Should they stay or should they go?

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 10 Apr 2007 16:38

Bikey - No thanks, Positional Liability

Halls - Release, drain on the wage bill

Sodje - Sell, Not good enough for top half of the prem!

De La Cruz -Release, Halford is a ready made replacement

Gunnarsson - Keep for another year if he will stay

Oster - Sell if we get an offer, keep if he's happy as a squad player

Seol - Keep, technically superb, now get him to work harder!

Long - Loan to Championship

Sidwell - Keep if under 25k

so...

Buy - (if in any way possible) - Gardner from Villa, O'Neil from Pompey, Barnes from Derby, Bendtner from Arsenal and a quality centre half depending on Bennett.

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 10 Apr 2007 16:41

Out:

Sodje, Halls, Oster. Halls is a no brainer, Sodje and Oster are not good enough at this level.

Def keep:

gunnarsson, DLC. DLC can also play left back remember, we dont have much cover there.

Not Sure:

Bikey, Long. Long needs a season at Championship level i think to see what he's made of. At the moment he is way short of premiership standard. the prem League Reserve League is not good enough for his development.

Bikey i dont like personally. He makes far too many basic mistakes and doesn't look a natural CB. his temperament is suspect as well. I can't see SC paying good money for him on a long term contract.

Adrian's Fool

by Adrian's Fool » 10 Apr 2007 16:45

can't believe the opinions about Oster on this thread - is it my imagination or wasn't everyone raving about him being given a chance a week ago?

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 10 Apr 2007 16:55

Adrian's Fool can't believe the opinions about Oster on this thread - is it my imagination or wasn't everyone raving about him being given a chance a week ago?

it is not your imagination

people also calling for either doyle or kitson to be dropped after liverpool
now its a crime they didnt play against charlton

these boards change their collective minds with the wind

MadMac

by MadMac » 10 Apr 2007 17:05

Bikey - Excellent cover for Sonko, will be interested to see what will happen when Sonko is fully fit..

Halls - Off at the end of the season...

Sodje - Talking with a WBA fan sounds like they are going to put a bid in for him at the end of the season...

De La Cruz -Could well be off as he isn't getting enough first team football...

Gunnarsson - Keep hold of, maybe if Sidwell goes could fill the midfield spot...

Oster - I hope we keep hold of him, although same with DLC he might look else where to get first team football..

Seol - Part of me would like him to stay but another part thinks he is a bit lazy. Start of the season he was amazing but now he is a bit lazy doesn't seem to chase the ball..

Long - should go out on loan to get first team football, but we keep him under contract long term...

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 10 Apr 2007 17:20

spike25 I thought Seol had a great game last night. Split the defense and got a great shot that I was actually pretty stunned didn't go in. And he worked pretty hard on defense as well. As back and forth as the game was, I was surprised he was still running in the 90th minute, but it shows he was working harder.

If that shot had gone in, he'd have basically won the game on his own, which would mark the third or fourth time he's done that this season (admittedly not in a long while). He has so many skills, I don't understand why everybody rates him so poorly.

I'm glad someone else saw his performance the same way that I did. He also plays some very clever passes that seem to get overlooked - maybe because he does it in an apparently effortless way.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 10 Apr 2007 18:43

Doesn't Bikey have a £1m purchase clause in his loan deal?

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 10 Apr 2007 19:07

RoyalBlue
spike25 I thought Seol had a great game last night. Split the defense and got a great shot that I was actually pretty stunned didn't go in. And he worked pretty hard on defense as well. As back and forth as the game was, I was surprised he was still running in the 90th minute, but it shows he was working harder.

If that shot had gone in, he'd have basically won the game on his own, which would mark the third or fourth time he's done that this season (admittedly not in a long while). He has so many skills, I don't understand why everybody rates him so poorly.

I'm glad someone else saw his performance the same way that I did. He also plays some very clever passes that seem to get overlooked - maybe because he does it in an apparently effortless way.

Agreed, he was great against Charlton. He is one of the few players (along with Glen Little) we have who can turn defenders around with his fancy footwork and open up space. One of our most creative players, I would like to see him get some time in the next game as a high energy (I know seems odd to say that) sub if we need some scoring in the next game.

bottom left hand corner

by bottom left hand corner » 10 Apr 2007 19:45

Bikey - Buy.

Halls - go

Sodje - stay

De La Cruz -go

Gunnarsson - stay

Oster - go

Seol - go

Long - loan out

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 10 Apr 2007 19:48

would be interesting to see if we use Sodje as bait for Curtis Davis

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 10 Apr 2007 20:18

gazzer, loyal royal would be interesting to see if we use Sodje as bait for Curtis Davis

I said that out loud a few weeks ago - I must remember to hobnob these things in future.

