Reading FC on U.S. TV: check here for updates

630 posts
Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 18 Apr 2007 12:28

Keep up the good work Royal Chicago!!!

Looking forward to learning the US schedules for our away trip to Blackburn on the final day!

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 18 Apr 2007 17:10

Champions League/UEFA Cup semifinals
As a courtesy to our international visitors, it's worth mentioning that live and near-live Champions League and UEFA Cup fare is screening in the States next week and thereafter. ESPN2 will screen the two Champions League semifinal first legs live, and FSC will screen one UEFA Cup semi first leg live and the other on the hour immediately following. Check local listings for precise details or PM me at your own periLOL

Tidying up
Fulham (H) Saturday 14th April: Extended highlights scheduled to air once more on Premier League Review Show on FSC 4:00 AM Eastern on Friday

Next up
Bolton (A) Saturday 21st April: Screening first-time on a same-day DELAYED basis on FSC from 2:15 PM Eastern (FSC listings say 2:30; I'd be parked in front of a TV at a quarter past nevertheless). Match is scheduled to repeat in full on FSC from 4:00 AM Eastern on Sunday and again from 3:00 PM Eastern on Wednesday the 25th

In Canada, the match also airs on DELAY but from 5:00 Eastern on FSW

Extended highlights scheduled to air on Premier League Review Show first-time on FSC from 8:00 PM Eastern on Sunday the 22nd and to repeat from 5:00 AM and 6:00 PM on Monday and from 3:30 and 5:00 AM on Thursday (times Eastern, on FSC, and all listings subject to change)

After that
Newcastle (H) Monday 30th April: Confirmed as a LIVE screening on FSC from 3:00 PM Eastern, and likely to be repeated during the evening; additional details to be posted as they are made known. Also scheduled to screen live in Canada on FSW

Top Flight Looking forward to learning the US schedules for our away trip to Blackburn on the final day!

Nothing known yet, and I reckon that Setanta and FSC won't be divvying up the programming pie for the final day until after the preceding weekend sets up the full menu of who-can-do-what scenarios for the last day --and then they probably won't bother to announce anything until a few days later, after which I wouldn't put surprise, last-minute schedule changes past them :roll: lol

I invite you and all others to have a look at the first post in this thread for a more detailed explanation of the fact that we just don't know yet, and I remind all that the latest, most up-to-date news is always to be found right there in the thread-starter anytime one checks this thread for an update.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 19 Apr 2007 17:46

Cool, I thank thee........ I will keep a close eye on the very first post then!

But all the same, keep up the bloody good work. You are an invaluable member of the Nobbers community!

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 30 Apr 2007 18:36

Better not say that too loud around here (although 20,000 page views* don't lie)... :wink:

Champions League (on ESPN2) and UEFA Cup (on FSC); Watford a no; Blackburn maybe...

Champions League/UEFA Cup semifinals
As a courtesy to our international visitors, it's worth mentioning that live and near-live Champions League and UEFA Cup fare is screening in the States this week. ESPN2 will screen the two Champions League semifinal second legs live, and FSC will screen one UEFA Cup semi second leg live and the other on the hour immediately following. Check local listings for precise details or PM me at your own periLOL

Tidying up
Newcastle (H) Monday 30th April: No additional screenings scheduled. As for match highlights, the Premier League Review Show screens from midnight Eastern on Wednesday/Thursday (9:00 PM Wednesday on the West Coast); from 5:00 AM on Thursday; and 4:00 AM on Friday. However, with our game going on Monday, and with this show being packaged up across the sea in time for U.S. broadcast the nite before, I have no idea as to whether or not highlights of our Monday match will be retrofitted into the program; I'll keep an eye on it, but we very well could be doing without extended highlights for this one, folks

Next up
Watford (H) Saturday 5th May: Not scheduled to screen in North America --the first time I've reported sad news of the kind since Blunts at home on 20th January. Of the 3:00 PM (UK) kickoffs scheduled for 5th May, the following will air in the States: West Ham-Bolton (FSC/live); Fulham-L'pool (Setanta/live); Toon-Blackburn (Setanta Xtra/live); Everton-Pompey (FSC/same-day delay)

Extended match highlights scheduled to air nonetheless on the Premier League Review Show screening first-time on Sunday 6th May from 8:00 PM Eastern on FSC and again from 5:00 AM Eastern on Monday, with additional screenings during the following week to be announced

