stadium. Although there are concourses in the stadium where you can get some (crap and overpriced) beer.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 07 Jun 2006 17:46

FIIIR

Reading played against Vitesse ? :?:

and the girls are nice here, that's true haha

No, I was there for something else.

The_Cat

by The_Cat » 07 Jun 2006 17:48

You heard of a place called Venendaal FIIR?

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 07 Jun 2006 17:49

FIIIR And on the day of the match, are there pubs open near the Stadium or somewhere else ? watching a game without lots of beer before it, isnt' fun eh ! :P

No pubs near the stadium, which is an Ikea identikit effort right next to the motorway with the bonus for visitors of being able to escape from the town quite quickly 8) . Best bet for pubs is the town centre and there are regular buses from opposite the station down to the ground on matchdays. See you there - no flares allowed remember.

Ps. Do you look like Martin Jol?

FIIIR

by FIIIR » 07 Jun 2006 17:50

The_Cat You heard of a place called Venendaal FIIR?

of course

FIIIR

by FIIIR » 07 Jun 2006 17:51

floyd__streete See you there - no flares allowed remember.

Ps. Do you look like Martin Jol?

no, i'm no fat bastard haha

and never were flares ( I think that means soccer shirts and that sort of shit ?)

The_Cat

by The_Cat » 07 Jun 2006 17:51

FIIIR
The_Cat You heard of a place called Venendaal FIIR?

of course
I go there 2-3 times a year ebcause my Grandad lives there. Am I right in thinking that at around Christmas time lots of boiling water went through Rotterdam? :?

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 07 Jun 2006 17:53

FIIR, flares can be two things, the bottom leg of your jeans overlaps your shoes or these red flaming fire sticks that you hold aloft to signal planes/helicopters.

FIIIR

by FIIIR » 07 Jun 2006 17:54

SpaceCruiser FIIR, flares can be two things, the bottom leg of your jeans overlaps your shoes or these red flaming fire sticks that you hold aloft to signal planes/helicopters.

oh haha :D

of course ! :D

185 posts