EDIT: I did say it hobnob
:oops:

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 10 Apr 2007 20:33

Bikey - Getting better by the game, has proved capable at Premiership level, knows the club and how we work. He's a better natural footballer than Sonko and like Sonks his weaknesses will improve with coaching. Anything less than £2m and it should be a done deal

Halls - Get rid. He's not going to get a chance and needs a move for the sake of his own career

Sodje - Decent enough back up but I'd happily see him leave if his sale helped finance a quality signing

De La Cruz - Adds valuable experience and ability. I'd like to see him stay.

Gunnarsson - Mr Reliable. You'd have to be mad to suggest we should get rid.

Oster - I'm a big fan of Oster but if he decides to go, it wouldn't be the end of the world.

Seol - yes he's lazy and inconsistant but when on form, after Blakey, our best winger. Worth persevering with

Long - Defintely needs to go on loan to get a decent run under his belt.

bassavage

by bassavage » 10 Apr 2007 21:56

Bikey - He's the best defender we have behind Sonko and Ivar and he has the potential to be just as good as Sonko.

Halls - Pointless him even being here. With Murty, Halford, De La Cruz, Gunnarsson and Bikey preferred to him at right-back, he's never going to play.

Sodje - I don't think he is good enough for the Premiership, he's probably better off at a bigger Championship club, like where he is at now. We also have plenty of players who can play centre-back (Sonko, Ivar, Bikey, Duberry, Gunnarsson, Bennett)

De La Cruz - Would be mad to let him go considering we have nobody who can play left-back other than Shorey. Whenever he has come in he has done well and deserves to stay.

Gunnarsson - Versatile and is a great player to have as a back-up.

Oster - If he keeps on performing, then there is every chance he can push for a starting place week in, week out like Hunt has. Keep him.

Seol - When he is at his best, he is brilliant - I feel he can be a massive player for us. Just remember Convey in his first season.

Long - Not good enough at the moment to be playing in the Premiership, but he can be in the future, loan him out to a Championship side.

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 11 Apr 2007 08:36

Bikey - Yes: buy him for about £1 million
Halls - No
Sodje - Championship loan, or bait in a swap deal
De La Cruz - Yes - can we keep him one year at a time?
Gunnarsson - Yes
Oster - Yes, unless he is offered another Premiership club
Seol - Yes, unless we are offered a lot more than what we paid for him
Long - Championship loan
Convey - bite anybody's hands off who is interested
Shorey - only to Chelsea for £23 million
Sidwell - he has gone

Adrian's Fool

by Adrian's Fool » 11 Apr 2007 08:58

Convey????? You cannot be serious, shirley :(

dantheloyalroyal

by dantheloyalroyal » 11 Apr 2007 10:43

Bikey - Sign him up :)

Halls - Get rid of him. Not premiership quality and not needed anymore.

Sodje - I'd like to see him stay, but he'd be better off elsewhere.

De La Cruz - Keep him.

Gunnarsson - Possible replacement for Sidwell, and gives cover in 2+ positions.

Oster - Keep him.

Seol - If he builds on his Charlton performance, then we've got to keep him. Otherwise, I wouldn't be sad if he left!

Long - Loan him out to a Championship club and let us keep the result!

Sidwell - Can't see him staying, as much as I want him too :(

Shorey - Keep him at all costs!

Convey - Keep him. He'll get over his injury and return a menice!

Little - Keep him.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 11 Apr 2007 10:48

Those who think Seol should go, don't be stupid. What other cover would we have for the wing positions? :roll:

rotherwick_royal

by rotherwick_royal » 11 Apr 2007 10:56

SpaceCruiser Those who think Seol should go, don't be stupid. What other cover would we have for the wing positions? :roll:

The assumption is that we would replace anybody who leaves if we don't have cover in that position.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 11 Apr 2007 10:59

rotherwick_royal
SpaceCruiser Those who think Seol should go, don't be stupid. What other cover would we have for the wing positions? :roll:

The assumption is that we would replace anybody who leaves if we don't have cover in that position.

I would think we should get in the replacement before thinking of selling him. But then I don't think he needs replacing.

Sidwell looks likely to leave, we need to be thinking about replacing him should he go.

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 11 Apr 2007 11:24

Adrian's Fool Convey????? You cannot be serious, shirley :(

Somebody might want him. He is an international and he had one good season out of three, so must be worth a bit of money to a championship team with ambitions. £1 million or so?