Reading FC on U.S. TV: check here for updates

630 posts
seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

Thanks!

by seahawk10 » 19 Feb 2007 20:39

Great information! Thanks for taking the time to track this down and post it week in and week out.

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular

Here it is....

by seahawk10 » 22 Feb 2007 22:53

Had a hard time finding this thread. Just had to find it to make sure I am ready for tomorrow's match.

So the game is at 15:00 UK which is 4:00AM ET Live? I don't have Setenta, so I will likely look to catch it live via P2P on the computer.

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 22 Feb 2007 22:56

No worries --full update to be posted before CSI airs in the States tonite. Setanta has been and remains woefully slow off the mark in posting listings thru Arsenal away on Saturday week, but I'll chuck everything I know in here.

Oh, and the next match isn't till Saturday at 7:00 AM on the West Coast --you've got twenty-four hours' reprieve!

Don't you have a football pub that's Setanta-subscribed and open for bidness for early games?

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular

Whoops...

by seahawk10 » 22 Feb 2007 22:59

Oops! This is what happens when you try to get by on four hours sleep a night with a new baby. I was already planning to be up at 1am PT tonight kicking my feet up, feeding the little one and watching some footy.

Do I have the time translation right? E.T. = UK - 8 hours? So PT = UK - 11 hours? At least until daylight savings time anyway.

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular

by seahawk10 » 22 Feb 2007 23:03

RoyalChicagoFC Don't you have a football pub that's Setanta-subscribed and open for bidness for early games?

I live about an hour east of Los Angeles. The best football pubs are in Santa Monica, which is even further away from me. I don't mind watching on the computer, although I love it when I can see a game on the big screen. I may have to have a look around again to see what else is around me. Or call my cable company and give them some stick for not carrying Setanta.

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 22 Feb 2007 23:04

seahawk10 Do I have the time translation right? E.T. = UK - 8 hours? So PT = UK - 11 hours? At least until daylight savings time anyway.

Not even close!

New York is 5 hours behind; West Coast is 3 hours behind that; West Coast is 8 hours behind the UK --one full third of the globe, wouldja believe?

We're also going to Daylight Saving Time over here two weeks before they do this year (instead of a week after, as it has been). With customary thoroughness, I'll advise all concerned to move their clocks forward in this space when appropriate and note odd kickoff times accordingly. Oh, and check Club Policies re: your shirt purchase.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 22 Feb 2007 23:08

Out of interest gents, any rumours on the Royals coming over pre-season?

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular

by seahawk10 » 22 Feb 2007 23:14

RoyalChicagoFC
seahawk10 Do I have the time translation right? E.T. = UK - 8 hours? So PT = UK - 11 hours? At least until daylight savings time anyway.

Not even close!

New York is 5 hours behind; West Coast is 3 hours behind that; West Coast is 8 hours behind the UK --one full third of the globe, wouldja believe?

Oh, and check Club Policies re: your shirt purchase.

Good stuff! No wonder I have missed a few games and had to catch them on replay. Thank god I found this forum, knowledge is power. :twisted:

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 22 Feb 2007 23:16

Huntley & Palmer Out of interest gents, any rumours on the Royals coming over pre-season?

None, aside of course from those initiated and fomented by...ME!

I'll keep you posted. :wink:

seahawk10 I live about an hour east of Los Angeles

Having lived in Los Angeles myself, "an hour east" could mean Ontario...or it could mean Monterey Park, depending on what time one lays oneself before the tender mercies of I-10.

In any case, crank your ZIP Code thru this link and also have a butcher's at this --perhaps you'll find that there's one closer by that you never knew about.

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular

by seahawk10 » 22 Feb 2007 23:23

RoyalChicagoFC
Huntley & Palmer Out of interest gents, any rumours on the Royals coming over pre-season?

None, aside of course from those initiated and fomented by...ME!

I'll keep you posted. :wink:

seahawk10 I live about an hour east of Los Angeles

Having lived in Los Angeles myself, "an hour east" could mean Ontario...or it could mean Monterey Park, depending on what time one lays oneself before the tender mercies of I-10.

In any case, crank your ZIP Code thru this link and also have a butcher's at this --perhaps you'll find that there's one closer by that you never knew about.