...and finally
Blackburn (A) Sunday 13th May: Nothing known, aside from the fact that Setanta will air two matches live, and perhaps one or more on delay; also, FSC will air one match live and, beginning immediately thereafter, two others in succession (that makes a known minimum of five same-day telecasts in the U.S. on the last day)

Much will depend on what remains at stake up and down the league on that final day and whether or not domestic platforms possess the wisdom to choose accordingly. With that said, I surmise that decisions may not be made until the very week before, so stay tuned, and I'll post whatever I learn as soon as I learn it. Extended match highlights will air on the Premier League Review Show on FSC that evening and throughout the following week; listings to be posted as the date nears

This is all that we know for now, so that'll do 'er. Always check the first post in this thread for the very latest updates.

*Probably 500 or so of those being my own, but then, I have no choice but to view the thread twice every time I update

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 03 May 2007 16:59

RoyalChicagoFC Next up
Watford (H) Saturday 5th May: Not scheduled to screen in North America. Of the 3:00 PM (UK) kickoffs scheduled for 5th May, the following will air in the States: West Ham-Bolton (FSC/live); Fulham-L'pool (Setanta/live); Toon-Blackburn (Setanta Xtra/live); Everton-Pompey (FSC/same-day delay)

RoyalChicago, can you verify the time for me for Saturday's match in PT?
I am going to tune in via sopcast. 3:00pm UK would be 7am PT right? I am a liitle confused by the Daylight Savings/Summer Time thing. I admit to being a little spoiled with all the matches shown on FSC lately. Will have to get used to the small screen for Saturday.

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 03 May 2007 21:28

seahawk10
RoyalChicagoFC Watford (H) Saturday 5th May: Not scheduled to screen in North America. Of the 3:00 PM (UK) kickoff

Can you verify the time for me for Saturday's match in PT?
I am going to tune in via sopcast. 3:00pm UK would be 7am PT right?

Correctamundo, Cunningham.

You're 8 (eight) hours behind, and we're all on summer time (a/k/a dayLOLight saving time or whatever one cares to call it). If one is in Los Angeles on Saturday, the Watford match kicks off @ 7:00 AM local time.

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular

by seahawk10 » 03 May 2007 21:47

RoyalChicagoFC
seahawk10
RoyalChicagoFC Watford (H) Saturday 5th May: Not scheduled to screen in North America. Of the 3:00 PM (UK) kickoff

Can you verify the time for me for Saturday's match in PT?
I am going to tune in via sopcast. 3:00pm UK would be 7am PT right?

Correctamundo, Cunningham.

You're 8 (eight) hours behind, and we're all on summer time (a/k/a dayLOLight saving time or whatever one cares to call it). If one is in Los Angeles on Saturday, the Watford match kicks off @ 7:00 AM local time.

Much obliged as usual! It's getting too late in the season to miss a game. Before I added FSC I watched almost exclusively on sopcast. If you get a bad stream it sucks, but better than nothing. I blame Watford, if they had a bigger name then it would be on tv! :)

X210

by X210 » 03 May 2007 22:24

Hi im visiting LA for two weeks after watching the watford game at mad stad saturday,do no venues show live football in LA region and if not what tv channels do you recpmmend?

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 03 May 2007 23:02

X210 Hi im visiting LA for two weeks after watching the watford game at mad stad saturday,do no venues show live football in LA region and if not what tv channels do you recpmmend?

U.S. platforms haven't made programming choices for the final day and likely will not until we know what's going to be at stake (title, UEFA places, relegation); a clearer picture of their intentions should emerge by next Monday or Tuesday, and I'll post details immediately. We've basically got a 50/50 chance of the game screening here, which only improves if Blackburn away has UEFA Cup implications for both.

Greater Los Angeles is absolutely enormous, so the more information that you could provide with regard to (roughly) where you'll be staying, and whether or not you'll have a car at your disposal, the better. Here's a list of venues subscribed to Setanta Sports Channel in the vicinity of Hollywood.

If you know the ZIP (post) Code of where you'll be staying, then you can run it thru this venue finder for Setanta-subscribed places (football pubs, in other words) that are located in and near that ZIP Code (choose "Setanta Sports Channel" for Step 2, and enter the ZIP for Step 3, then click Search.

If the Blackburn match does in fact screen in the States --and it may be on either live or on a same-day delayed basis if it screens at all-- we'll find you a place. Depending on what channel it's on, you may not have to get out of bed in order to watch.

