The Life and Times of Ahmet Rifat

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

Re: The Life and Times of Ahmet Rifat

by Four Of Clubs » 21 Sep 2014 14:58

3points Anyone seen James Harper recently? Does he now have hair?

... Harps was on BBC Baaarks last Tue night pre-Millwall nattering - just as manic off the pitch - from what he said - he's living locally but w/o a club - presumably released by Barnet last season.

I think Simeon Howell was at Marlow until very recently (early 2013) - not sure where he's gone this season. Back in season 10/11 he flitted from Hartley W to Abingdon Utd (most likely via Thatcham where the HW squad went en masse with Neville Roach) previously cropping up at Fleet Town - featured in a Play Off defeat for them vs Uxbridge - so he's evidently still got enough to be in and out of sides at STEPS 4-6.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 21 Sep 2014 17:14

Pretty sure I saw Harps lining up at the start of the Swallowfield duathlon. Have never seen him with hair, which threw me a bit, but I'm pretty sure it was him as he was wearing a pair of numbered Hull City shorts.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 21 Sep 2014 18:56

subtle, very subtle

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 26 Nov 2016 18:57

Ahmet Rifat scored for Wingate and Finchley today against Slough Town in the Trophy.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 26 Nov 2016 19:13

General Football

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 26 Nov 2016 20:14

genome Ah, Matt Partridge

This utterly horrible c**t was released by Newport last season and i believe has no club now. What a shame.

Any chance someone can tweet that picture at him? :lol:

double d

by double d » 29 Nov 2016 05:26

This has potential to be a great thread

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 29 Nov 2016 08:48

Winston Smith
genome Ah, Matt Partridge

This utterly horrible c**t was released by Newport last season and i believe has no club now. What a shame.

Any chance someone can tweet that picture at him? :lol:

Seems to be playing for Basingstoke

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 24 Feb 2018 12:43

Ahmet Rifat has now made over 400 appearances for Wingate and Finchley.

double d

by double d » 24 Feb 2018 12:54

He was one of readings best ever players

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 27 Feb 2018 15:31

double d He was one of readings best ever players

From any other poster I'd say that was sarcasm but you probably believe that... :roll:

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 27 Feb 2018 17:31

From Despair To Where? There was definitely a lost batch of promising youngsters. I think the club grew to fast for them. Baucard got a couple of seasons at Peterborough but that's about it.

Compare that to Stuart Beavon Jr. He's made a decent career in the football league for himself for the past 8 years having taken the non league route with Didcot. I don't even know if the club ever took any serious interest in him.

Yes, indeed. I always wondered whether we ever had an interest, too. 32 now, and on Coventry City's books in League 2. Played in Champ for Burton last season, too.

https://www.ccfc.co.uk/teams/first-team ... rt-beavon/

His dad, of course, played 400 games for us. And his grandad, who just recently passed away, was also a pro.

https://www.theleaguepaper.com/featured ... s-1983-84/

Ranty McRantface

by Ranty McRantface » 27 Feb 2018 18:31

Boucad had a lot of disciplinary issues. Even before he was at Reading. The lad was plying his trade for Henley Town and owed them thousands in fines for red cards and breach of rules. He had massive attitude problems, didn't really take training seriously but there was no mistaking his talent. I saw him play when I was on trial at Henley and got some info on him from the players there

Shame really and I sure he regrets being such a bellend in his early years as he had the ability to play in the Prem.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 28 Feb 2018 00:20

Ranty McRantface Boucad had a lot of disciplinary issues. Even before he was at Reading. The lad was plying his trade for Henley Town and owed them thousands in fines for red cards and breach of rules. He had massive attitude problems, didn't really take training seriously but there was no mistaking his talent. I saw him play when I was on trial at Henley and got some info on him from the players there

Shame really and I sure he regrets being such a bellend in his early years as he had the ability to play in the Prem.

But that is a relatively common problem isn't it? James Lambert was another who had talent and potential to burn yet believed in his own hype. Always remember John Halls we bought from Stoke for £250k. Clearly had a bit about him for SSC to buy him, but was a Billy Big Bollux. l'll always remember walking up to the Mad Stad before a game and Halls drove down Northern Way in a gold Baby Bentley giving it large!! My boys and I could't believe what we were seeing - a 2-bit footballer who couldn't give a proverbial! Wasn't even in the 1st team squad and clearly couldn't give a shit.

Sad when these players simply don't realise what they've got, and that most of us fans would give our eye teeth to play for the club we love - I guess that's why we fans take to home grown talent more than pricey blow-ins?

ayjaydee
Hob Nob Regular

by ayjaydee » 28 Feb 2018 07:48

strap
Ranty McRantface Boucad had a lot of disciplinary issues. Even before he was at Reading. The lad was plying his trade for Henley Town and owed them thousands in fines for red cards and breach of rules. He had massive attitude problems, didn't really take training seriously but there was no mistaking his talent. I saw him play when I was on trial at Henley and got some info on him from the players there

But that is a relatively common problem isn't it? James Lambert was another who had talent and potential to burn yet believed in his own hype. Always remember John Halls we bought from Stoke for £250k. Clearly had a bit about him for SSC to buy him, but was a Billy Big Bollux. l'll always remember walking up to the Mad Stad before a game and Halls drove down Northern Way in a gold Baby Bentley giving it large!! My boys and I could't believe what we were seeing - a 2-bit footballer who couldn't give a proverbial! Wasn't even in the 1st team squad and clearly couldn't give a shit.

Sad when these players simply don't realise what they've got, and that most of us fans would give our eye teeth to play for the club we love - I guess that's why we fans take to home grown talent more than pricey blow-ins?

Certainly not uncommon. I used to watch a fair bit of non league football and Sunday League and without a doubt the most talented player I ever saw on the local circuit was Nevada Phillips. He was on Spurs books as an apprentice, they let him go. He came to us and we let him go. Well known in local football circles that he had real attitude issues. Another that springs to mind is Andy Parr, a West Ham junior who ended up in an Aussie prison for drug smuggling.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re:

by Simmops » 25 Jun 2021 19:13

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe One of the most horrible people you could have ever met.

He did have the talent though, just completely wasted it.

Actually know him through a family members coaching in NL football

Nice guy and not horrible at all

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 25 Jun 2021 19:14

double d This has potential to be a great thread

+1

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 25 Jun 2021 19:28

This is a very old thread;however Baz was right up there as one of the worst players I have seen in a Reading shirt.Neville Roach (ex Little Heath School ?) was I thought very unlucky to be released by us.My Son saw Joseph Mills playing for one of the Sydney Pro teams a couple of years ago.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 26 Jun 2021 09:09

Westwood52 This is a very old thread;however Baz was right up there as one of the worst players I have seen in a Reading shirt.Neville Roach (ex Little Heath School ?) was I thought very unlucky to be released by us.My Son saw Joseph Mills playing for one of the Sydney Pro teams a couple of years ago.

A very odd thread indeed

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 26 Jun 2021 09:51

Whatever happened to Alex Haddow?