Ontario is close. I am in Rancho Cucamonga. I'll have a look at that site.
Ok, just checked. Cock and Bull in Santa Monica is the one I have been to before. But the other site also had one in Pasadena (about a half hour away) and Fullerton (also a half hour but in a different direction). So I will be checking out Lucky Baldwin's and Branagan's one of these days. Thanks again!

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 23 Feb 2007 00:35

And so, here's what's known about Boro away and United next Tuesday...

Tidying up last Saturday's Cup tie at Old Trafford
A 30-minute FA Cup Fifth Round Highlights Show airs from 9:30 PM Friday and from 5:00 PM Saturday afternoon the 24th (times Eastern and on FSC; listings subject to change)

Next up in the League --your close and careful attention, please
Middlesbrough (A) Saturday 24th February: Okay...Villa-Arsenal was the original selection for Setanta Xtra on this date. However, with Arsenal committed to the League Cup final on Sunday, it's obvious that this is no longer operative

However, Setanta's listings have been and remain in a mess. It would appear that the Boro match is scheduled to air LIVE on Setanta Xtra (DirecTV Channel 670) from 10:00 AM Eastern

It also remains scheduled to air from the top of the hour immediately after it ends --noon Eastern time-- on Setanta Sports Channel (DirecTV Channel 615)

This is also a pub game for most, so my recommendation would be to show up at the pub for the live kickoff, and, at worst, it won't be on but will air first-time right after the match ends, if that makes sense

In any event, Setanta is set to air the match again in full from midnight Eastern time Saturday/Sunday (9:00 PM Saturday on the West Coast). Extended match highlights are set to air on the Premier League Review Show airing first-time on FSC from 8:00 PM Eastern on Sunday the 25th and again from 5:00 AM and 6:00 PM on Monday; from 1:00 PM Wednesday; and from 5:00 AM Thursday (times Eastern and on FSC)

FA Cup Fifth Round Replay
Manchester United (H) Tuesday 27th February: Set to air LIVE on FSC and on Fox Sports World Canada from 3:00 PM Eastern. Repeats on FSC same-day in the States from 11:00 PM Eastern and again on Friday 2nd March from 2:00 PM Eastern

For a look farther ahead, please see first post in this thread. If there are late changes to Saturday's schedule, I'll report them here

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 25 Feb 2007 19:07

FA Cup Fifth Round Replay
Manchester United (H) FA Cup Fifth Round Replay Tuesday 27th February: Airs LIVE on FSC and on Fox Sports World Canada from 3:00 PM Eastern. Repeats on FSC same-day in the States from 11:00 PM Eastern and again on Friday 2nd March from 2:00 PM Eastern

Boro highlights
Middlesbrough (A) Saturday 24th February: Extended match highlights are set to air on the Premier League Review Show airing first-time on FSC from 8:00 PM Eastern on Sunday the 25th and again from 5:00 AM and 6:00 PM on Monday; from 1:00 PM Wednesday; and from 5:00 AM Thursday (times Eastern and on FSC)

Next Saturday
Arsenal (A) Saturday 3rd March: Airs LIVE on Setanta from 10:00 AM Eastern and repeats same-day from 7:30 PM Eastern, also on Setanta

The ArsenalTV feed of the match is scheduled to air on GolTV in both the U.S. and Canada from 4:00 PM Eastern on Monday 5th March. Scheduled as a three-hour telecast, I don't really know what they plan to do with that extra hour or in what portion of the telecast it will appear --but there ya go

Match highlights set to air first-time on Premier League Review Show on FSC from 8:00 PM Eastern on Sunday and again from 5:00 AM on Monday, with additional airtimes to be announced

Looking ahead
Portsmouth (H) Saturday 17th March: Don't know anything yet, but will know more by Monday 5th March

Please note that by this date the U.S. will have switched to Daylight Saving Time, but the UK will not --which means that this 3:00 kickoff will go from 11:00 AM Eastern, 10:00 Central, 9:00 Mountain and 8:00 Pacific (in other words, subtract one hour less than normal when doing the UK/US time conversion)

Tottenham Hotspur (A) Sunday 1st April: As a Sunday stand-alone late fixture, it most likely will air LIVE on FSC from 11:00 AM Eastern, but this is unconfirmed and likely will remain so for some while (and the UK will be on Summer Time by then, so normal UK/US time conversion calculations will apply on the day)

