Stand up for Steve Coppell

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 02 Jan 2007 14:27

Being an accumplished Drummer myself, I could give you a few lessons... for a price of course... lets say 50% of the drinks that Gregster is going to give you :lol:

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 02 Jan 2007 15:15

The Stand Up for Steve Coppell chant was quite usefull as it allowed the earley leavers to sneak out without obstructing my view.

Quite a few remained until the final whistle, well almost, No doubt confused by the lack of count down timer on the scoreboard.

Royals Drummer

by Royals Drummer » 02 Jan 2007 18:27

willz_royal
Royals Drummer
Farnborough Royal
Royals Drummer Already hit that mile stone Gregster, managed a couple of 10 mins earlier in the season.

Where can I pick up that drink? :D

If you can resist giving it the rehearsed BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM READING! after every goal for the rest of the season I will pay for your ticket and travel to our 1st away game next season.

Its not rehearsed its the joy of scoring and cheering, just celebrating another great goal!!!
I enjoy it too much to give it up for a couple of drinks! Make me a better offer and we will talk! :wink:

after being informed at the mac expo about your trumpet, i am still listening out for your dulcet parping :)

(yes, i am the 14 year old in the reading top) :wink:

The trumpet has taken a back seat at the moment, much to my wifes relief! Although it is my New years resolution to have played it b4 the end of the season.

Nice to chat at Mac Expo. :wink:

Royals Drummer

by Royals Drummer » 02 Jan 2007 18:29

bigmike Being an accumplished Drummer myself, I could give you a few lessons... for a price of course... lets say 50% of the drinks that Gregster is going to give you :lol:

Sounds like a plan, maybe Gregster could buy a drink for all the fans who are singing Blue Army as well :lol:

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 03 Jan 2007 18:56

Mrs Butler I have to agree the Stand Up for Steve Coppell chant was excellent, and was kinda breath taking to see pretty much every body in the stadium standing up and singing.

Absolutely spot on, exactly as I saw it.

Reading_Royal
Location: 25Mar2006 History in the making - RFC in the promised land!

by Reading_Royal » 03 Jan 2007 19:44

I prefer celebrating to the drummers version of us celebrating than dancing to tom hark. if no tom hark but the drummer helping us chant then great! sounds better when you replay it on tv later in the day too! well done drummer! keep on banging it hard, i wish i could :wink:

alad
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: The footballing equivalent of a HarLOLem GLOLobetrotter..

by alad » 03 Jan 2007 19:56

Any drummer in a football ground needs to piss off.

Absolutely pathetic.

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

by londinium » 03 Jan 2007 20:07

alad Any drummer in a football ground needs to piss off.

Absolutely pathetic.

You really do come up with some totally moronic comments sometimes Alad...but for once agree with you 100%

Drummers are a waste of space, especially ones that decide to start beating their little toy at totally inapropriate times like on Monday.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 03 Jan 2007 20:49

As one of the chantstarters of the old Southbank and of the East Stand during our rubbish days, I can say that the drummer has largely destroyed the spontaneity of chants and often competes by drowning out chants, or joins in and spoils chants, or joins in for a few moments thus hijacking chants, then goes on to end the chant by giving up support and starting a new one.

Drummer has done nothing but piss me off.

However, perhaps this is just me being selfish as I rather enjoyed being part of a select few who'd be responsible for getting several thousand people chanting.

Perhaps in this plastic age we need a drummer to get the masses singing. I dunno.

brighton_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by brighton_royal » 03 Jan 2007 20:50

I would rather have the drummer than not, I think it adds to the general atmos. Could vary the post-goal thumping a bit though.

I miss the foot/wooden stand rumble we used to get at elm park. Anyone else still forget and try to stamp their feet?

Toon Toon Blue army

by Toon Toon Blue army » 03 Jan 2007 22:19

Why can't the drummer just start songs without a drum?

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

by who are ya? » 03 Jan 2007 22:40

Was good to see so many people joining in with this chant, but why does everyone sing it so quickly. It would sound alot better at a slightly slower pace. It's not a race.

biscuitman

by biscuitman » 03 Jan 2007 23:54

Was good to see so many people joining in with this chant, but why does everyone sing it so quickly. It would sound alot better at a slightly slower pace. It's not a race.

Because everyone is clapping like mad

OldBiscuit

by OldBiscuit » 04 Jan 2007 00:23

Jerry St Clair Steve Coppell still gets less vocal praise from our fans than Tommy Burns used to.

How queer.

Exactly what praise did that useless c*nt get, and when?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 04 Jan 2007 08:28

brighton_royal I would rather have the drummer than not, I think it adds to the general atmos. Could vary the post-goal thumping a bit though.

I miss the foot/wooden stand rumble we used to get at elm park. Anyone else still forget and try to stamp their feet?

You can still create a bit of noise by stamping on the concrete. Plus, if enough people do it, it scares the crap out of the people in the concourse below as the stand starts to flex!

I was there at Elm Park

by I was there at Elm Park » 04 Jan 2007 10:26

What really pisses me off with the drummer is the way he interrupts Sweet Caroline when the players come out. It makes the song completely irrelevant. If the drummer played along to the song in the intro with everyone clapping it would sound really good and maybe people would start joining in with it and we would start having the anthem that people always say they want us to have. Otherwise I don't really mind the drummer as to be honest most of the people around me only sing when he's involved. I just wish if he could try and help Sweet Caroline to catch on but then maybe I should move on from last season!

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 04 Jan 2007 11:22

maybe a print off of the words in the programme

people only sing to the sweet caroline bit then shut up, sounds daft unless we sing it all

its ok and the players love it but the rest of the lyrics apart form the good times never seemed so good bit are completely irrelevant

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 04 Jan 2007 11:53

brendywendy maybe a print off of the words in the programme

people only sing to the sweet caroline bit then shut up, sounds daft unless we sing it all

its ok and the players love it but the rest of the lyrics apart form the good times never seemed so good bit are completely irrelevant

Ok then...

What does 'Delilah' have to do with Stoke City in its 'relevance'?

That's not the point.

Fans will either pick up on it or not.

You can't ram things down fans' throats.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 04 Jan 2007 11:58

brendywendy maybe a print off of the words in the programme

The song itself is completely relevant - it was the players' "theme song" when they went away to celebrate promotion.

Every time I hear it it takes me back to the bus with the players and the Football League Championship Trophy arriving at the MadStad, which is a memory that I will forever cherish.

That memory being brought back to me before every match is enough - who cares what the actual words are?

'lista
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by 'lista » 04 Jan 2007 13:55

Where it began
I cant begin to knowin
But then I know its growin strong

Was in the spring
And spring became the summer
Whod have believed youd come along

Hands, touchin hands
Reachin out