BR Leaves Club

507 posts
RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BR Leaves Club

by RobRoyal » 16 Dec 2009 18:53

loyalroyal4life why give the job to a unproven champ manager in ferguson?

Agreed. We can't gamble again. Even someone boring as hell like Hart or Curbishley will do.

This is a big risk. I feel we would have avoided relegation with him, albeit not by much. Now it could go either way; significant improvement or a collapse that we can't recover from.

One positive is that JM has to back the new man with cash in Jan. He probably wouldn't have fancied letting BR have any more money.

Rax

by Rax » 16 Dec 2009 18:54

FiNeRaIn I'll write my full review later but in a nutshell im quite sad. Yes he did poorly, but its never nice to see someone with affection for the club and the area leave after a stint like that. All I can ask in the mean time is that people don't throw the childish insults around, accept that he gave 100% ( which I believe he did) for the club but simply came up short and wish him well.
I think a lot of what he did was mis-read and some was naivety from a young manager. Please remain respectful even though his time here was a failure.

Your best post ever - even I'll admit BR's intentions were good and he tried his best - I've sympathy for him, as I had with Terry - both tried really hard, but ultimately failed.

I'll not berate him any more, it's unfair to kick a man when he's down.

Best of luck BR.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 16 Dec 2009 18:54

Is Royalee crying?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Dec 2009 18:54

RoyalBlue First reaction was to go direct to the club website as I thought some Hob Nob IT genius must have done a fantastic job at creating a clone of the site with a spoof story! I was staggered to find it wasn't a wind up.

No doubt he will be paid well to keep quiet about what happened during his time with the club.

A shame really, because it would have been nice to have known whether he felt he had been stitched up like a kipper! 'Mutual consent' - Perhaps they mutually agreed that they would never be able to agree on the level of transfer funding required to save us from relegation/

Should be interesting to see what financial backing the next poor victim gets from a Chairman who has lost interest, wants out and therefore isn't keen to put any money into things. Personally I think the wrong person has walked. Still, the longer Madejski clings on, the more people will begin to spot a common theme.

oxf*rd me the only time you'll even suggest the club will part with a few coppers is to keep quiet about how much money was available. What a crock of shit.

Feel sorry for Rodgers, he talked himself up way to much and started apallingly. Never really had a chance from there. Best move for the club and him IMO. Wouldn't be aversed to him coming back in four of five years if he can prove himself elsewhere.

His ideas were all just a bit pie in the sky though.

Gotta move quickly for someone new now. Oh, and LOL at all those retards saying Madj wouldn't take action if it were needed.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 16 Dec 2009 18:54

Kingsley I have to say im actually pretty disappointed and feel for him! He was slowly turning things round and we had started to pick up a few points.

He never had a chance with all the changes made in the summer and the lack of backing from the board and long term I think he could have done a decent job.

All the best for the future Brendan!

Considering he arrived in mid-June, I would suggest he had every chance with all the changes made in the summer.

Thou Voice

by Thou Voice » 16 Dec 2009 18:54

Garath Southgate please...

Do You See? :shock:

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 16 Dec 2009 18:55

handbags_harris
T.R.O.L.I.
Royalee Madejski best have someone good lined up.

In all seriousness, who's available?

Darren Ferguson
Martin Allen

Is it beyond the realms of possibility to get Alan Curbishley? (My choice in the summer and my choice now).

I imagine Curbishley is holding out for a Premier League managers role - not too mention that WCBAP. But agree, h_h - I'd love Curbs as our manager.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 16 Dec 2009 18:55

Kingsley I have to say im actually pretty disappointed and feel for him! He was slowly turning things round and we had started to pick up a few points.

He never had a chance with all the changes made in the summer and the lack of backing from the board and long term I think he could have done a decent job.

All the best for the future Brendan!

I'd like to second all of that.

A decent man who will prove to be a very good manager. Might prove to be a far better move for him than it is for RFC.

Super Kevin Bremner!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Super Kevin Bremner! » 16 Dec 2009 18:55

RobRoyal
loyalroyal4life why give the job to a unproven champ manager in ferguson?

Agreed. We can't gamble again. Even someone boring as hell like Hart or Curbishley will do.

This is a big risk. I feel we would have avoided relegation with him, albeit not by much. Now it could go either way; significant improvement or a collapse that we can't recover from.