RFC U.S. match exposure scorecard*
Fox Soccer Channel/LIVE: 8 of 29
Fox Soccer Channel/Same-day delay: 4 of 29
Setanta Sports Channel-Setanta XTra/LIVE: 9 of 29
Setanta Sports Channel/Same-day delay: 2 of 29
No U.S. TV: 6 of 29

*League matches only; thru Match #29 away to Arsenal, based on posted schedules

Royal Yank
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: A dry county in North Carolina... but close to the county line. WooHoo!

by Royal Yank » 25 Feb 2007 23:23

RoyalChicagoFC FA Cup Fifth Round Replay
Manchester United (H) FA Cup Fifth Round Replay Tuesday 27th February: Airs LIVE on FSC and on Fox Sports World Canada from 3:00 PM Eastern.

'tis also live on Fox Sports en Esapanol for our Ecuadorian supporters based in the US. DirecTV channel 425.

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 01 Mar 2007 16:21

Next up
Arsenal (A) Saturday 3rd March: Airs LIVE on Setanta from 10:00 AM Eastern and repeats just once, same-day from 7:30 PM Eastern and also on Setanta

The ArsenalTV feed of the match is scheduled to air on GolTV in both the U.S. and Canada from 4:00 PM Eastern on Monday 5th March. It's a three-hour time block for that, and I know not how the additional hour will be filled, but that's what's on the schedule

Extended match highlights set to air first-time on Premier League Review Show on FSC from 8:00 PM Eastern on Sunday and again from 5:00 AM and 6:00 PM on Monday; from 8:00 PM on Wednesday; from 5:00 AM on Thursday; and from 3:00 PM on Friday (times Eastern and on FSC)

FA Cup Fifth Round Replay --one last time
Manchester United (H) FA Cup Fifth Round Replay from Tuesday 27th February: Repeats in full on Friday 2nd March from 2:00 PM Eastern on FSC

Down Memory Lane --with a Coppell twist
This Sunday 4th March from 11:00 PM Eastern, FSC will show the 1990 FA Cup Final between Crystal Palace and Man Utd

The Pompey match on 17th March will air live on FSC from 11:00 AM Eastern. For details and a look farther ahead, please see first post in this thread

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular

by seahawk10 » 01 Mar 2007 22:57

Thanks again for this information and about the daylight savings adjustment!

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 09 Mar 2007 22:10

FSC have posted partial listings for April, and the Tottenham (A) and Liverpool (H) matches are confirmed as live telecasts in the States from 11:00 AM Eastern on Sunday the 1st and 10:00 AM Eastern on Saturday the 7th, respectively.

Portsmouth (H) on Saturday 17th March remains set to air live from 11:00 AM Eastern on FSC. Kickoff for that one arrives an hour later than normal over this side due to the early switch to Daylight Saving Time during the night of 10th/11th March over the coming weekend.

Also, Charlton (A) on Easter Monday 9th April is set to go from 2:00 PM Eastern and may air live on FSC, but this is unconfirmed.

I'll bump this up next week but wanted to put the early word out for those who may have been waiting for confirmation of Tottenham and Liverpool telecasts. For details of what is now known, please see first post in this thread.

U.S. TV first-time match exposure scorecard thru match #32 at home to Liverpool, based on posted schedules (League matches only):
Live on FSC: 11 of 32
Live on Setanta: 9 of 32
Same-day delay on FSC: 4 of 32
Same-day delay on Setanta: 2 of 32
No U.S. TV: 6 of 32

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 14 Mar 2007 12:56

Time conversion advisory; NCAA hoops bracket challenge; Pompey repeat airtimes changed; U-21s @ Wembley

U.S. & Canada now on summer time; UK/EU are not
When calculating US/UK time differences from this side, allow one hour less than normal (i.e., New York now is 4 hours (not 5) behind London, Chicago 5 hours, Denver 6 hours and CaLOLifornia 7). Things return to normal on the morning of Sunday 25th March

Next up --note changes of repeat airtimes
Portsmouth (H) Saturday 17th March: Airs LIVE from 11:00 AM Eastern on FSC in the States and on Rogers Sports Net in Canada. Again, this is one hour later than normal over this side

