STAR Liaison is back

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

STAR Liaison is back

by STAR Liaison » 20 Feb 2014 14:42

Hello, I’m the new STAR Liaison. As has recently been pointed out on another thread it’s been a while since we’ve been around the corridors of HobNob. I’ve come on board since the last upset / fracas / contretemps and subsequent period of quiet and I hope that those by-gones can be by-gones.

The point of STAR Liaison is to let this community know what we’re doing in terms of policies and events so it can join in or ignore us as it pleases.

Several STAR Board members do regularly read the main forums on HobNob, as you’d hope and expect, and do take into account the information and sentiment posted here.

If posters here want to make specific requests of STAR then please email us at info@star-reading.org with your real name (which we won’t reveal in any subsequent postings). STAR Liaison isn’t able to act as a 24/7 response and helpline unit or at least not until our membership gets to 100,000.

Royal Biscuitman
Hob Nob Regular

Re: STAR Liaison is back

by Royal Biscuitman » 21 Feb 2014 09:34

starliaison Hello, I’m the new STAR Liaison.

Hello new STAR Liaison

Some questions:

1. What happened to the Old STAR Liaison? - Did you hack his/her account?
2. Shouldn't your title be HNA? Liaison since I assume you are a STAR board member who is liaising with HNA? as opposed to a HNA? member who is liaising with STAR... although the very fact that you are posting on HNA? does make you a HNA? member as well, so now I'm confusing myself. Also, please note: I've used the term HNA? and not hobnob as I don't want hobnob's wife reads this and gets the wrong idea about these liaisons.
3. Red or Blue bounty bars?.... please be clear whether your response is your own or that of the STAR Board (insert tedious ship direction related joke) and it's members.

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 21 Feb 2014 11:08

Thank you for showing an interest!

Old STAR Liaison lives on but elsewhere. The account was democratically transitioned to me after an arduous selection process.

I would dearly like to be 'STAR Liaison' rather than just 'starliaison' but changing a username is beyond me. Technically of course you're right - it should be HNA Liaison but there again it wouldn't be instantly clear who was doing the liaison-ing.

I don't like Bounty bars full stop and I believe I have the freedom to say so.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 21 Feb 2014 14:06

Could I suggest HNA-STAR-Liaison (or Us-Them-Liaison which might make a few nobbers happier at least).

Why don't you like bounty bars, I think we should understand whether your point of view on the matter is valid or a little cranky.

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 21 Feb 2014 14:20

Perhaps once we have half a dozen reasonable suggestions - and your is, don't get me wrong, the first one that is - I can construct a poll.

RE Bounty: it's the coconut that's the issue, not the chocolate. The ads I'm sold on, the taste not so much.

Turns8
Hob Nob Regular

by Turns8 » 22 Feb 2014 09:22

Can you confirm that you will be slightly more approachable than your previous incumbents and actually share worthwhile information with this board, after you have trawled the board and taken what you want from it...

Or is it still going to be a case of STAR being a selective group of the most loyal 'fans' :roll: and unless you pay your membership :roll: you can't hear all about your little secrets...which 9/10 turn out to be widely known anyway!!!...if this is the case then you may as well just stick to what you are good at...ie organising coaches!!! :mrgreen:

Here's some questions for you...as we haven't heard from you in months and there are several issues which the HNA massive are chomping at the bit to criticise your views on, being you are the 'voice' of all fans etc...

1) What is STAR's take on the Safe Standing debate...are you in support of the club?
2) Do STAR feel that SJM re-taking control of club will speed up or slow down the sale?
and why not be more open about what you do...
3) You write articles in the programme every home game...why don't you then post the article on here for everyone to see?...I don't think any fan buys a programme just to read your articles, so programme sales are unlikely to suffer as a result of you posting articles etc... :roll: but it would give you more profile on here...

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 24 Feb 2014 09:32

Reply to Turns8

1. STAR has been in support of safe standing like forever. There is a policy* on our website dated 2009 on this. We re-iterated our support for this in our programme notes on 1st Jan 2014 and again referred to the issue in our notes for Saturday's game. We are in favour because a) it gives fans a choice and b) it would separate those who want to stand from those who don't or can't. We're pleased to see that RFC are now supporting the further investigation into the issue.

2. Pass - I believe the search for new investment carries on unabated.

3. Fair point which I will take up with the STAR Board. In mitigation I would say the content is sometimes less than earth-shattering and that the key points are sometimes reproduced on the STAR website in the news section. FYI Saturday's column, besides noting the progress on safe standing and advertising the Quiz on 26 Feb at Jazz Café, 7.30pm (see next thread) also alerted readers to Richard Scudamore's kite-flying of a Premier League B idea, made up largely of under 21 sides with Cat 1 Academies which would play on Saturdays and possibly be on TV.
* www.star-reading.org go to About STAR and look for the link to Policies.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 08 Mar 2014 11:24

Having let "by-gone be by-gones" are you now stating that, in fact, STAR are wishing to converse with us on here and will take into account any criticisms that might be aimed at you? What do STAR think of the debacle involving AZ and TSI which STAR seemed to be all for, even though a number of people on here had grave reservations about it?