One positive is that JM has to back the new man with cash in Jan. He probably wouldn't have fancied letting BR have any more money.

Yeah Rasiak, Howard and McAnuff were awful signings weren't they.

M-U-R-T-Y
Hob Nob Regular

by M-U-R-T-Y » 16 Dec 2009 18:55

It's all Dellor's fault.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 16 Dec 2009 18:56

Pretty shocked by this tbh. If he was going to go then I guess it's better now than at the end of Jan, but it smacks of a panic decision so soon into his reign.

Perhaps there's more to it, who knows.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 16 Dec 2009 18:56

I thought this was a joke.
:o

Thames

by Thames » 16 Dec 2009 18:58

Just give the job to someone on a short term contract who can keep us in this league.

Rodgers is a sh1te manager but Madejski is the real problem.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 16 Dec 2009 18:58

Ian Royal
RoyalBlue First reaction was to go direct to the club website as I thought some Hob Nob IT genius must have done a fantastic job at creating a clone of the site with a spoof story! I was staggered to find it wasn't a wind up.

No doubt he will be paid well to keep quiet about what happened during his time with the club.

A shame really, because it would have been nice to have known whether he felt he had been stitched up like a kipper! 'Mutual consent' - Perhaps they mutually agreed that they would never be able to agree on the level of transfer funding required to save us from relegation/

Should be interesting to see what financial backing the next poor victim gets from a Chairman who has lost interest, wants out and therefore isn't keen to put any money into things. Personally I think the wrong person has walked. Still, the longer Madejski clings on, the more people will begin to spot a common theme.

oxf*rd me the only time you'll even suggest the club will part with a few coppers is to keep quiet about how much money was available. What a crock of shit.

Feel sorry for Rodgers, he talked himself up way to much and started apallingly. Never really had a chance from there. Best move for the club and him IMO. Wouldn't be aversed to him coming back in four of five years if he can prove himself elsewhere.

His ideas were all just a bit pie in the sky though.

Gotta move quickly for someone new now. Oh, and LOL at all those retards saying Madj wouldn't take action if it were needed.

You really want to try living in the real business world. They will be parting with far more than a few coppers on this separation agreement and I'd wager anything that it includes very stringent 'confidentiality' clauses. I'm sure there is plenty they would rather Rodgers' didn't give his views on.

Madejski has taken action but, once again, is it the right action?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Dec 2009 18:58

FiNeRaIn I'll write my full review later but in a nutshell im quite sad. Yes he did poorly, but its never nice to see someone with affection for the club and the area leave after a stint like that. All I can ask in the mean time is that people don't throw the childish insults around, accept that he gave 100% ( which I believe he did) for the club but simply came up short and wish him well.
I think a lot of what he did was mis-read and some was naivety from a young manager. Please remain respectful even though his time here was a failure.

Agree with this, in a way it could be quite a positive thing as he hasn't had long enough to be remembered with hatred, which would be terrible for a fan of the club.

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 16 Dec 2009 18:59

Maguire Perhaps there's more to it, who knows.

perhaps it really was mutual and he wasn't enjoying it any more.

Does seem odd though, as we did seem to have turned the corner to a degree after he stopped trying to play 4-3-3

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 16 Dec 2009 18:59

I hope Jose remains his friend.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 16 Dec 2009 19:00

winchester_royal Apologies addressed to w_r by Floyd please.

Unreserved one, you've gone up hugely in my estimation 8) .

Ps. ALOL
Pps. WoROFLLOLd cLOLass modeLOL
Ppps. ROFLeading FootbaLOLLOL CLOLub.

towserSL2crew

by towserSL2crew » 16 Dec 2009 19:00

Get someone in quick so he can get slagged off on Saturday night if we lose at Brizzle

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 16 Dec 2009 19:00

M-U-R-T-Y It's all Dellor's fault.

His best contribution ever then 8)

Sorry but the club needed a facelift and instead they got a yes man. It needed a Ferguson to come in, fresh ideas but with that touch of grit, not wanting to be everyone's mate. Curbishley is a shout, if we go for the experienced route but for me Ferguson is the stand out man. His signings have been too hit and miss with a limitied budget, the tactics and selections lets say questionable, and obviously the results dire.

I would love if not Fergie jnr then Parky to come in and galvanise the club but with Charlton doing well I doubt that'll happen. Do think it's the best decision for the club at this time.

507 posts