The match will re-air on FSC same-day from 6:00 PM Eastern and again from 2:00 AM Eastern on Sunday the 18th (11:00 PM Saturday on the West Coast). These represent changes from previously announced re-air times (and likely for the better), as the times have been moved up by two hours in both instances. The match will repeat in full just once more, from 3:00 PM Eastern on Monday on FSC, due to FA Cup Sixth Round Replays

Extended match highlights scheduled to air on Premier League Review Show first-time on FSC from 8:30 PM Eastern on Sunday 18th March --one half-hour later than usual. Additional Review Show screenings from 5:00 AM on Monday; from 8:00 PM Wednesday; from 5:00 AM Thursday; and from 4:00 AM and 3:00 PM Friday (times Eastern and on FSC)

Shameless bit synergistic cross-promotion --HNA? Bracket Challenge
Those who browse these TV updates are invited to join the HNA? NCAA Men's Basketball Championship Tournament Bracket Challenge at Yahoo. Click here for the how-to, sign up and fill out a bracket before 12:20 PM Eastern U.S. on Thursday (4:20 PM Madejski local time) for a chance at full Hob Nob braggin' rights!

Leroy Watch: England U-21s in Wembley Jr. curtain-raiser
England U-21s v. Italy U-21s international friendly on Saturday 24th March airs LIVE on FSC from 8:30 AM Eastern and repeats at 11:00 PM Eastern same-day. First look at the new Wembley at last!

After that
With normal time conversions back in effect, Tottenham (A) on Sunday 1st April is scheduled to air LIVE on FSC from 11:00 AM Eastern, and Liverpool (H) is set for LIVE telecast on FSC from 10:00 AM Eastern on Saturday 7th April.

Charlton (A) has been moved by Sky to an 8:00 PM (UK) stand-alone kickoff on Easter Monday 9th April, which means that it's a good bet to air live in the States from 3:00 PM Eastern on FSC --but this is unconfirmed at present

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 22 Mar 2007 13:41

England Under-21s v. Italy Under-21s in Saturday's Wembley curtain-raiser
With a nod to the fact that this may lie somewhere on the unholy border between Meeting Up and General Football, I would consider myself remiss nonetheless if I didn't try to make it known in this thread that the Wembley Jr. curtain-raiser will air LIVE on FSC as the England Under-21s and RFC's very own Leroy Lita take on their counterparts from Italy in a friendly that airs from 8:30 AM Eastern this Saturday 24th March

That's a rather inconvenient 5:30 AM kickoff on the West Coast, but the match also will be screened on a delayed, same-day basis from 11:00 PM Eastern time (8:00 PM Pacific) on FSC. North of the border, the match will air LIVE on FSW/Canada

Pompey highlights --last call
Last weeks Premier League Review Show airs twice more, from 4:00 AM and 3:00 PM Friday, on FSC (times Eastern)

UK/EU return to Summer Time overnight Saturday/Sunday
...after which normal time conversions between overseas and North America resume

Tottenham next
As announced previously, Tottenham Hotspur (A) on Sunday 1st April is scheduled to air LIVE on FSC in the States and on FSW/Canada from 11:00 AM Eastern. It will re-air in full on FSC from 2:00 AM Eastern on Monday morning (11:00 PM on the West Coast), with additional screenings during the following week possible but not yet announced

Also to repeat, Liverpool (H) airs LIVE on FSC from 10:00 AM Eastern on Saturday 7th April, with additional screenings to be announced. Please see first post in this thread if interested in an incomplete look ahead thru the end of April

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 22 Mar 2007 14:08

Anyone know anything about the Blackburn game away from home on the final day of the season?

I will be in Los Angeles on that day and I was wondering if the game will be shown in the US and where would be a good place to watch the match without having to go through South Central LA and risk getting gunned down!

I am hoping to watch the match in a safe soccer bar in LA. Any advice out there from my US buddies? (Please advise me of a venue where I won't get shot! Getting shot is my only concern)

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 22 Mar 2007 14:27

Top Flight Anyone know anything about the Blackburn game away from home on the final day of the season?

Not yet, and any news before the tail-end of April would come as a welcome surprise.

Watch this space for timely news, and if it's on TV, we'll find you a venue that likely will require you to hit the road --but I've lived out there, and we'll steer you well clear of any slow cruises on surface streets thru South Central, Watts or EezDelAy.

Oh, and that'll be a 7:00 AM kickoff.

630 posts