midfield

16 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

midfield

by winchester_royal » 16 Sep 2007 13:49

would like to see a comletely different four in the midfield against wigan

henry fae cisse convey

the last time fae and cisse played together in the centre was the behind closed doors friendly before the season started and created more chances than we have had all season

convey has looked our best player the last two games he has come on, probably best he gets a full game now

henry is probably our best academy graduate ever, time he got a go at first team level

79Royal

Re: midfield

by 79Royal » 16 Sep 2007 14:01

winchester_royal would like to see a comletely different four in the midfield against wigan

henry fae cisse convey

the last time fae and cisse played together in the centre was the behind closed doors friendly before the season started and created more chances than we have had all season

convey has looked our best player the last two games he has come on, probably best he gets a full game now

henry is probably our best academy graduate ever, time he got a go at first team level

Against QPR!! :lol:

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: midfield

by winchester_royal » 16 Sep 2007 14:02

79Royal
winchester_royal would like to see a comletely different four in the midfield against wigan

henry fae cisse convey

Against QPR!! :lol:

still worth a try

MattPR

Bon apetite

by MattPR » 16 Sep 2007 14:30

You t*at - as if that would work!!! LOL

Convey - Yes I agree but on the left only.

Fae - maybe but I trust Coppel when he says he is not ready. Though on the strength of his last performance I would start him with Harper in centre.

Gunnarson - why do we start with him??? He is a sub player not first team LOL LOL

Henry - Maybe on the bench. It would be able to give young players a chance to shine and come through but I'm sure Coppel would reward any young player appropriately.

Cisse - If Copple says he is not ready then there you go but maybe bench.

Hunt has to go on the bench at least.

** Oster - should be back soon !! and not a moment to soon. Lets hope he performs LOL

new boy Liam - maybe replace Murty.

It's not an easy decision I grant you but replacing the whole 4. uhhhh no!

How about changing the formation - 4-5-1, 4-1-4-1 or 4-4-1-1?????

I know we have a four strikers but whats the point if they are not getting the service?? If oster does not play soon. Then maybe 5 in midfield in Doyle right midfield of maybe an Attacking right mid formutation?

What we obviously need to also take into account is how Wigan may play against us????

Anyway food for thought.......

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Bon apetite

by winchester_royal » 16 Sep 2007 14:36

MattPR You t*at - as if that would work!!! LOL

Fae - maybe but I trust Coppel when he says he is not ready. Though on the strength of his last performance I would start him with Harper in centre.

Gunnarson - why do we start with him??? He is a sub player not first team LOL LOL

Henry - Maybe on the bench. It would be able to give young players a chance to shine and come through but I'm sure Coppel would reward any young player appropriately.

** Oster - should be back soon !! and not a moment to soon. Lets hope he performs LOL

I know we have a four strikers but whats the point if they are not getting the service?? If oster does not play soon. Then maybe 5 in midfield in Doyle right midfield of maybe an Attacking right mid formutation?

What we obviously need to also take into account is how Wigan may play against us????

If we are going to play any forward on the right for me it has to be long

he is the fastest and most skillful of all our forwards, however changing all four is the only way, fae may not be completely ready but even at 50% he is a better bet than gunnarsson to score goals

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 16 Sep 2007 15:02

jesus why so much abuse for just posting an opinion?

Shevchenko

by Shevchenko » 16 Sep 2007 15:16

When you think of teams that are really strong, in the premiership, the one thing that you realise is that they make use of pace. Ã

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 16 Sep 2007 15:23

[quote="Shevchenko"]When you think of teams that are really strong, in the premiership, the one thing that you realise is that they make use of pace. Ã

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 16 Sep 2007 15:27

When you think of our squad, it's hard to see where the pace is coming from.

Gunnarson could be one of those aliens from Doctor Who who look like statues but blink and they're really fast.

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 16 Sep 2007 16:29

Reading in "haven't got anyone as good as Torres or Ronaldo" shocker.

The Quiet Man

by The Quiet Man » 16 Sep 2007 20:00

I thought that Sunderland again demonstrated the point that as a team we are simply not pressing the ball quickly enough in centre midfield and defence. The Sunderland fans I walked back to town with after the game all commented on how much we were missing Sidwell as a "presence" in midfield (they also thought the only two sh*te signings Keane has made were Richardson and Halford).

Our problems are twofold at the moment one is no tackles in midfield we are being passed through, and secondly our wing play has all but disappeared. We have gone from having four wingers in the last two seasons with the luxury of subbing wide players with 20 minutes to go to having no natural right sided player starting. In fact I'll add a third problem in that we were good at getting goals from dead ball situations last season yet this season we have won a lot of corners and free kicks (West Ham springs to mind but we had plenty against Sunderland ) but we do not seem to be getting any quality on set plays (barring Kits and Shorey yesterday).

An awful lot is now riding on whether Fae and Cisse can get to the pace and aggression of the premier league and give us some midfield stability.

MadStadLad

Re: Bon apetite

by MadStadLad » 16 Sep 2007 20:30

Copple Coppel...try Coppell! oh and it's Gunnarsson!

Glad you are not writing the team sheet

MattPR You t*at - as if that would work!!! LOL

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 17 Sep 2007 00:39

So Cisse and Fae are not feckin ready, what great signings by the God, why not sign some players that are ready in the future?

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 17 Sep 2007 08:19

There has to be some quality available in the Championship that we can have a look at?

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 17 Sep 2007 08:29

papereyes
When you think of our squad, it's hard to see where the pace is coming from.

Gunnarson could be one of those aliens from Doctor Who who look like statues but blink and they're really fast.

He was 50% of the way there on Saturday, i.e. he looked like a statue

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 17 Sep 2007 09:21

Top Flight There has to be some quality available in the Championship that we can have a look at?

Not if we have to pay money like Portsmouth did for Nugent or Sunderland did for Jones. It's been often said on here but I think someone like Koumas would have had a big impact in our team

16 posts   •   Page 1 of 1