Cox - 5th striker?

19 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
SWLR
Hob Nob Regular

Cox - 5th striker?

by SWLR » 26 Jul 2006 18:35

With no Doyle/Kitson, he is down as one of 3 strikers tonight.

I've not seen enough of him to know if he can break through like Long. His couple of goals pre-season have been impressive, but I've not seen his overall play.
What do you think?

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 26 Jul 2006 19:08

Will be a decent Championship level striker in the future. Maybe the 3rd striker to most teams in the CCC now.

I don't think he's long-term Premiership calibre, but hopefully he'll prove us all wrong.

With Coppell looking after him, you never know.

HighburyRoyale

by HighburyRoyale » 27 Jul 2006 09:03

Row Z Royal Will be a decent Championship level striker in the future. Maybe the 3rd striker to most teams in the CCC now.

I don't think he's long-term Premiership calibre, but hopefully he'll prove us all wrong.

He did score some excellent goals for the reserves last year! He looked capable but nothing special against Millwall last night

wehateoxford

by wehateoxford » 27 Jul 2006 09:29

i think coxy can break through, he's powerful, determined and scores good goals. he might not be prem calibre now, but i think he'll do alright if he's blooded this season. and he's only 19 isn't he? give the lad a chance

andyhalls

by andyhalls » 27 Jul 2006 16:59

He was decent at 8 years old, and he's even better now.

Will make an impact next season if he figures.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 27 Jul 2006 17:03

I too think this lad is a decent player. I don't think he's ever going to be a prolific goalscorer but he's a very decent footballer, who can play that little bit deeper and pick a pass. He was very good in the reserves last year so hopefully will carry on improving and a get a few games for the first team.

Lita, Doyle, Kitson, Long, Cox and Seol ought to be enough, at least until January. :wink:

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 27 Jul 2006 17:08

Alan Partridge I too think this lad is a decent player. I don't think he's ever going to be a prolific goalscorer but he's a very decent footballer, who can play that little bit deeper and pick a pass. He was very good in the reserves last year so hopefully will carry on improving and a get a few games for the first team.

Lita, Doyle, Kitson, Long, Cox and Seol ought to be enough, at least until January. :wink:

I hope so, but we're playing Premiership football don't remember, not Championship.Big difference.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 27 Jul 2006 17:08

Gordons Cumming
Alan Partridge I too think this lad is a decent player. I don't think he's ever going to be a prolific goalscorer but he's a very decent footballer, who can play that little bit deeper and pick a pass. He was very good in the reserves last year so hopefully will carry on improving and a get a few games for the first team.

I hope so, but we're playing Premiership football don't remember, not Championship.Big difference.

Why, are the goals smaller?

andyhalls

by andyhalls » 27 Jul 2006 17:10

Alan Partridge
Gordons Cumming

Why, are the goals smaller?

And the pitches.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 27 Jul 2006 17:17

Both the pitches and the goals are further apart.

midlandadie

by midlandadie » 28 Jul 2006 02:56

he is not a premiership striker. long jumped ahead of him even tho he joined last year! imagine it next year one nil down against fulham would you really be hopeing for sc to bring him on to get the goals we need?!he needs a season in championship or league one see how he does there then bring him back. plus two 19 year olds as your back up strikers if the others get injured?

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 28 Jul 2006 03:20

Given just how many Reading fans have been proved wrong about (and this is just a few from a very long list) Kitson, Convey and Sonko, I'm amazed by just how many "experts" want to right off players at any particular level before they've kicked a ball in anger :?

It must be high time we had another discussion about when that idiot Coppell will throw in the towel.

TommyF
Location: sitting on the dock of the bay, watching the royals sail away

by TommyF » 28 Jul 2006 08:40

Gordons Cumming Both the pitches and the goals are further apart.
True. They have had to move the disabled stand area in both North and South as that is where the goal posts now are, although they haven't removed all of the seats in line with the goalposts preferring to go with a bit of a corridor leading to the goals as Coppell felt this will make it easier to defend against players like Henry next season and cut out the number of crosses into the box.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

Re:

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 28 Apr 2010 21:49

Woodcote Royal Given just how many Reading fans have been proved wrong about (and this is just a few from a very long list) Kitson, Convey and Sonko, I'm amazed by just how many "experts" want to right off players at any particular level before they've kicked a ball in anger :?

It must be high time we had another discussion about when that idiot Coppell will throw in the towel.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

URZZ
Hob Nob Regular

Re:

by URZZ » 28 Apr 2010 21:56

Row Z Royal Will be a decent Championship level striker in the future. Maybe the 3rd striker to most teams in the CCC now.

Fair shout by that man!

leww_rfc
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Re:

by leww_rfc » 28 Apr 2010 22:19

URZZ

Fair shout by that man!

How many goals is he on this season?

URZZ
Hob Nob Regular

by URZZ » 28 Apr 2010 22:41

leww_rfc
URZZ

Fair shout by that man!

How many goals is he on this season?

10. But I agree with the 'decent Championship striker in the future' statement.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 29 Apr 2010 02:00

Harpers So Solid Crew
Woodcote Royal Given just how many Reading fans have been proved wrong about (and this is just a few from a very long list) Kitson, Convey and Sonko, I'm amazed by just how many "experts" want to right off players at any particular level before they've kicked a ball in anger :?

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I guess you think you are making some kind of point ( or are becoming increasingly desperate to find one :| ) but I made this post nearly 4 years ago just after we'd amassed 106pts to secure promotion to the top flight for the first time in our history.

Only idiots would have wanted Coppell sacked then and I've never had anything other than high praise for his achievements at that time...................................the difference being that I never felt this gave him the right to throw away our Premiership status.

I was also slagging off those who were slagging off Cox........................... a player who would still be here had he thought he stood the faintest chance of getting past Coppell's favourites like Lita, who had long since ceased to justify his superiority by the time Cox departed and now looks irrelevant in comparison..

If you've got something to say why hide behind 6 of these :roll:

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Cox - 5th striker?

by FiNeRaIn » 29 Apr 2010 05:24

What a stupid bump, I mean seriously? You bump a four year old post to spam a couple of smileys, are you dumb?

19 posts   •   Page 1 of 1