Alternative to STAR?

14 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Addict
Location: and you know that I feel out of place until i'm levered off my face

Alternative to STAR?

by Winston Biscuit » 19 Feb 2018 14:50

Not knocking STAR, they have done a great job at times, but understandably not everyone agrees with their position all the time and I wondered if it might be useful for fans to have an alternative voice.

Was wondering how many people would be interested in an alternative to STAR?

Reading Supporters Voice

^for when fans disagree with STAR's position on something and want to make sure their views are put across to the club

Old Man Andrews
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Alternative to STAR?

by Old Man Andrews » 19 Feb 2018 15:57

Winston Biscuit wrote:Not knocking STAR, they have done a great job at times, but understandably not everyone agrees with their position all the time and I wondered if it might be useful for fans to have an alternative voice.

Reading Supporters Voice

^for when fans disagree with STAR's position on something and want to make sure their views are put across to the club

Saw something on Twitter earlier by the Reading FC Change Group. Not sure who they are or how legit it is though. They seem to be massively against STAR.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Biscuit » 19 Feb 2018 16:02

Old Man Andrews wrote:
Winston Biscuit wrote:Not knocking STAR, they have done a great job at times, but understandably not everyone agrees with their position all the time and I wondered if it might be useful for fans to have an alternative voice.

Reading Supporters Voice

Saw something on Twitter earlier by the Reading FC Change Group. Not sure who they are or how legit it is though. They seem to be massively against STAR.

Thanks I will go take a look.

I am not hugely against STAR btw, but it would be madness to think they represent every fans views so a secondary group make sense

LWJ
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by LWJ » 19 Feb 2018 17:22

Winston Biscuit wrote:
Old Man Andrews wrote:

Reading Supporters Voice

I am not hugely against STAR btw, but it would be madness to think they represent every fans views so a secondary group make sense

Wouldn't waste your time - this is a group which was formed as a troll from what I can tell. Some of their suggestions so far have been to invade the pitch to protest, through rubber eggs on the pitch and unfortunately the list goes on...

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Biscuit » 19 Feb 2018 17:29

LWJ wrote:
Winston Biscuit wrote:
Old Man Andrews wrote:

Wouldn't waste your time - this is a group which was formed as a troll from what I can tell. Some of their suggestions so far have been to invade the pitch to protest, through rubber eggs on the pitch and unfortunately the list goes on...

wtf is a rubber egg?

Old Man Andrews
Hob Nob Regular

by Old Man Andrews » 19 Feb 2018 17:49

LWJ wrote:
Winston Biscuit wrote:
Old Man Andrews wrote:

Ugh half term has a lot to answer for.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 20 Feb 2018 14:52

Reading Supporters Voice

Put forward a mission statement and see who agrees with you.

Will you look into laying on travel to away games too?

Green
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Green » 20 Feb 2018 15:25

+1, The cornerstone of any supporter's organisation needs to be coaches and packed teas.

If you get that right, the rest will follow.

Green
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Green » 20 Feb 2018 15:29

I would say though, that given how little the supporter's voice is listened to these days - it might be better to at least present a united front on the issues you can get a consensus on. Otherwise, you're just another opinion that's even easier to ignore.

Away from the politics though I'd like to see a return to the days of yore when supporter's clubs were predominantly a social (and, let's face it - alcohol) led function.
The other traditional function was that of organising expat meetups (Northern Royals / Bournemouth Royals et al - remember them?) but I guess this is more easily done in an informal way over the internet these days.

Green
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Green » 20 Feb 2018 15:43

The meating up board is basically a roll call of expat groups past.

Old Man Andrews
Hob Nob Regular

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Feb 2018 15:44

Green wrote:I would say though, that given how little the supporter's voice is listened to these days - it might be better to at least present a united front on the issues you can get a consensus on. Otherwise, you're just another opinion that's even easier to ignore.

Away from the politics though I'd like to see a return to the days of yore when supporter's clubs were predominantly a social (and, let's face it - alcohol) led function.
The other traditional function was that of organising expat meetups (Northern Royals / Bournemouth Royals et al - remember them?) but I guess this is more easily done in an informal way over the internet these days.

I think something that badly affects that feel of a supporters club/initiative is the complete lack of pub near to the ground. I think if we had that dedicated "home pub" supporters could mingle before and after the game and discuss team affairs at length over a pint.

Green
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Green » 23 Feb 2018 10:35

Winston Biscuit wrote:when fans disagree with STAR's position on something and want to make sure their views are put across to the club

Are these "fans" you speak of not able or willing to contact the club directly?

seahawk10
Hob Nob Addict
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 17 Mar 2018 00:10

I will RSVP to RSV

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 25 Mar 2018 18:21

Green wrote:I would say though, that given how little the supporter's voice is listened to these days

Was this comment related to Jaap Stam, or something wider?

14 posts   •   Page 1 of 1