Murty wasn't injured !

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Murty wasn't injured !

by rfcjoe » 03 Mar 2008 19:19

handbags_harris So why did Murts, when asked by Andrew Peach this morning on BBCRB where he was off to after he'd done his radio bit, state that he was going to the physio to have treatment?

Why did Murts this morning, when asked by Andrew Peach this morning on BBCRB how the injury was, answer "still sore but better than it was"? (Or something like that).

Why does the official site report that Murty was out injured? http://www.readingfc.premiumtv.co.uk/pa ... 54,00.html

i don't have the answers-

but neither do you my friend :lol:

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 03 Mar 2008 19:21

handbags_harris So why did Murts, when asked by Andrew Peach this morning on BBCRB where he was off to after he'd done his radio bit, state that he was going to the physio to have treatment?

Why did Murts this morning, when asked by Andrew Peach this morning on BBCRB how the injury was, answer "still sore but better than it was"? (Or something like that).

Why does the official site report that Murty was out injured? http://www.readingfc.premiumtv.co.uk/pa ... 54,00.html

Erm... because that's what you do when you're trying to go along with the impression that you're injured, perhaps??

If you were dropped because you were deemed to be playing badly wouldn't you want to give the impression you're injured and wouldn't you therefore answer in EXACTLY those ways? Unless you were a total baffoon and would accidentally say "well i'm actually off to play some golf ... d'oh!"

It's just happened so often that it's becoming a bit comical. EIther that or there's INCREDIBLE coincidence with Reading players getting injured JUST as a better player comes along and is about to replace them anyway!

Still, it is of course possible that he genuinely IS injured.

Either way it doesn't matter. The point is that's a fair tactic for protecting the players. And Rosenior did a grand job.

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 03 Mar 2008 19:29

Rosenior > Murty.

I love Murts but his days are numbered at this level. I'd love him to remain at the club in some capacity though but if it's as a player, as cover for Rosenior next season when De La leaves.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 03 Mar 2008 19:42

*If* it was a pure tactical decision, do you think Murty is who Coppell was on about when he clearly said he was going to stop being loyal to certain players?

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 03 Mar 2008 20:04

2 world wars, 1 world cup *If* it was a pure tactical decision, do you think Murty is who Coppell was on about when he clearly said he was going to stop being loyal to certain players?

Definitely, players like Bikey and Rosenior must have bashed Coppell's door down with some questions about why certain players are still being picked.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Mar 2008 20:27

I bet rfcjoe and 2 world wars think that Prince Philip had Dodi and Diane murdered, September the 11th was an elaborate plot by George Bush to retain power and the media is run by the evil Jewish consortium ruling the world.

Talk about pointless conspiracy theories.

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 03 Mar 2008 20:30

Ian Royal I bet rfcjoe and 2 world wars think that Prince Philip had Dodi and Diane murdered, September the 11th was an elaborate plot by George Bush to retain power and the media is run by the evil Jewish consortium ruling the world.

i bet you speak sh#t all the time

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Mar 2008 20:34

rfcjoe
Ian Royal I bet rfcjoe and 2 world wars think that Prince Philip had Dodi and Diane murdered, September the 11th was an elaborate plot by George Bush to retain power and the media is run by the evil Jewish consortium ruling the world.

i bet you speak sh#t all the time

Sometimes, but clearly not as much as you.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 03 Mar 2008 20:46

:lol:

Maybe :wink:

Seriously though... I don't want to sound like I'm coming up with a bizarre conspiracy theory. I don't think there's anythign conspiracy-like about any of this. And certainly doesn't reflect badly on anyone. I happen to think it's a very fair and reasonable thing to say/do. A kind of "read between the lines" way of saying "I'm not playing this guy for the time being". Come on, it really isn't that far fetched or weird a concept now, is it.

PS and as it happens none of those things you mention is that far fetched. ;) The official 911 story has more holes in it than a football net! ...

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Mar 2008 21:21

2 world wars, 1 world cup

Seriously though... I don't want to sound like I'm coming up with a bizarre conspiracy theory. I don't think there's anythign conspiracy-like about any of this. And certainly doesn't reflect badly on anyone. I happen to think it's a very fair and reasonable thing to say/do. A kind of "read between the lines" way of saying "I'm not playing this guy for the time being". Come on, it really isn't that far fetched or weird a concept now, is it.

PS and as it happens none of those things you mention is that far fetched. ;) The official 911 story has more holes in it than a football net! ...

I knew one of you would have a sense of humour about that. And I was right about who. I agree the whole 1109 thing is full of holes. But that doesn't mean Bush set it all up.

I suspect Murty has picked up a knock. Players play with knocks all the time. It was probably a contributory factor in Murts not playing, but I wouldn't have been surprised if he wasn't dropped anyway. You'd have think Gunnar would get on th ebench, especially by now if he hadn't been injured.

Lita wasn't injured, yet didn't play, Kitson wasn't injured, but was dropped, Cisse wasn't injured, but was dropped, Sonko wasn't injured, but was dropped. Are you seeing a pattern emerging here?

