Re: Dave Kitson Tribute Thread

by Muskrat » 18 Jul 2008 20:53

Ledge.

That's it.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 18 Jul 2008 23:33

You f*cking judas c*nt I will always love you.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 18 Jul 2008 23:44

Lush

That's it.

coyrls

by coyrls » 19 Jul 2008 00:34

Well that's my two favourite players gone then; Little and Kitson. Please bring somebody who's not just a work horse in to brighten up the next season.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 19 Jul 2008 00:51

probably the hardest working striker we will have for a while. thanks for the goals you put in and be everything else.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 19 Jul 2008 02:13

Nearly forgiven for the pen miss against Sheff Utd could have been 108 points and 100 goals but I wil let you off! One of the best signings this club has ever made good luck Kits will miss ya.

Readingfc50

by Readingfc50 » 19 Jul 2008 02:37

Gutted, my favorite player

All the Best, will remember your goals at White Hart Lane the most

friday fan

by friday fan » 19 Jul 2008 02:49

I hope the Stoke fans appreciate what they are getting. Big Dave always gave his best for RFC and although I am sad to see him go I wish him good luck.

I guess now, Kitson 4 England will either have to change his addy or move to the Stoke board.

All the best Dave and thanks for the memories

Cripple Creek
Hob Nob Regular

by Cripple Creek » 19 Jul 2008 03:55

A wonderful player and, in my humble opinion, a terrible piece of business for Reading. It may be a lot of money for someone who has never been an international but even if we spend the same sum on another striker we won't get someone as good as the Kits.
Having said that I don't blame Coppell, Mr Mad or Kits. If he wanted to go he wanted to go and there's not much that can be done about it but a serious loss and I really think it will negatively affect our efforts to get back into the premiership - and if we don't, £5.5m is virtually irrelevant.
By the way, in the unlikely event that Dave Kitson does read this - thanks for the memories you were great for us and Stoke are a very, very lucky club. I have no doubt you will establish yourself as an excellent player in the premiership until you hang up your boots.

Bill Oddie's Beard

by Bill Oddie's Beard » 19 Jul 2008 05:33

I'm gutted, cos I loved kits. But saying that, I was 'in love' with Jamie Cureton, he moved on, and so did I, allegedly, I'm not gay, I just really, really liked him. Anyway, where was I, erm, :oops:

hutch

by hutch » 19 Jul 2008 07:34

Sorry to see Kits go. One of the better strikers we`ve had at RFC over the years, he`ll be a hard act to follow. Good luck in your future career Dave.

The Insider

by The Insider » 19 Jul 2008 08:09

I am not entirely sorry to see Kits go. I think this was clever business on the part of Hammond and Co, Stoke are desperate and £5.5m is exceptional money for a player of his age and body condition.

I also want to offer another supporting argument, do we really need a target man ?

We finished 8th two years ago , Kits spent almost the entire season out of the side, and Lita /Doyle/Long flourished as a result. We played fast counter-attacking football and teams struggled to cope with our invention. Yes we had Glen Little which I acknowledge (though even Glen did miss 1/3rd of our premier league games in the first season) , but we avoided the 'boot and hope' route one nonsense that Kitson invites when he's the big man up front. That was the main frustration for me last year. I understand that the Championship is a different brand of football (or at least was when we were in it) but I am not entirely convinced that a target man is imperative. A lot will depend on who we buy to fill the right wing and supplement the midfield.

Add to this that Kits had the capacity to upset his team mates off the field and I start to feel fairly confident that Copps has done a good bit of business here.

percy_freeman

by percy_freeman » 19 Jul 2008 08:19

Cripple Creek I have no doubt you will establish yourself as an excellent player in the premiership until you hang up your boots.

Or at least until Christmas. Congratulations on two succesive relegations and a house in the ****hole of England. PS Thanks for the 5 Milxxx

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 19 Jul 2008 10:25

The Insider I am not entirely sorry to see Kits go. I think this was clever business on the part of Hammond and Co, Stoke are desperate and £5.5m is exceptional money for a player of his age and body condition.

I also want to offer another supporting argument, do we really need a target man ?

We finished 8th two years ago , Kits spent almost the entire season out of the side, and Lita /Doyle/Long flourished as a result. We played fast counter-attacking football and teams struggled to cope with our invention. Yes we had Glen Little which I acknowledge (though even Glen did miss 1/3rd of our premier league games in the first season) , but we avoided the 'boot and hope' route one nonsense that Kitson invites when he's the big man up front. That was the main frustration for me last year. I understand that the Championship is a different brand of football (or at least was when we were in it) but I am not entirely convinced that a target man is imperative. A lot will depend on who we buy to fill the right wing and supplement the midfield.

Add to this that Kits had the capacity to upset his team mates off the field and I start to feel fairly confident that Copps has done a good bit of business here.

I think had Doyle or especially Lita had shown some level of form, people wouldn't be criticising our top scorer and nearest thing we had to a goal threat last season. If you want to look at failures in the attacking department last season, look at Leroy not at Kitson. If Leroy had played to any level of consistency or ability, we'd have played something more akin to last season.

That said, we also lost a large chunk of our midfield and width, so that is perhaps a more important factor.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 19 Jul 2008 10:39

A Reading legend.

My favourite player sence Mr Friday. A one-off like Friday. Inspirational, hard-working, entertaining, talismanic, unique, skilful, and very, very watchable. Great character. Great with the fans (thanks for the autographs, pictures, etc, Dave).

We'll going to miss you like mad but thanks for everything and all the very best for your future career.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 19 Jul 2008 11:26

Can anyone find the goals against West Ham he scored? He needs a decent tribute video.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 19 Jul 2008 11:37

All Good Things Come To An End.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 19 Jul 2008 11:43

Royalee Can anyone find the goals against West Ham he scored? He needs a decent tribute video.

Found this:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSJQICJ16Gg
:wink:

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 19 Jul 2008 11:45

Haha, I also stumbled upon that - I can't remember him missing many penalties though, that one and Sheff Utd away in the same season are the only ones which spring to mind...

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 19 Jul 2008 13:26

papereyes
The Insider I am not entirely sorry to see Kits go. I think this was clever business on the part of Hammond and Co, Stoke are desperate and £5.5m is exceptional money for a player of his age and body condition.

I think had Doyle or especially Lita had shown some level of form, people wouldn't be criticising our top scorer and nearest thing we had to a goal threat last season. If you want to look at failures in the attacking department last season, look at Leroy not at Kitson. If Leroy had played to any level of consistency or ability, we'd have played something more akin to last season.

That said, we also lost a large chunk of our midfield and width, so that is perhaps a more important factor.

There's a school of thought that says one of the reasons that Lita lost form was the presence of Kits in the team....... Those two especially did not get on at all. This move opens the door for Leroy to be a success at Reading.

157 posts