Referee

KEITH STROUD

Linesmen

W Linden
EB Mackrell

4th Official

JP Magill

Spectrum is Red

Just when you thought it was safe to come out after ex-Premier starlet Andy D'Urso....

Keith is one of the cardier referees it seems with an average of 3.3 yellows a game in a 6 year career since he made the league list. He seems about average in waving the reds about though having sent off 33 players during his 190 game run so far.

Keith also made the Premier League list of refs while we were there and took charge of a couple of our games including the 6-4 at Spurs where some people questioned his decision making following Defoe's penalty.

So I think we can be fairly sure that given Mr Stroud's favourite colour being red (he's sent off 8 in 21 games this season (and even got his average up to 1 every other game when he sent Mills off at Doncaster)) and our history at Portman Road that we will have a player sent off on Saturday.

Reading history...

Reading 3-1 Swansea City 23rd Aug 2005 (LC)
Reading 2-1 Preston North End 25th Feb 2006
Reading 2-1 Wigan Athletic 22nd Sep 2007
Spurs 6-4 Reading 29th Dec 2007
Doncaster 1-2 Reading 6th Feb 2010

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Refwatch: Ipswich Town v Reading

by handbags_harris » 30 Mar 2010 07:54

Questionable and potentially key decisions in four of those five games he's reffed us.

Swansea - First experience of Mr Stroud and my impression was that he was a frustrating referee. Sent off Ijah Andersen for Swansea.
Preston - failed to even award a free kick to Reading after Carlo Nash had gone in dangerously on Kitson, leading to Kitson leaving the pitch with concussion. Any other player on the pitch goes in like that they get sent off. I cannot, and never will, get my head around that one and how he deemed it acceptable play.
Wigan - awarded a penalty a minute after the opener (despite Ingimarsson not moving from the spot where he'd committed the foul) only for the linesman to insist a free kick was the correct decision (which was proven right).
Spurs - that Defoe penalty.
Doncaster - generally ok from what I remember, although the Mills handball was a tad harsh. The linesman gave it though. Maybe he's improved? I won't hold my breath...

Elmer Park

by Elmer Park » 30 Mar 2010 09:56

I have never been a fan of Mr Stroud especially after the Defoe goal against us in the Premiership but in his defence he did not in the end referee our game at Doncaster as the shaven headed Anthony Taylor stood in at the last minute although I know the change of referee was not noted by many of the media.

One thing I can never quite understand is that Mr Stroud has of course been struck off the Select Group list meaning that the powers that be consider he is not good enough to referee Premier League matches but that he can be trusted with Football League matches which presumably are seen as unimportant. Never quite understand that one just as when they punish Premier League refs for making a bad error by giving them a Football League game the following week - how does that work ?

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 30 Mar 2010 16:30

Keith ("Hey! You! Get Off Of My") Stroud

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 31 Mar 2010 12:59

handbags_harris Doncaster - generally ok from what I remember, although the Mills handball was a tad harsh. The linesman gave it though. Maybe he's improved? I won't hold my breath...

elmer Park I have never been a fan of Mr Stroud especially after the Defoe goal against us in the Premiership but in his defence he did not in the end referee our game at Doncaster as the shaven headed Anthony Taylor stood in at the last minute although I know the change of referee was not noted by many of the media.

So, that at least explains the perceived improvement at Doncaster then....

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 01 Apr 2010 06:43

Keith (Higham and) Stroud

W Linden(B Johnson)
EB (a) Mackrell

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 01 Apr 2010 13:50

RoyalChicagoFC Keith ("Hey! You! Get Off Of My") Stroud

:shock:

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 01 Apr 2010 14:10

Keith "Louden" Stroud III

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 01 Apr 2010 19:40

Barry the bird boggler
handbags_harris Doncaster - generally ok from what I remember, although the Mills handball was a tad harsh. The linesman gave it though. Maybe he's improved? I won't hold my breath...

elmer Park I have never been a fan of Mr Stroud especially after the Defoe goal against us in the Premiership but in his defence he did not in the end referee our game at Doncaster as the shaven headed Anthony Taylor stood in at the last minute although I know the change of referee was not noted by many of the media.

So, that at least explains the perceived improvement at Doncaster then....

Indeed, I remember that now. I'd forgotten about the late change.

BenReadingFC
Hob Nob Regular

by BenReadingFC » 02 Apr 2010 01:36

handbags_harris Questionable and potentially key decisions in four of those five games he's reffed us.

Swansea - First experience of Mr Stroud and my impression was that he was a frustrating referee. Sent off Ijah Andersen for Swansea.
Preston - failed to even award a free kick to Reading after Carlo Nash had gone in dangerously on Kitson, leading to Kitson leaving the pitch with concussion. Any other player on the pitch goes in like that they get sent off. I cannot, and never will, get my head around that one and how he deemed it acceptable play.
Wigan - awarded a penalty a minute after the opener (despite Ingimarsson not moving from the spot where he'd committed the foul) only for the linesman to insist a free kick was the correct decision (which was proven right).
Doncaster - generally ok from what I remember, although the Mills handball was a tad harsh. The linesman gave it though. Maybe he's improved? I won't hold my breath...

How the oxf*rd do you remember this stuff. My memory is shot to pieces. I blame Mandela and other sources.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 02 Apr 2010 17:55

BenReadingFC How the oxf*rd do you remember this stuff. My memory is shot to pieces. I blame Mandela and other sources.

I have, when it comes to football, a brain like an ultra-sponge. The things I see are just absorbed into memory and tend to stick there. I'll be talking about this shit when I'm 87 and in my bed with Alzheimers, but of course I won't remember what I had for dinner that day.

Actually, that's not too dissimilar to the way I am currently :|

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 03 Apr 2010 22:03

handbags_harris Questionable and potentially key decisions in four of those five games he's reffed us.

How prescient Handbags.

Keith Stroud can officially fcuk off - even worse than D'Urso and that's saying something.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 03 Apr 2010 22:05

small man syndrome

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 04 Apr 2010 07:16

2 games running and 2 totally hopeless officials.

Unlike last week's plonker though (seeing no offences when they happen) this one sees offences where there are none, perhaps if you could merge them into one ref we might all be better off.

Completely and utterly useless for both sides, blatent Ipswich penalty ignored (and managed to book their player), Mills harshly treated, more kicking and wrestling of our players ignored.

Please god let Stroud be 47 this year.

bagman

by bagman » 04 Apr 2010 13:47

Just knew what it was going to be like when the dwarf referee did high 5's with the 4th official before the start!

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 04 Apr 2010 21:45

T.R.O.L.I.

How prescient Handbags.

Keith Stroud can officially fcuk off - even worse than D'Urso and that's saying something.

Well, what can I say? Does he qualify for Clive Wilkes/Barry Knight status yet?

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 05 Apr 2010 12:11

handbags_harris
T.R.O.L.I.

How prescient Handbags.

Well, what can I say? Does he qualify for Clive Wilkes/Barry Knight status yet?

I think he'd already earned it due to the game I've left in the quotes above - that "challenge" was tantamount to GBH and, like you, I still can't understand how Nsh stayed on the pitch.

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 05 Apr 2010 19:07

I wonder if there was an assessor at this match and what he made of the efficiency(!?) of his display.

The game has become more frenetic in recent years but it is difficult to see how some modern referees are able to 'read' the game - a notable exception being Chris Foy.

18 posts   •   Page 1 of 1