Comrade Kitson

Only one Trevor Morley
Location: On the floor of the penalty box, having won a penalty by falling over

Comrade Kitson

by Only one Trevor Morley » 05 Jul 2006 16:19

I thought he'd been quiet for a while - he's back - one of his better rants!

Fifa has made it a game for softies
Dave Kitson has accused football’s governing body FIFA of making the game a virtual non-contact sport, dictated by money.

The Reading striker claims the World Cup has confirmed the sport is plagued by divers, cheats and gamesmanship.

England’s controversial quarter-final exit at the hands of Portugal will forever be remembered for Wayne Rooney’s dismissal.

Advertisementyour story continues below
Argentine ref Horacio Elizondo insists that he sent off Rooney for an alleged stamp on Ricardo Carvalho rather than his subsequent shove on Manchester United team-mate Cristiano Ronaldo.

Rooney, though, looked to have been fouled in the build-up to the altercation and insisted he didn’t mean to make contact with Chelsea defender Carvalho.

And Kitson stormed: “Despite what the referee’s report might say now, he sent Rooney off for pushing or raising his hand, there is no doubt about that at all.

“The fact that now in football you can’t put your hand on someone’s chest is embarrassing.

“The referee is just going by the rules and he’s not to blame. The people to blame are the ones at the top – the suits sat in their Swiss offices with huge bank accounts.

“These people haven’t kicked a ball for 60 or 70 years. They want to kick the physical edge out of the game. It used to be a game played by working men for working men but the problem now is it is all about money.

“The people right at the top need to be held accountable, but until someone raises their hand and says something it’s going to continue. But it’s not going to happen because people are just picking up huge pay cheques. It is a disgrace!”

For full story and other World Cup news see today's Post

BobKnows

by BobKnows » 05 Jul 2006 16:28

Thank God for Kitson...

I just hope that none of the PR brigade try and temper his style, now we're in the Premiership. I'm looking forward to a good Kits rant on Match of the Day this season.... :D

addsrfc

by addsrfc » 05 Jul 2006 16:29

well said kitson

moo
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by moo » 05 Jul 2006 16:29

Wait there I need a wee

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Comrade Kitson

by Gordons Cumming » 05 Jul 2006 17:30

Only one Trevor Morley
“The people right at the top need to be held accountable, but until someone raises their hand and says something it’s going to continue. But it’s not going to happen because people are just picking up huge pay cheques. It is a disgrace!”

That's the trouble Davie boy, you can't raise your hand. :wink:

Fubar
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Fubar » 05 Jul 2006 17:35

Gordons Cumming
Only one Trevor Morley

That's the trouble Davie boy, you can't raise your hand. :wink:

Bugger, I was going to point that out!! :lol:

WestCoast Life
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by WestCoast Life » 05 Jul 2006 17:40

I wonder what he thinks of Sidwell's pay demands ?

Pool and Darts

by Pool and Darts » 05 Jul 2006 18:21

What a legend Dave Kitson is.

It just goes to show that no matter what heights they reach, at least some people will remember where they came from. Feet firmly planted on the ground.

He is almost becoming the voice of the fans!!

I have been thinking the same thing while watching this world cup.
It is becoming a non-contact sport.

Mind you, I have also commented recently (during white-hot workplace football chat! :roll: ) that England don't cheat enough to win the world cup. We are too honest!

Well done Kits!!

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 05 Jul 2006 18:39

He's a Colin Gordon with goals.

Tell it as you sees it Dave :D

Coppelloadofthat
Location: You can do better than me, but I can't do better than you.

by Coppelloadofthat » 05 Jul 2006 18:48

moo Wait there I need a wee

Have you finished yet?

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 05 Jul 2006 19:06

That was brilliant. Well done kitson. Top marks!!!!

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 05 Jul 2006 19:52

I was ready to applaud him after reading that article tonight but it appears someone got there first. Absolutely 110% SPOT ON. Kitson always talks sense.