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 10 Mar 2014 13:06

Royal Lady Having let "by-gone be by-gones" are you now stating that, in fact, STAR are wishing to converse with us on here and will take into account any criticisms that might be aimed at you? What do STAR think of the debacle involving AZ and TSI which STAR seemed to be all for, even though a number of people on here had grave reservations about it?

To the first question - I think that's a rather liberal interpretation of my original post but let's see how it goes.

To the second question - I don't know the history of all that (on HNA). I believe there are people working hard to sort out the ownership issue and STAR thinks it's more helpful to let them get on with it rather than offer a speculative running commentary on their progress to date.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 10 Mar 2014 13:12

A-Ha!! I think I know who you are now! :wink:

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 11 Mar 2014 16:19

It's not Dirk is it :?:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 12 Mar 2014 08:56

Not if it's the ex nobber I think it is - who is their media guy - but could* be wrong

* almost certainly

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 14 Mar 2014 15:12

Turns8 3) You write articles in the programme every home game...why don't you then post the article on here for everyone to see?...I don't think any fan buys a programme just to read your articles, so programme sales are unlikely to suffer as a result of you posting articles etc... :roll: but it would give you more profile on here...

Right, you've made a good point and we've come to some kind of solution on this.

We will post the articles on the STAR website after each game (within a day or two). This will start after the Barnsley game. We'll keep the latest 2 or 3 articles up at a time and delete earlier ones as we go.

In order to save you the faff of going to the STAR website and feeling unrewarded by the subject of the article I will endeavour to give you a quick heads-up on what the article is about and the link to it so you can chose to go, if your appetite is suitably whetted.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 19 Mar 2014 01:37

Hard to find anything to criticise so far (new)starliaison.

I assume STAR has no more of a scoobie-doo what was behind Anton's disappearing act than anyone else?

What's STAR's thoughts on West Berks Brewery being trialed, could you make any representations to make it a permanent fixture? Preferably with more beer available so it doesn't run out as quickly and, *gasp*, the possibility of them having a selection rather than just GOB (maybe bring a few crates of bottles that can be decanted into the plastic cups, or rotating the beer on offer? And perhaps some seating. And a bigger tent. I appreciate that there are existing caterers with a more expensive and far inferior product who may feel (justifiably) threatened.

I don't want much.

Royal Biscuitman
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal Biscuitman » 19 Mar 2014 09:47

Royal Lady A-Ha!! I think I know who you are now! :wink:
starliaison Hello, I’m the new STAR Liaison.
Royal Lady Hi Jay
:shock:

Royal Biscuitman
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal Biscuitman » 19 Mar 2014 09:53

starliaison We will post the articles on the STAR website after each game (within a day or two). This will start after the Barnsley game. We'll keep the latest 2 or 3 articles up at a time and delete earlier ones as we go.
Unless webspace is in short supply, might it be worth keeping all old articles on the site.... So much internet information is lost to history.... Is there a STAR historian who collates these?

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 19 Mar 2014 10:41

^^^^
The advice I had was not to clutter the site up with this.

Yes, it's all recorded somewhere but it's not exactly the Dead Sea Scrolls in terms of value.

However I will make a request that any article I think is of particular value be kept up there for a longer time. Others are welcome to make requests for retention too.

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 19 Mar 2014 10:57

Ian Royal Hard to find anything to criticise so far (new)starliaison.

I assume STAR has no more of a scoobie-doo what was behind Anton's disappearing act than anyone else?

What's STAR's thoughts on West Berks Brewery being trialed, could you make any representations to make it a permanent fixture? Preferably with more beer available so it doesn't run out as quickly and, *gasp*, the possibility of them having a selection rather than just GOB (maybe bring a few crates of bottles that can be decanted into the plastic cups, or rotating the beer on offer? And perhaps some seating. And a bigger tent. I appreciate that there are existing caterers with a more expensive and far inferior product who may feel (justifiably) threatened.

I don't want much.

Re: Anton - no idea. Ask again in about 3-5 years time when I expect we'll have a better idea.

Re: West Berks Brewery - have to say I was disappointed not to see it last Saturday, having arranged to meet someone there. Failure to read the small print on my part apparently. I believe it was a great success and hopefully not too successful for its own good. Mr Chubb and his lunchtime bitter might be an appropriate addition. We will make representations re permanent fixture - but not for midweek matches??

Re: Seating - I'm no chemist but I believe the combustible element in this sequence is item number 4. "Men - open air - strong drink - plastic furniture - water cannon - disgrace." Seriously, there are safety issues about moveable tables and seating in football stadia, hence no seating in the concourses.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 20 Mar 2014 16:17

Are you good at "cooking"? :wink:

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 21 Mar 2014 09:36

Royal Lady Are you good at "cooking"? :wink:

I don't wish to appear rude by not replying but :?