Again, keep your eyes right here, and if there's anything that you need to be walked thru, just PM me and we'll work something up. Also, there may be a meet-up in Studio City (just over the hill from Hollywood) --scroll up in this thread for discussion of 23rd March. Don't hesitate to follow up with this --we're right here for ya.

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular

by seahawk10 » 03 May 2007 23:20

X210 Hi im visiting LA for two weeks after watching the watford game at mad stad saturday,do no venues show live football in LA region and if not what tv channels do you recpmmend?

We are keeping our fingers crossed that the game will be on live here:

http://www.thefoxandhounds.com/sports.html

If it is, Top Flight (on vacation also) and myself (local) will be meeting there to watch it bright and early. We should know by Monday if the game will be on TV. (Perhaps sooner). RoyalChicagoFC posts the information as soon as he gets it!

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 03 May 2007 23:35

Yep, I'm looking forward to it........

I'm flying into LA on Tuesday for 2 weeks.

Fingers crossed that it'll be shown.

X210

by X210 » 04 May 2007 08:15

Many thanks Seahawk10 and RoyalChicagoFC looks like il be in san diego on the sunday 13th but just used the setanta venue finder and found several venues worth checking out (Not sure if girlfriend will be too pleased but haho got to get my football fix).

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 04 May 2007 13:49

X210 looks like il be in san diego on the sunday 13th but just used the setanta venue finder and found several venues worth checking out (Not sure if girlfriend will be too pleased but haho got to get my football fix).

Deffo try to contact a few of 'em in advance would be my suggestion --email from over across, or phone up once you're on the ground. Have no compunctions about making a pest of yourself; they're in business to make money, and they should expect inquiries of the kind

Kickoff falls at 7:00 AM local time, so early to rise. It's worth repeating that the match may screen on a delayed basis if it doesn't screen live, so there's a possibility of something of a reprieve (although you'd much rather see it as and when it happens --wouldn't you).

Again, watch this space for listings once the domestic platforms choose and announce. If while here you can get online with some degree of ease from time to time, then so much the better. I bid ye thoroughly safe and enjoyable travels and, along the way, one of those precious "I can't believe I'm sitting in a bar in America, watching Reading" moments that others before you --plus many more to follow and generations yet unborn-- have had and will have the experience of savoring.

Reminder to all others: Watford (H) will not screen in the States, but extended match highlights will screen on the Premier League Review Show on FSC first-time from 8:00 PM Eastern on Sunday and again from 5:00 AM and 6:00 PM on Monday; from 8:00 PM and 11:00 PM on Wednesday; from 5:00 AM on Thursday; and from 4:00 AM and 3:00 PM on Friday (all times Eastern and on FSC, with listings subject to change)

Just checked all listings providers for the final day and, as expected, got diddlysquat :roll:

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 08 May 2007 00:37

Blackburn on DELAY from 12:30 PM Eastern (about half an hour after it goes final) --announced within the last 15 minutes...

Tidying up
Watford (H) Saturday 5th May: Extended match highlights on the Premier League Review Show screening from 8:00 PM and 11:00 PM on Wednesday; from 5:00 AM on Thursday; and from 4:00 AM and 3:00 PM on Friday --all times Eastern and on FSC

...and finally
Blackburn (A) Sunday 13th May: Within the last fifteen minutes, FSC announced that this one is scheduled to screen in the States on a same-day DELAYED basis from 12:30 PM Eastern (9:30 AM on the West Coast); additional details, including repeat screenings and listings for the weekly preview and highlights shows, to follow...

**Please see first post in this thread for the most up to date information, and feel free to contact me with questions

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 10 May 2007 23:29

Okay, first: here's how it looks for the final day from an RFC perspective...

