Latest drivel from the Sidwell camp

Scarface
Hob Nob Regular

by Scarface » 10 Aug 2006 12:20

Stranded I'm sorry but selling someone now and hoping to get an adequate replacement in the next three weeks is stupid. If we buy someone first then, yes, fine, lets sell.

Exactly. Squeeky is struggling to attract players as it is, so what guarantees are there we'd be able to replace him.

I'd like us to purchase a replacement, drop him and then sell him at Christmas (if anyone wants him at that price!)

Tilehurst Mike

by Tilehurst Mike » 10 Aug 2006 12:21

Woodcote Royal
Stranded
Woodcote Royal
Tilehurst Mike
Woodcote Royal
Stranded Seriously people can we stop this now.

Sidwell is staying for the forseeable future and has done nothing wrong in the whole scheme of things. He will be pulling on our shirt in 10 days time and playing for our club. Nothing else is important.

Thank you, Mrs Sidwell, your views have been noted.

Meanwhile, back in the real world where most Reading fans are just responding to the sh*te currently emanating from the Sidwell camp........................surely someone in Middlesborough can put their hands on a brown envelope..................I doubt that the dosh represents too much of a problem.

I just wish people like you would get off Sidwell's back--

And I just wish people like you would wake up and smell the coffee, once you've climbed out of Steve Sidwell's backside.

Reading fans are justifiably upset at the comments made by both player and agent in recent weeks.

It's not our fault that you appear so fixated with the man himself that in your eyes he can do no wrong. Why not start a Sidwell fan club and support whichever club he goes to because he won't be here much longer.

Given his form of the last 2 years, we should make a tidy profit from replacing him with someone of equal ability.

Get over yourself WR, he's a professional who like all professionals is looking out for his career. At the moment, that career sees him play in a Reading shirt and whilst he does I will support him as equally as all other players. When he leaves, then that's that.

This saga doesn't seem to have effected the rest of the squad and according to the post today he is happy to play for us and will continue to work as he has. Yes his form may not have been great last year but he scored 10 and if he manages half that his year we'll all be happy.

This whole thing is over for the time being so FFS support the team (of which he is a part) and enjoy the season.

Steve Sidwell says he wants to forget his contract wrangle and concentrate on giving 100 per cent for Reading this season.

The midfield ace’s future has been the hottest topic of debate for Royals fans this summer.

Premiership rivals Manchester City and Charlton have both put in bids for the former Arsenal youth player, who has turned down the offer of a bumper new deal with Reading.

Advertisementyour story continues below
So when Sidwell’s current contract expires next summer, Royals risk losing him for nothing. But the 23-year-old insists in the meantime he will be giving his all for Reading.

Sidwell told the Evening Post: “I’m glad all the talk has stopped now.

“It wasn’t affecting me, but I didn’t want it affecting the team. During the first two weeks of the pre-season all the media at the ground was just about me and not about the team.

“Now it’s all put to bed we can just get on with the season and go for it."

Full story and interview in the Evening Post.

I'm glad Sidwell has attempted some form of damage limitation but that doesn't excuse the pathetic brown nosing from yourself and a few others.

Believe it or not, you are not alone in realising that football is a career for players and that they will try to get the best deal that they can.

However, just like the business world, there are ways and means of conducting yourself, things that can and can't be said.

Sidwell and his agent have behaved like kids in a candy store and this Evening Post article is proof that they have gone too far.

If Sidwell wants our respect he should shut the f*ck up, continue his business dealings in private and make sure his agent does the same.

Meanwhile, it's blinkered Sidwell groupies like you who need to "get over" themselves.

Its supporters like you that the club can do well without. Just can;t believe what planet you are on!

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 10 Aug 2006 12:24

I am not a Sidwell groupie.

As I have said already, if he goes he goes, if he stays he stays - I even said lets sell him if a replacement is found first.

Yes he has made mistakes and yes some of the comments made this summer haven't been in the best taste. You'd think he was the first person ever to do something stupid.

But he is still a Reading player and this saga is over for the time being at least. As a result, I will support him as a Reading player and part of our team. I do not support particular players.

This season is going to be tough enough as it is and I really don't see the point of continuing having a go at a player who will be busting a gut to prove that his team (and him) are worthy of a place in the Premiership.

If you cannot do that then it is indeed you that needs to get over yourself.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 10 Aug 2006 12:37

As I've said before, I will not be giving Sidwell abuse on the pitch and I hope that will be the case with all fans.

However, your view that we should take on the chin everything the player has said for the good of the club is totally unrealistic.

Furthermore, I will be surprised if Mr Mad and his underlings are not, as we speak, looking for a way to off-load Sidwell PDQ .

If this situation hasn't reached the point of no return it's certainly on the brink and, as some fans have observed. if Sidwell no longer wants to be here, the money in the bank will be of far more use than a decent player who wants away.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 Aug 2006 12:42

Woodcote Royal As I've said before, I will not be giving Sidwell abuse on the pitch and I hope that will be the case with all fans.

However, your view that we should take on the chin everything the player has said for the good of the club is totally unrealistic.

Furthermore, I will be surprised if Mr Mad and his underlings are not, as we speak, looking for a way to off-load Sidwell PDQ .