Kinda showing the players get fake injuries when they're dropped theory to be balls. But hey, lets not get facts and logic get in the way of some random conjecture, slagging off of RFC (not in your case 2ww1wc) and having a bloody good argument for no reasons.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 03 Mar 2008 21:33

Let's not forget that Murty is the biggest hypochondriac at the club so in his own eyes he is ALWAYS injured.
BTW I have just been speaking to my mate who went on Saturday and he said don't get carried away by Rosenior's performance as he looked dodgy in the second half after a decent first half.
It is probably time to persevere with him as regrettably Murty is no longer up to it.

Son of Len

by Son of Len » 03 Mar 2008 21:55

2 world wars, 1 world cup

No conspiracy theory needed.

My cousin's husband used to play basketball in the NBA here in the States. One time (at least) in the twilight of his career he was listed as injured, although he clearly wasn't. In that case, the NBA team used the disabled list to store him (due to limits on teams' active rosters) in case he was needed.

I'm sure 2ww1wc's theory is spot on, although not conspiratorial, which gives the impression of underhandedness.

Chuckle Brother

by Chuckle Brother » 04 Mar 2008 09:36

rfcjoe
Huntley & Palmer It doesn't say that at all :roll: He did pick up an injury against Villa in the last 15 minutes but does it really matter if he was injured or not? Rosenior came in and did a decent enough job and should not be replaced against Citeh

totally agree mate - should be in there for the rest of the season in fact!

Yep, irresepctive of performances between now and the end of the season he should be an autoatic choice after a decent performance away at Boro.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 04 Mar 2008 10:08

2 world wars, 1 world cup Not bothered.

I've mentioned this before on here:

It seems that whenever Coppell wants to drop player they're 'injured'.

THis has happened many many times before, so much so that I quit mentioning it as it's become too predictable.

Isn't it funny how the Gunman got injured conveniently just as we were about to drop him for Marek anyway etc

Now obviously there are some real injuries like Little etc, but mroe often than not when a player is dropped Coppell seems to say they're injured.

I respect that: it shows Coppell cares about the feelings of the players and doesn't want anyone on the outside to think they weren't performing well. It's a protective thing from a good manager.

I'm delighted he made the changes and what's more important is they worked. I'm a fan of Murty's but it has to be Rosenior again after that performance.

Err, Gunnarsson has been carrying an injury for a long time and they were hoping it would not require surgery but now it might. At his age, you can't just keep going with injections before a game. It has to be rested, hence why him Doobs and Little cannot be rushed back

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 04 Mar 2008 10:09

Chuckle Brother
rfcjoe
Huntley & Palmer It doesn't say that at all :roll: He did pick up an injury against Villa in the last 15 minutes but does it really matter if he was injured or not? Rosenior came in and did a decent enough job and should not be replaced against Citeh

totally agree mate - should be in there for the rest of the season in fact!

Yep, irresepctive of performances between now and the end of the season he should be an autoatic choice after a decent performance away at Boro.

Most certainly not, if Rosenior has a couple of howlers then DLC or Bikey should get a chance.

Chuckle Brother

by Chuckle Brother » 04 Mar 2008 10:13

Pretty much my point.

Wax Jacket
Hob Nob Legend

by Wax Jacket » 04 Mar 2008 10:44

FWIW my reaction was probably what rfcjoe's was, although his message is somewhat garbled.

Murty wasn't injured, was dropped, but in a display of loyatly from Coppell the injury line was taken, announced to the world by Mrs Murty on BBC Radio Murty, sorry Berkshire.

It's Rosenior's place to lose but his failure to convince so far this season suggests we've not seen the end of Murty, who's been a fantastic servatn to the club, just yet.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 04 Mar 2008 12:29

Son of Len No conspiracy theory needed.

My cousin's husband used to play basketball in the NBA here in the States. One time (at least) in the twilight of his career he was listed as injured, although he clearly wasn't. In that case, the NBA team used the disabled list to store him (due to limits on teams' active rosters) in case he was needed.

I'm sure 2ww1wc's theory is spot on, although not conspiratorial, which gives the impression of underhandedness.

We don't have any daft rules to get round by making up injuries though so apart from protecting Murty's ego there would be nothing to be gained from making up a fake injury.

For what it's worth I think Murty is a big enough kind of guy to accept being dropped and wouldn't hide behind a fake injury, especially as his teammates would know it's a load of rubbish.

All the other players dropped took it on the chin and I don't see any reason why Murts would receive special treatment.

Mrs Butler
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Mrs Butler » 04 Mar 2008 12:35

the thing is coppell would have said if he was injured, he was saying he needed the strongest squad and players who think could rise to the challenge, need people young and fast.

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 04 Mar 2008 12:52

I think there was an element of self-preservation with Murty's 'injury'. He knows he's been playing poorly recently, probably second-guessed Coppell's team from training in the week and does suffer from hypochondriac tendancies.

All of which is completely immaterial as Rosenior came in and did an alright job against Downing. The defence kept a clean-sheet and deserve to start against Man City.