FAO Hobnob

146 posts
Green
Hob Nob Legend

FAO Hobnob

by Green » 05 Sep 2012 12:35

starliaison I am sure a lot on here will not sympathise but it is the posts such as many on this thread that is the reason the rest of the STAR Board are not willing to post on here. There are not enough masochists on the Board to take on the constant abuse and negativity here.

There will be efforts to communicate elsewhere in the RFC universe but not here.

Can the STAR forum of this site be closed with immediate effect :?:

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

Re: FAO Hobnob

by ZacNaloen » 05 Sep 2012 12:36

Close down their user accounts as well. They don't like us, and we certainly don't like them.

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

by Alexander Litvinenko » 05 Sep 2012 12:38

Green
starliaison I am sure a lot on here will not sympathise but it is the posts such as many on this thread that is the reason the rest of the STAR Board are not willing to post on here. There are not enough masochists on the Board to take on the constant abuse and negativity here.

There will be efforts to communicate elsewhere in the RFC universe but not here.

Can the STAR forum of this site be closed with immediate effect :?:

If it is some of it needs to be kept for posterity. Going back a few years to when STAR used to engage with HNA there is some useful stuff there.

akranes
Hob Nob Regular

by akranes » 05 Sep 2012 12:39

This all seems a bit too much...
we just need an assassin
Last edited by akranes on 05 Sep 2012 12:51, edited 1 time in total.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 05 Sep 2012 12:44

OK just locked then will do.

It'll be like Board Announcements.

moonwalklikebas

by moonwalklikebas » 05 Sep 2012 12:44

STAR is not the same organisation it was!
Its become billy big time full of try hard individuals who all think they are the bond between club and fans worldwide.
Where in truth it is a group of try hard individuals who use there connections and power with the club to help a select few.

Star needs to be shut down and re started with a fresh bunch of people who have the fans at the very forefront of everything they do. The current star are a family, where its hard to make a difference. In other trusts every single fan, no matter how young, old, new or diehard can have a say.

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular

by Alexander Litvinenko » 05 Sep 2012 12:46

moonwalklikebas Star needs to be shut down and re started with a fresh bunch of people who have the fans at the very forefront of everything they do. The current star are a family, where its hard to make a difference. In other trusts every single fan, no matter how young, old, new or diehard can have a say.

Join up and make it happen, then. It's a democracy, after all.

Royal Biscuitman
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal Biscuitman » 05 Sep 2012 12:48

starliaison There will be efforts to communicate elsewhere in the RFC universe but not here.
Annual newsletter?

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 05 Sep 2012 12:49

It's as democratic as FIFA.

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular

by Alexander Litvinenko » 05 Sep 2012 12:54

As an IPS it has a legal (and verified) obligation to be democratic, and it does this completely.

But it represents its members, as any membership organisation does.

Just because there are a whole lot of people who want the benefits of representation as a right, without being prepared to put anything at all in (even a relatively small sum like £10 a year) doesn't make it undemocratic.

If people want to change it then join it and change it - but sitting on the sidelines sniping whilst saying "I'm not joining because they don't represent me" is a frankly pathetic argument.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 05 Sep 2012 13:05

Personally not bothered about STAR - just a group of people who enjoy being on committees and detailing minutes as far as I can tell.

Not entirely sure what they do beyond run some buses but I don't think it really has any relevance to me as your average punter looking to watch a bit of football and drink a beer once a fortnight.

Oh actually I think I remember they once paid for Jamie Cureton to have an actual star or something. That was good :?

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 05 Sep 2012 13:06

Forgot to say - delete the forum. This starliaison bloke clearly isn't interested in this website so why should this website be interested in them.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 05 Sep 2012 13:13

Agreed, we have a forum dedicated to an organisation that says it won't communicate with us. Delete it.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 05 Sep 2012 13:19

6 years ago when I moved up North, I enquired about joining STAR EXiles. I'm still waiting for a response. How can you join and make a difference from within when they don't appear to be interested.

STAR comes across as a clique interested in little more than maintaining the status quo and happy to receive a patronising pat on the back by the club once in a while. Not saying that's how it is, just saying that in my experience, it has a serious problem with its image and perception within the wider fan base. These taking your ball and running off home antics don't do anything to dispel that impression either.

Stooper
Hob Nob Regular

by Stooper » 05 Sep 2012 13:26

STAR are like the kids on Twatter who claim to be ITK.

Self-back pats all round while not actually doing anything.

Had been a paying member for several years and as of OCt 2011, had to even receive the newsletter. Membership Cancelled.

Mickey Mouse Club held more credibility, but STAR should borrow their name

Esteban

by Esteban » 05 Sep 2012 13:37

Alexander Litvinenko As an IPS it has a legal (and verified) obligation to be democratic, and it does this completely.

Just because there are a whole lot of people who want the benefits of representation as a right, without being prepared to put anything at all in (even a relatively small sum like £10 a year) doesn't make it undemocratic.

If people want to change it then join it and change it - but sitting on the sidelines sniping whilst saying "I'm not joining because they don't represent me" is a frankly pathetic argument.

A fair point, but equally, STAR claims to represent all Reading fans and clearly doesn't. As an organisation, shouldn't they be trying harder to engage with those dislike them, rather than cutting them off completely?

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular

by Alexander Litvinenko » 05 Sep 2012 13:43

Esteban
Alexander Litvinenko As an IPS it has a legal (and verified) obligation to be democratic, and it does this completely.

Esteban A fair point, but equally, STAR claims to represent all Reading fans and clearly doesn't.

This might be down to semantics. Much of what they do benefits all Reading fans, and they are open to all Reading fans to join - but after that it's down to intepretation. One thing's clear - if they don't, no-one else does so they're the closest to representing all Reading fans there is.

Esteban As an organisation, shouldn't they be trying harder to engage with those dislike them, rather than cutting them off completely?
[/quote]
Absolutely, yes.

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 05 Sep 2012 13:45

With respect Dirkers, I don't think you get it. If you think something:

- won't represent you
- is elitist
- is self-promotional
- is occasionally embarrasing
- supports the clapper/rumblestix/music after goals breed of fans that is out of touch with many traditional football fans

then to suggest that people are being 'pathetic' if they don't join it and change it from the inside seems waaay out of touch to me.
And it really isn't about the tenner.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 05 Sep 2012 13:48

What's the alternative then, Rouge?

Esteban

by Esteban » 05 Sep 2012 13:55

Alexander Litvinenko
Esteban

Esteban A fair point, but equally, STAR claims to represent all Reading fans and clearly doesn't.

This might be down to semantics. Much of what they do benefits all Reading fans, and they are open to all Reading fans to join - but after that it's down to interpretation. One thing's clear - if they don't, no-one else does so they're the closest to representing all Reading fans there is.

Agreed.

146 posts