Blackburn (A) on Sunday 13th May screens first-time on a same-day DELAYED basis from 12:30 PM Eastern on FSC. It also screens at that time in Canada on FSW and later in the afternoon on Fox Sports en Español from 5:10 PM Eastern

The match is scheduled to repeat on FSC from 2:00 AM Eastern on Monday (11:00 PM Sunday on the West Coast) and once more on Tuesday from 5:00 PM EDT

The weekly Premier League Review Show screens first-time from 9:00 PM Eastern (an hour later than usual) on Sunday, and it repeats from 5:00 AM on Monday; from 1:30 PM on Wednesday (leading into the UEFA Cup Final on FSC); and from 2:00 AM, 5:00 AM and 1:00 PM EDT on Thursday (all times Eastern, on FSC and subject to change with precious little notice)

Now, then --the menu in full

FINAL DAY U.S. TV SCHEDULE (all times Eastern U.S.; pay heed to channel designations)
7:00 AM Setanta Sports Channel: CCC Playoff semi first leg Wolves v. West Brom LIVE
9:00 AM Fox Soccer Channel: Weekly Prem Preview Show
9:30 AM Fox Soccer Channel: "Super Sunday Premiership Preview" Show from FSC in L.A.
9:30 AM Setanta Sports Channel: Prem Preview Show (description not available)
10:00 AM Fox Soccer Channel: Man Utd v. West Ham LIVE (also LIVE over Rogers Sportsnet in Canada)
10:00 AM Setanta Sports Channel: Pompey v. Arsenal LIVE (originally listed as Man City v. Tottenham)
10:00 AM Setanta Sports Xtra: Wigan v. Sheff Utd LIVE
12:30 PM Fox Soccer Channel: Blackburn v. Reading DELAYED (also screens on FSW Canada at that time)
12:30 PM Setanta Sports Channel: CCL1 Playoff semi first leg Oldham v. Blackpool LIVE
2:30 PM Fox Soccer Channel: Chelsea v. Everton DELAYED
3:00 PM Setanta Sports Channel: Wigan v. Sheff Utd REPEATS
4:45 PM Setanta Sports Channel: Bolton v. Villa DELAYED
5:10 PM Fox Sports en Español: Blackburn v. Reading DELAYED
6:30 PM Fox Soccer Channel: Man Utd v. West Ham REPEATS
6:30 PM Setanta Sports Channel: Pompey v. Arsenal REPEATS
8:15 PM Setanta Sports Channel: Premier League Review Show (first-time)
9:00 PM Fox Soccer Channel: Premier League Review Show (first-time)
9:15 PM Setanta Sports Channel: CCC Playoff semi first leg Wolves v. West Brom REPEATS
2:00 AM (Monday) Fox Soccer Channel: Blackburn v. Reading REPEATS, and again once more on Tuesday from 5:00 PM Eastern on FSC

I'll post a reminder next week, but in any case the Premier League Season Review Show screens first-time on FSC from 5:00 PM Eastern next Saturday the 19th, and it repeats from midnight Saturday/Sunday the 19th/20th (9:00 PM Saturday on the West Coast) and again from 8:30 PM Eastern on Sunday

The Premier League Goals of the Season Show screens first-time on FSC from 6:00 PM EDT Saturday the 19th and repeats from 5:00 AM Sunday, with additional screenings during the following week to be announced

Questions or anything else in the meantime, let me know

Royal Yank
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: A dry county in North Carolina... but close to the county line. WooHoo!

Re: Reading FC on U.S. TV: Blackburn (A) same-day DELAY on F

by Royal Yank » 10 May 2007 23:42

From the first post on the thread:

RoyalChicagoFC
Last edited by RoyalChicagoFC on 10 May 2007 18:00; edited 93 times in total

Just wondering if 93 edits is some kind of record!

As we approach the last game of the season, I would like to pass on my thanks for maintaining this thread for the whole season - certainly appreciated by me.

Cheers!

BillBrasky

by BillBrasky » 11 May 2007 00:19

I wish I had Setanta, I'd love to see the CCC playoffs! Too bad it's only on Directv.

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 13 May 2007 21:50

See it again; see it for the first time...
Blackburn (A) Sunday 13th May: The match has screened once in the U.S. and Canada, and it will screen again same-day with Spanish commentary on Fox Sports en Español from 5:10 PM Eastern

The match is scheduled to repeat in full in the U.S. on FSC from 2:00 AM Eastern on Monday the 14th (11:00 PM tonite on the West Coast), with one additional screening scheduled for Tuesday the 15th from 5:00 PM Eastern

Match highlights are scheduled to screen on the Premier League Review Show first-time on FSC from 9:00 PM Eastern on Sunday the 13th ("tonite," and one hour later than normal), with additional screenings from 5:00 AM on Monday; from 1:30 PM on Wednesday (leads directly into UEFA Cup Final on FSC); and from 2:00 AM, 5:00 AM and 1:00 PM on Thursday (all times Eastern U.S. all screenings on FSC --and all listings subject to change)

BillBrasky I wish I had Setanta, I'd love to see the CCC playoffs! Too bad it's only on Directv.

