If you don't join STAR ...

16 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

If you don't join STAR ...

by STAR Liaison » 06 Jul 2017 17:29

... you can still follow what we do by registering for our regular email STAR Bulletin (contact media@star-reading.org)

... you can still follow the notes of our regular meetings with Club Senior Management which are posted on our website

... you can still ask to be represented by STAR if you get into bother with the club / football authorities

... you can still come, free, to our Hall of Fame event if you register by email (subject to space availability)

... you can still enter our STAR Predictor competition for cash prizes of £150-£50, but it'll cost you £5

But obviously we'd rather you did join and support your Supporters' Trust.

Jim Royal

Re: If you don't join STAR ...

by Jim Royal » 01 Aug 2017 11:33

Have member numbers for STAR increased or declined over the last few seasons? I'd be interested to know.

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 01 Aug 2017 12:06

Jim Royal Have member numbers for STAR increased or declined over the last few seasons? I'd be interested to know.

The season-by-season variation in membership numbers is largely driven by the interest in / success of the team.

For instance in 2006-07, our first PL season, we were at nearly 4000 (the 2nd biggest Trust in England at the time!). Last season we were up about 15% on the season before, at nearly 1900 members.

Having said that the long-term underlying trend is of gradual increase. We already have more members for 2017-18 - before a ball is kicked - than we (as the old RFSC) had in the entire 1998-99 season.

Jim Royal

by Jim Royal » 02 Aug 2017 15:02

Thanks for your response. Good to hear people are still signing up.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 03 Aug 2017 11:19

Do you have stats on how many STAR members use the supporter coaches during the season? - I imagine there is a high correlation between the two and that coach travel is driving membership.

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 03 Aug 2017 14:24

Forbury Lion Do you have stats on how many STAR members use the supporter coaches during the season? - I imagine there is a high correlation between the two and that coach travel is driving membership.

Yes we do. Don't have last season's too hand but in the 15-16 season it was something like 50% didn't use the coach once. Whatever the exact figure was, the % of members not using the coaches was higher than we expected.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 03 Aug 2017 14:47

STAR Liaison
Forbury Lion Do you have stats on how many STAR members use the supporter coaches during the season? - I imagine there is a high correlation between the two and that coach travel is driving membership.

Yes we do. Don't have last season's too hand but in the 15-16 season it was something like 50% didn't use the coach once. Whatever the exact figure was, the % of members not using the coaches was higher than we expected.
That's higher than I expected too, which is great news I guess as clearly they are joining STAR for reasons other than travel.

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 03 Aug 2017 19:04

Yes it is good news that people join STAR for other reasons than travel, but that is still the number one reason given to join in our last member survey.

Sebastian the Red

by Sebastian the Red » 19 Aug 2017 20:18

STAR Liaison ... you can still ask to be represented by STAR if you get into bother with the club / football authorities

Do you have a legal panel you use/consult?

As many on here know, I'm a criminal barrister. As much as I despise football, football fans, and Reading Football Club, I might be able to help, even in an informal basis, if any fans need anything.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 19 Aug 2017 23:12

Sebastian the Red
STAR Liaison ... you can still ask to be represented by STAR if you get into bother with the club / football authorities

As many on here know, I'm a criminal barrister. As much as I despise football, football fans, and Reading Football Club, I might be able to help, even in an informal basis, if any fans need anything.

even ON an informal basis

I blame Blair for sending so many of the working classes to Uni, well that and the demise of the Grammar school system.

Sebastian the Red

by Sebastian the Red » 20 Aug 2017 05:54

72 bus
Sebastian the Red

even ON an informal basis

I blame Blair for sending so many of the working classes to Uni, well that and the demise of the Grammar school system.

I blame autocorrect and typing too quickly on a phone.

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 21 Aug 2017 10:04

Sebastian the Red

Well, with a CV like that above, so full of passion, how could we say no! At the moment, thankfully, we have only a couple of cases a season and a very experienced individual willing and able to cover these. But your kind offer will not go unforgotten.

Incidentally there is an agreed protocol (between STAR and the Club) for the representation of supporters in dispute which you may be able to find on the websites of each.

Sebastian the Red

by Sebastian the Red » 21 Aug 2017 10:33

STAR Liaison
Sebastian the Red

Well, with a CV like that above, so full of passion, how could we say no! At the moment, thankfully, we have only a couple of cases a season and a very experienced individual willing and able to cover these. But your kind offer will not go unforgotten.

Incidentally there is an agreed protocol (between STAR and the Club) for the representation of supporters in dispute which you may be able to find on the websites of each.

Here if you need me.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 22 Aug 2017 21:19

Sebastian the Red

As many on here know, I'm a criminal barrister.

this is the first I've heard of it....etc

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 24 Aug 2017 13:24

Sebastian the Red I'm a criminal barrister
Just to be clear, Are you:

1. A barrister who has a criminal record and/or partakes in criminal activities
2. A barrister who works for criminals
3. A barrister who either defends or prosecutes those charged with criminal activity
4. A barista who makes coffee for criminals and doesn't know how to spell barista
5. Ian Royal

Sebastian the Red

by Sebastian the Red » 24 Aug 2017 13:28

Forbury Lion
Sebastian the Red I'm a criminal barrister
Just to be clear, Are you:

1. A barrister who has a criminal record and/or partakes in criminal activities
2. A barrister who works for criminals
3. A barrister who either defends or prosecutes those charged with criminal activity
4. A barista who makes coffee for criminals and doesn't know how to spell barista
5. Ian Royal

2 and 3

16 posts   •   Page 1 of 1