If this situation hasn't reached the point of no return it's certainly on the brink and, as some fans have observed. if Sidwell no longer wants to be here, the money in the bank will be of far more use than a decent player who wants away.

WHEN THE FCUK HAS SIDWELL SAID HE DOESN'T WANT TO BE HERE!

ARGHH!!!

midlandadie

by midlandadie » 10 Aug 2006 12:43

we all hate the fact that he hasnt signed a new deal but at the end of the day aslong as he puts 110% in for us thats all that matters! if he is putting himself in the shop window this season for a new club he is gonna have to play really well for us which is one positive from this situation.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 10 Aug 2006 12:44

Ian Royal
Woodcote Royal As I've said before, I will not be giving Sidwell abuse on the pitch and I hope that will be the case with all fans.

ARGHH!!!

Let know when you return to planet Earth and buy a newspaper.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 10 Aug 2006 12:55

Woodcote, I have not read a quote in any newspaper or any online article attributed to Sidwell that says "I want to leave Reading".

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 Aug 2006 12:57

Woodcote Royal
Ian Royal

ARGHH!!!

Let know when you return to planet Earth and buy a newspaper.

sure, let me know when you remove your head from your arse.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 Aug 2006 13:02

warrpp when has he said he wants to leave ?

how about when he said hes already been and had a look round man city's ground, and the fact he's met charltons representatives and discussed what terms would be on offer.

when both met the £2m clause that allow them to speak to him, he could easily turn round and say " i'm not interested in speaking to them"

the fact that hes met with representatives of both clubs tell you that he cant wait to get away if any club meetes rfc's asking price.

absolute Tosh.

Since when does checking out your options when your negotiating a new ontract count as saying you want to leave?! the only thing Sidwell has said in terms of his future at Reading is that he wants to stay here. Unfortunately he also need to take into account where his best deal will come from and right now taht isn't here.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 10 Aug 2006 13:06

I think we should start the first game with a loud chant of:

Super, super steve.....

Show him we want him to stay, give him some support, push him on. Any boos or stupid comments towards him will (like any human) put them off.

Think it would also help the team as I'm sure these kinds of things affect them a lot. Keep all booing down and support each and every member.

dogmark01

by dogmark01 » 10 Aug 2006 13:18

to be honest he is a hungry young footballer who thinks he can play at the highest level

if half way through the season it looks like we will stay up he will sign

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 10 Aug 2006 14:42

Ian Royal
warrpp when has he said he wants to leave ?

how about when he said hes already been and had a look round man city's ground, and the fact he's met charltons representatives and discussed what terms would be on offer.

when both met the £2m clause that allow them to speak to him, he could easily turn round and say " i'm not interested in speaking to them"

the fact that hes met with representatives of both clubs tell you that he cant wait to get away if any club meetes rfc's asking price.

absolute Tosh.

Since when does checking out your options when your negotiating a new ontract count as saying you want to leave?! the only thing Sidwell has said in terms of his future at Reading is that he wants to stay here. Unfortunately he also need to take into account where his best deal will come from and right now taht isn't here.

So, Sidwell's agent hasn't said that the player wants to play for an established Premiership side?

Sidwell can't divorce himself from comments made by those he pays to handle his affairs....................and your take on this whole business is one I would expect from someone who came down with the last shower.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 Aug 2006 14:53

Sidwell has always said he wants to play in the premiership, I'm personally surprised he has stayed with us as long as he did.

Where does his agent say that that club isn't Reading FC? Sidwell maybe responsible for the behaviour of his agent, but he doesn't have control over everything he says. you are making a mountain out of a molehill

your take on this is something I would expect from a blinkered reactionary idiot if you want to take it to that level.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 10 Aug 2006 14:54

imo, for what it's worth, Sidwell pays his agent to "speak" for him. The agent should not be saying ANYTHING at all that Sidwell doesn't want him to say.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 10 Aug 2006 14:58

dogmark01 to be honest he is a hungry young footballer who thinks he can play at the highest level

My thoughts exactly.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 Aug 2006 14:58

Royal Lady imo, for what it's worth, Sidwell pays his agent to "speak" for him. The agent should not be saying ANYTHING at all that Sidwell doesn't want him to say.

we all know that agents only look after their players interests and not try and look out for themselves as much as possible don't we. Players shouldn't need agents, unfortuanetly the system we have is flawed and stupid.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 Aug 2006 14:59

Mr Angry
dogmark01 to be honest he is a hungry young footballer who thinks he can play at the highest level

My thoughts exactly.

I'm with you, as usual on this Mr Angry.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 10 Aug 2006 14:59

Woodcote Royal I will not be giving Sidwell abuse on the pitch

I'll remind you of this sentence should you not keep to it....

:wink:

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 10 Aug 2006 15:04

79Royal I don't agree. If we let him go now, we'll have the readies available to buy someone else. Let him go in the summer for nothing and then what? No money and no player.

I thought that one of the reasons why Coppell was so opposed to selling Sidwell was that Arsenal had imposed a large sell-on clause when we bought him. So, we lose Sidwell yet don't have the readies to replace him.