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 05 Jul 2006 21:06

Of course, Dave Kitson would never dive.

royalsteve

by royalsteve » 05 Jul 2006 22:26

Only one Trevor Morley I thought he'd been quiet for a while - he's back - one of his better rants!

Fifa has made it a game for softies
Dave Kitson has accused football’s governing body FIFA of making the game a virtual non-contact sport, dictated by money.

The Reading striker claims the World Cup has confirmed the sport is plagued by divers, cheats and gamesmanship.

England’s controversial quarter-final exit at the hands of Portugal will forever be remembered for Wayne Rooney’s dismissal.

Advertisementyour story continues below
Argentine ref Horacio Elizondo insists that he sent off Rooney for an alleged stamp on Ricardo Carvalho rather than his subsequent shove on Manchester United team-mate Cristiano Ronaldo.

Rooney, though, looked to have been fouled in the build-up to the altercation and insisted he didn’t mean to make contact with Chelsea defender Carvalho.

And Kitson stormed: “Despite what the referee’s report might say now, he sent Rooney off for pushing or raising his hand, there is no doubt about that at all.

“The fact that now in football you can’t put your hand on someone’s chest is embarrassing.

“The referee is just going by the rules and he’s not to blame. The people to blame are the ones at the top – the suits sat in their Swiss offices with huge bank accounts.

“These people haven’t kicked a ball for 60 or 70 years. They want to kick the physical edge out of the game. It used to be a game played by working men for working men but the problem now is it is all about money.

For full story and other World Cup news see today's Post

he was spot on...had a laugh tonight though France 1 Cheats 0... yippee...well done France...what goes around comes around Scolari you muppet.....manage England? - Get F****d you fat bald headed (almost) plonker

Ronaldo should have been sent off (2 dives = 2 yellow cards).....mind you him crying at the end made me laugh..stupid baby
Last edited by royalsteve on 05 Jul 2006 22:31, edited 4 times in total.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 05 Jul 2006 22:27

Pool and Darts England don't cheat enough to win the world cup. We are too honest!

We may not roll around and play-act, but we cheat as bad as most teams.
Gerrard and J.Cole are two of the worst divers you will see and Beckham gives it a fair crack too.

We just don't do all the hystrionics that other teams do

working class hero

by working class hero » 05 Jul 2006 22:28

Jerry St Clair Of course, Dave Kitson would never dive.

Although Doyle would not look out of place on a high board....

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 05 Jul 2006 22:30

working class hero
Jerry St Clair Of course, Dave Kitson would never dive.

Although Doyle would not look out of place on a high board....

Doyle merely anticipates the foul. Very intelligent.

If and when he leaves Reading, he'll be a stupid, diving, cheating scum bag.

torbayroyal

crap football

by torbayroyal » 05 Jul 2006 22:50

Just seen Portugal go out of the world cup. What is happening to the beautiful game?

We have spent years trying to get into the top flight, I hope it is not an anti climax. There have been some shocking games in the lower leagues but also some crackers. I would rather watch the mighty Torquay Utd than some of this years world cup games.

Lets hope we can inject some real class into the premiership, by that I mean dignity and sportsmanship.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 06 Jul 2006 13:24

I don't always agree with Kitson's views but this time he is spot on, particularly with:

I know the Swedish turnip has said that, when he spoke to the ref after the game he was told that it was for stamping, but rest assured that by the time that conversation took place, Blatter's men would have got to the ref to tell him about the 'stamp'.

As for the ref stating that he wasn't influenced by Ronaldo; did anyone really expect him to say otherwise?! Had he admitted to being influenced by a player he rightly would have been shipped straight off home.

by 1960 » 06 Jul 2006 16:59

And now the lying git has been given the World Cup Final. Totally political - "yeah, we'll show we stand behind you, and you sending off Rooney was OK by us, and by the way, thanks for saying he was sent of for the stamp and not the push, 'cos the push was a bit girlie and people wouldn't like a sending-off for that".

Big up to Kits for saying out loud that the ref was fibbing. I hope he can keep telling it like it is.