I think it's on a couple of other satellite platforms, Guillermo, although DishNetwork isn't one of 'em. If you were subscribed to Setanta Broadband, I think you could see them live and/or on an "on demand" basis; I think it's something like fifteen buxamonth.

As has become my wont, I've scheduled one of my twice-annual dental checkups to coincide with one of the second legs (in this instance, Derby-Saints on Tuesday), as the tooth doc's office is a block from a quaLOLity football pub.

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 14 May 2007 22:47

Well kids, it's been quite a ride that began on that Saturday afternoon under a sunny Berkshire sky nine months back...in some ways it seems a lifetime ago, and in others like it was last week.

I'm left pretty much speechless when it comes to trying to put into words what an extraordinary experience that this all has been, so I'll leave that work to others more capable than I. What I can say in a few words is that all of it leaves me with a tremendous sense of gratitude tempered by one of humility in the knowledge that I've been entirely privileged to be, in my own way and at a great distance, a part of it.

The Blackburn match will screen once more, plus there are the weekly review show, the season review show and a goals of the season retrospective. They're scheduled for pretty odd times, but there's always the option of setting the recorder for those who make their homes over this side, and I felt an obligation to chuck it in here.

Next week, FSC are filling time by screening a few FA Cup matches from this season, including both semis and Boro v. United from the Sixth Round --but, strange to say, neither one of our memorable encounters with United. I get the sense that they'll see the error of their ways and get it on TV sometime this summer, and I'll advise as such things crop up.

Here's a quicky calendar for what's coming up over the next fortnight:
TUE 15th 5:00 PM Eastern --Blackburn match in full
WED 16th 1:30 PM Eastern --Weekly Review Show
THU 17th 2:00 AM, 5:00 AM and 1:00 PM Eastern --Weekly Review Show
SAT 19th 5:00 PM Eastern --Season Review Show
SAT 19th 6:00 PM Eastern --Goals of the Season
SAT/SUN Midnight Eastern (9:00 PM Saturday on the West Coast) --Season Review Show
SUN 20th 5:00 AM Eastern --Goals of the Season
SUN 20th 8:30 PM Eastern --Season Review Show
WED 23rd 8:00 PM Eastern, 11:00 PM Eastern --Season Review Show
THU 24th 5:00 PM Eastern --Season Review Show
FRI 25th 4:00 AM Eastern --Goals of the Season
SAT 26th 2:00 AM Eastern --Season Review Show
SAT 26th 3:00 AM Eastern --Goals of the Season

Looking back, I thought that this might be of interest to those who pay attention to such things:

Final 2006/7 RFC U.S. match exposure scorecard (first-time screenings by category; League matches only)
Fox Soccer Channel/LIVE: 13 of 38*
Fox Soccer Channel/Same-day delay: 7 of 38
Setanta Sports Channel-Setanta XTra/LIVE: 9 of 38**
Setanta Sports Channel/Same-day delay: 2 of 38
Matches not screened on U.S. TV: 7 of 38

To that we might add the two Cup ties with United, the first screening on a pay-per-view/pay-at-the-pub basis and repeating a few days later on FSC, and the replay screening live and in full on FSC

*Among these are all 5:15 Saturday, 4:00 Sunday and stand-alone Monday matches to date --thanks be to Sky for moving the fixtures to odd times, which leaves U.S. platforms with no real choice in the matter, as they show whatever game is played at those times

**Among these are all stand-alone 12:45 Saturday and 1:45 Sunday matches to date, for reasons as stated above

And so that'll cap it and wrap it, for the most part. I'll of course advise as anything of interest crops up, and first word of screenings for next season may be expected here in early August. If I can be of any assistance in the meanwhile, don't hesitate to let me know.

With that, I bid one and all a magnificent summer and leave you with the words of Sky Sports match commentator Martin Tyler, spoken shortly before halftime on that afternoon of 19th August of last year --an utterance that still rings in the ears and one that I shall remember with fondness for a very long time...

"Those of you who...might not have had a chance to see Reading...now see what all the fuss is about."

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular

by seahawk10 » 15 May 2007 00:12

Nice job all year! A huge help to us Reading followers living in or visiting the U.S.

630 posts