Reading FC podcasts

496 posts
WAZZOCK

Re: Reading FC podcasts

by WAZZOCK » 16 Nov 2016 22:27

Good listening to two senior people at the club in such a way.

Far too many fans are quick to slag off the club without them ever having a true voice. This was a good outlet for them.

Einstein agogo
Hob Nob Regular

by Einstein agogo » 09 Dec 2016 14:33

Wimb
Einstein agogo While we might have one of the best websites in football , the Tilehurst End Podcast is one of the most awful things I have ever heard. The Presenter is ok , but the amount of repetition and lack of fluidity in thought and speech from the guests is unbearable. You really should get someone to edit the show cos it drives me nuts.

Thanks for the feedback,

Always take it on board positive or negative.

I fully agree that some shows could use a good edit, and I'd love to be able to go through a full edit process, yet the timescales involved with getting the show to air often don't give you much time to do so.

Half the time we're recording late on a Monday night with a game often happening the next day. If we took the time to do a full edit, the show would be out of date by the time it went to air. We all have full-time jobs, so actually finding those extra hours to sit through and edit a show are pretty tricky. I'd love nothing more than to put out a polished, amazing, fluid show but unlike professional outlets we just don't have the capacity to do so in a timely manor.

It's a far from perfect show but we've never pretended it is, we just do the best we can with the limited time and facilities belonging to us. What I like to hope is that the actual content can make up for whatever audio flaws or presentation flaws we have. Even so, we'll strive to keep getting better and improving so the feedback is always welcome.

I could offer an editing service , should you so require.
This is a serious offer FOC , I'd also give you some examples of what i think is at fault. Your worst culprit is probably the most knowledgeable "pundit" I've ever heard , he knows every result going back forever. This makes me really respect him , but then he makes exactly the same comment over and over and over again and I end up hating everything he says.

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 24 Dec 2016 10:03

I sat down and spent two hours chatting with Jem Karacan for the podcast a few weeks ago, you can listen to part 1 here, with part 2 following in a week or so.

http://thetilehurstend.sbnation.com/201 ... -interview

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 24 Dec 2016 14:45

Really enjoyable interview with Jem wearing his heart on his sleeve.

Now I want Jem back in the squad and why not?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 24 Dec 2016 16:00

Wimb I sat down and spent two hours chatting with Jem Karacan for the podcast a few weeks ago, you can listen to part 1 here, with part 2 following in a week or so.

Thanks Wimb great service and generally interesting interviews you guys provide. Is there a general index of all the podcast interviews you've done or are the only ones those that are listed in this thread?

I presume all previous podcasts since you started are still available or have things older than a year been archived/deleted?

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 24 Dec 2016 20:01

Sutekh
Wimb I sat down and spent two hours chatting with Jem Karacan for the podcast a few weeks ago, you can listen to part 1 here, with part 2 following in a week or so.

Thanks Wimb great service and generally interesting interviews you guys provide. Is there a general index of all the podcast interviews you've done or are the only ones those that are listed in this thread?

I presume all previous podcasts since you started are still available or have things older than a year been archived/deleted?

Cheers!

An index of all of our interviews, some text, some audio can be found here.

http://thetilehurstend.sbnation.com/rea ... interviews

Most of the pods should be available on the feed, I'm not sure if there's an absolute limit though. If you find any missing, just email thetilehurstend@gmail.com and I should be able to send them over.

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 24 Dec 2016 21:25

Been looking forward to this since you announced it. Going to save them for flight entertainment next week. Cheers Wimb.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 28 Dec 2016 09:51

Fun first half of the interview, a nice reminder of how good it was to watch the club in those years,

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 28 Dec 2016 10:13

RG30 Fun first half of the interview, a nice reminder of how good it was to watch the club in those years,

you wouldn't know it from some of the ungrateful tw@ts in our fan base.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 29 Dec 2016 08:04

Any chance uploading part two by midday tomorrow ( for my commute to the stadium from Derby) :? :P

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 31 Dec 2016 10:22

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 31 Dec 2016 17:42

Superb listening. Would love to see him back at the club, he could really do a job with us. Played his best football under Adkins in a similar football philosophy.

sloughroyal123

by sloughroyal123 » 31 Dec 2016 18:10

Quality podcast, Jem has got to come back to Berkshire

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 06 Jan 2017 11:51

Wimb Cheers chaps.

Much appreciated, your fivers are in the post ;)

Have a look at his twitter account . Any inside knowledge Wimb? :? :shock:

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 06 Jan 2017 23:42

LoyalRoyal22 Superb listening. Would love to see him back at the club, he could really do a job with us. Played his best football under Adkins in a similar football philosophy.

Just as long as he was rested for any encounters with Leeds or Warnock-managed sides. I'd happily see him in the stands for those games .... armed with a sniper rifle. :lol:

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 27 Mar 2017 10:09

For those of you who don't listen regularly (although come on... give it a go) our latest interview special is up, as I chat to our Academy Manager Lee Herron.

http://thetilehurstend.sbnation.com/201 ... 1458770449

496 posts