1%
LEROY
1%

Total votes: 90
higher
Hob Nob Regular

MOTM v Charlton (A)

by higher » 09 Apr 2007 21:55

Ivar for me.The guy is fast approaching sainthood.Shorey oozed class at times and Hunty beavered away as is his want.Seol seemed keener at times and did some defensive duties.BK ok,Della did the job fine, Sid ok but made a few wrong choices,Harper better than of late,Long and Lita worked hard.Marcus clean sheet and in the right place when called on. Overall very pleased. We were significantly the better side and Poodoo will not be over chuffed. Good to see us right up for it and Coppells squad can mix and match so well.
Slightly surprised SC didnt use fresh legs for a while .Happy here.

Some interesting stats:
THEM Goal Attempts 8 : URZZZ 14 Goal Attempts
......................Corners 1 : .......... 11 Corners .
..............% Possession 46 : ........ 54 Possession %
Last edited by higher on 09 Apr 2007 22:01, edited 2 times in total.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 09 Apr 2007 21:56

Hunty for the effort. Shorey his usual self.

dantheloyalroyal

by dantheloyalroyal » 09 Apr 2007 21:58

I think the whole team showed quite a few qualities. I'll give it to Leroy though, couldn't score but showed alot of promise and made a few good runs. Caused the defence problems at times.

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 09 Apr 2007 22:00

who voted for Marcus??? :shock: hardly had a thing to do

The_Cat

by The_Cat » 09 Apr 2007 22:03

Hunt for me although his set pieces were awful.

RoyalBird

by RoyalBird » 09 Apr 2007 22:42

Shorey for me. But again, his Set Pieces were awful. Hunt, Harper and Ivar deserve a mention though.

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 09 Apr 2007 22:44

Shorey was once again outstanding for unfashionable Reading.

RoyalBird

by RoyalBird » 09 Apr 2007 23:16

Well it seems like Sky and BBC can't decide who Reading's best player tonight was. Sky rated Hunt as the best but the fans thought Bikey was their best player. Meanwhile on the BBC, they voted Sidwell as Reading's best player with Lita not too far away.

Sky's ratings: http://home.skysports.com/matchratings.aspx?fxid=298734&clid=108&cpid=8

BBC's fans ratings: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/charlton_athletic/live_text/6183171.stm

NSB14L35

by NSB14L35 » 09 Apr 2007 23:18

I've got to say that I don't think that the Sky guys were watching the same game as me. I have been scratching my head to work out why on earth they thought that Sidwell was worthy of the MOTM award. He did nothing all game, wasted chances (as he often seems to do) and gave the ball away a lot.

Another good game for Shorey and I thought that Seol did pretty well, faded in the second half though

ScottishRoyal

by ScottishRoyal » 09 Apr 2007 23:26

NSB14L35 I've got to say that I don't think that the Sky guys were watching the same game as me. I have been scratching my head to work out why on earth they thought that Sidwell was worthy of the MOTM award. He did nothing all game, wasted chances (as he often seems to do) and gave the ball away a lot.

Another good game for Shorey and I thought that Seol did pretty well, faded in the second half though

What game were you watching? He was clearly MOTM for me breaking up countless Charlton attacks and dominating the centre of midfield, without which we couldn't have dominated possession and territory in the second half. He got forward well and got into good positions - which admittedly he made a hash of, but he was a threat.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 09 Apr 2007 23:27

NSB14L35 I've got to say that I don't think that the Sky guys were watching the same game as me. I have been scratching my head to work out why on earth they thought that Sidwell was worthy of the MOTM award. He did nothing all game, wasted chances (as he often seems to do) and gave the ball away a lot.

kind've agree in part

(in lieu of the usuals...Ingi/Hunty/Marcus..... who was rock tonight).

My vote goes to Seol..............for the best shot of the match......and because he seemed to play more like the guy who played at the start of the season....futile on here I know

NSB14L35

by NSB14L35 » 09 Apr 2007 23:28

ScottishRoyal

What game were you watching? He was clearly MOTM for me breaking up countless Charlton attacks and dominating the centre of midfield, without which we couldn't have dominated possession and territory in the second half. He got forward well and got into good positions - which admittedly he made a hash of, but he was a threat.

Well put it this way, if Seol had played like that he would be getting murdered on here right now

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 09 Apr 2007 23:53

AthleticoSpizz

kind've agree in part

(in lieu of the usuals...Ingi/Hunty/Marcus..... who was rock tonight).

My vote goes to Seol..............for the best shot of the match......and because he seemed to play more like the guy who played at the start of the season....futile on here I know

If that was the one in the first half, presumably we didn't get a single one on target for the rest of the game. It was straight at the keeper, under pressure but should have done better. Vast improvement from him, but still failed to produce an end product far too much and still had a tendency to be a passenger at times.

Sidwell won a lot of tackles and made a couple of good breaks, as well as got a couple of shots off. Good game. We'd really miss him over the course of the season if he wasn't here.

I don't think you can ever accuse Sidwell of going missing or being a passenger. outfought or over run maybe, but he certainly doesn't have Seol's faults.

ScottishRoyal

by ScottishRoyal » 09 Apr 2007 23:59

NSB14L35
ScottishRoyal

Well put it this way, if Seol had played like that he would be getting murdered on here right now

Well then the criticism would be wrong! What would you rather have, players getting into goalscoring positions and missing or not having chances at all?!

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 10 Apr 2007 03:01

Hunty for me - god bless the guy for his effort and also bits of skill as well. I thought it was a good performance in general tonight - despite the criticism on here :roll:

doylefan

by doylefan » 11 Apr 2007 20:49

hunty for me as well - good preformance and what a header - if only it had gone in!!

AbovetheI
Hob Nob Regular

by AbovetheI » 11 Apr 2007 20:52

I don't like the way SKY described his performance. :shock:

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 11 Apr 2007 20:53

Bikey and Long by a country mile, although Hunt still had one of his best performances in a Reading shirt, which was a vast improvement on the Liverpool game.

Harold

by Harold » 11 Apr 2007 22:05

doylefan hunty for me as well - good preformance and what a header - if only it had gone in!!

are you talking about the header near the end of the 2nd half? that was a sitter he missed.

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 11 Apr 2007 23:45

Seol for me too, he had the Charlton defenders on their heels. I hope he gets in against Fullham, either as a starter or a sub. No one looks as dangerous with the ball in space and more of this is coming if he gets the playing time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWlasg3U_mQ