Why didn't Bikey, Convey & Fae play, or Lita make bench?

crossie
Hob Nob Regular

by crossie » 23 Sep 2007 10:44

Irvinchangeyaname
starbug Can you tell me where everyone gets their Convey-tinted spectacles from ?

I was going to use the exact same expression. I was too scared to upset the wearers though!

should have gone to Specsavers.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 23 Sep 2007 11:42

starbug Can you tell me where everyone gets their Convey-tinted spectacles from ?

All I see is a someone who runs a lot but doesn't go past people, doesn't really have any tricks up his sleeve, cant shoot and struggles to hit the ball hard enough for an effective cross (its like watching the Womens world cup).

arent you just describing hunt there?................moron

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 23 Sep 2007 11:43

All I see is a someone who runs a lot but doesn't go past people, doesn't really have any tricks up his sleeve, cant shoot and struggles to hit the ball hard enough for an effective cross (its like watching the Womens world cup).

arent you just describing hunt there?................moron

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 23 Sep 2007 12:03

It does seem to be Coppell's reaction that if the defense have a bad game, drop Bikey. Coppell's obviously got problems trusting the guy, but we just look slow at the back with Doobs, Ivar and Murty and that was up against Marcus Bent. Though I guess last week we did make Jones look like good business.

retro royal

by retro royal » 23 Sep 2007 12:15

According to the News of the World, Lita to a video of himself whilst doing the rear end of a mystery brunette with him grinning and winking to the phone. He then bluetoothed this to his Reading team-mates. This video has now been sent to other clubs and he is recieving messages from players of these clubs taking the michael out of him.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 23 Sep 2007 12:15

retro royal According to the News of the World, Lita to a video of himself whilst doing the rear end of a mystery brunette with him grinning and winking to the phone. He then bluetoothed this to his Reading team-mates. This video has now been sent to other clubs and he is recieving messages from players of these clubs taking the michael out of him.

:lol:

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 23 Sep 2007 12:22

If he was good enough he'd get away with this stuff. Bye Bye in January Leory.

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 23 Sep 2007 12:26

Royal Rother Most are agreed that Ingi has been distinctly average since the first couple of games this season, yet he has not been dropped.

Presumably this is in recognition of his marvelous consistency over the last couple of years.

How many games will Coppell pick him on the back of that fine record ahead of the still improving Bikey? Perhaps Bikey has actually been as good as he has in part because he has been playing alongside Ingi's calm and experienced head...

Interesting issues for the manager to ponder. And he's the one paid to come up with the right answers. Let's hope our end of season position shows he has done just that whilst we keep on debating the issues for fun. Big difference and one that should not be lost on us - we don't want a risk-taker at the helm, rather a man of Coppell's calm judgment with pros and cons and percentages accurately weighed up to produce a winning team.

I'm not suggesting he is above criticism but it is worth remembering his record for us over the last 3 years whilst lambasting him for, what appear to us, unfathomable selections.

Still, Bikey Convey and Fae to start next week please Mr. C!

I think part of the reason why Ingi always plays is because he compliments his defensive partner so well. I could never imagine Bikey and Sonko (when fit) playing together because they're just too similar.

For the record I actually thought Ingi had a good game yesterday, made errors in places but made up for that at other times. Fae should have come on, and like others leaving Lita out was most surprising when I thought he had a chance of starting, although Coppell's reasoning on Radio Berkshire that Long was preferred because he's a better impact player did make sense. What didnt was Lita not being in attendance at the match. Even Sidwell turned up for every game when he wasn't involved at the end of last season, and to say it was to avoid Lita being questioned doesn't add up when the same could be applied to Sidwell. Reading between the lines it suggests that Lita didn't take it too well and Coppell advised him to stay away.

philM

by philM » 23 Sep 2007 12:38

retro royal According to the News of the World, Lita to a video of himself whilst doing the rear end of a mystery brunette with him grinning and winking to the phone. He then bluetoothed this to his Reading team-mates. This video has now been sent to other clubs and he is recieving messages from players of these clubs taking the michael out of him.

That'll end up on YouTube then.

On another subject - was anyone else a bit embarrased by Hunty's behaviour re the non-penalty?

I'm all for a bit of needle, but when Hunt (and Leroy) get on one they come across a bit like Big Brother contestants.
Last edited by philM on 23 Sep 2007 12:51, edited 1 time in total.

Fat Leather Jacket

by Fat Leather Jacket » 23 Sep 2007 12:40

Sounds to me like he's bonding well with his teamates - and the mystery brunette.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 23 Sep 2007 12:42

I want Barry Hunter back.