STAR Exiles - Overview

STAR Voice

STAR Exiles - Overview

by STAR Voice » 26 Apr 2006 14:23

FYI, this is an overview of STAR's exiles :

For those Reading supporters who live away from the town, whether North or South, UK or Abroad, then STAR Exiles is for you. We aim to cater for all Royals fans from all over the country and keep them in touch with the latest news from the Madjeski Stadium, as well as other exiled Reading Supporters.

Keep in touch with the activities of the Trust and the Club. We will send you regular newsletters with the latest news. Our newsletter, Reading Matter, is distributed to all members of the Trust, and includes information on Away Travel, social events and what STAR are currently involved in, along with articles submitted by the Board and our members to share the joy that is supporting Reading Football Club.

Take advantage of any meets pre- and post-match at away games, as well as our regular stop at Buxton to meet up with our Northern Royals Branch.

The Exiles gives you a voice. We have regular meetings with the Club and they actually listen to the views of our members. Michele Law, the Exiles co-ordinator is on the Board of the Supporters Trust at Reading so there is a formal mechanism to put the views of Exiles to the Trust and through the Trust to the Club.

The Exiles gives you a chance to do your bit to help RFC and the Academy. STAR regularly get involved in fund-raising for the Academy, such as the recent Race Night which raised funds which were used to get two teams to compete in the illustrious Ian Rush Tournament in Wales where the Boys and the Girls teams won trophies. STAR have helped other supporters’ organisations, we work closely with Supporters Direct, two of our Board members are on the Board of FSF and members of the Board have attended Fans United days at Wimbledon, York, Cambridge and Macclesfield. We have also sponsored match balls at Reading and given some of our members the chance to watch the match from the hospitality area of the ground.

And finally, if you cannot attend matches, meetings or our other social events, then by joining you will still be making a difference; by adding your voice to those we already have we can improve our relationship with RFC and the football community in general; also by joining you can make a difference, as your membership fee is guaranteed to go towards helping STAR improve the experience of supporting Reading for everyone.

Finch Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: STAR Exiles - Overview

by Finch Royal » 26 Apr 2006 14:25

STAR Campaigns
And finally, if you cannot attend matches then you're a plastic who is not welcome. [/color]

I agree :lol:

Finch Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Finch Royal » 26 Apr 2006 14:31

Out of interest, how many people are in each of the exile groups... roughly ?

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 26 Apr 2006 15:29

I'd start up a Western Europe one if there was interest.

I know we have a dozen (occasional) posters on here in France, Switzerland and Holland.

And I am in the middle of all those countries.

Just 2-0
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Just 2-0 » 26 Apr 2006 16:30

Can't you be the Benelux royals?

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 26 Apr 2006 16:39

Is there anything in place for american royals? there is a few in the USA. :roll:

The_Cat

by The_Cat » 26 Apr 2006 18:17

Exiles Currently we have several branches in existance, with more being planned for the future.

The Northern Royals, covering the whole of the North of England and Scotland

The Midland Royals, covering the Midlands and some parts of North Wales.

The South West and South Wales branch, covering the South West quadrant and South Wales.

Viking Royals, covering Sweden and Scandinavia.

Norwegian Royals, covering Norway.

If you are interested in joining a branch please pm me or email me at exiles@star-reading.org

If you live in an area not covered by any of the current branches and are interested in setting up a new branch please also contact me as above.

There are plans to possibly set up travel to games from some of our branches to both home and away fixtures depending on demand.

Please let us know if you have any ideas or recommendations for services you would like STAR Exiles to do for you.
Who is in the Norwiegen branch, and where abouts are they in Norway? My dad lives there, I might get him to join.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 26 Apr 2006 23:54

How will it work with Exiles for next season with tickets for away games? The Northern Royals will have a field day with Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool, Everton, Bolton, Blackburn, Wigan, Boro, Newcastle, Sheffield United and possibly Leeds/PNE.

theroyals_eh

by theroyals_eh » 27 Apr 2006 05:03

I would be prepared to setup a branch for the North American Region out of Toronto - as an exile - I would like to see a block of tickets set aside for those of us travelling over 3000 miles away during the holiday season to get to see some home games.

I would like to see a system that those of us living abroad could get some type of watered-down season ticket that we could present on a home match day game - and be able to at least get a ticket on the day of the game - the biggest problem during any season we don't know when we will be back in the UK visiting or on buisness and hence a full season ticket would not be used as often.

Magnus

by Magnus » 03 May 2006 12:29

The_Cat Who is in the Norwiegen branch, and where abouts are they in Norway? My dad lives there, I might get him to join.

Presumably those in Norway can choose to join the Norwegian or "Viking" branches.
Do the vikings cover Iceland? Met a few people in Reykjavik who classed themselves as Reading fans. (As well as a lot of Arsenal and Man U fans :roll: )

stuart sweden

by stuart sweden » 05 May 2006 12:11

Think the icelandics should start theyre own branch or join the existing greenland branch as its the closest country to them.

Magnus

by Magnus » 05 May 2006 14:15

stuart sweden Think the icelandics should start theyre own branch or join the existing greenland branch as its the closest country to them.

I contacted the Ilulissat branch of the Greenlandic Royals and was given a fairly frosty reception. They're not accepting any new members - they've been completely snowed under with applications recently.

stuart sweden

by stuart sweden » 05 May 2006 14:49

I know but its cause of canadians infiltrating the greenland royals theyre a bit fussy about who they accept.

Limerick Royal

by Limerick Royal » 23 May 2006 19:40

Are there any other royals in ireland. Will be at limerick city vs drogheda on friday.

wehateoxford

by wehateoxford » 18 Jul 2006 16:06

when at uni i live in nottingham, is there any point in joining the midland exiles? get tickets to all of aston villa, who may go down....

Keeper

by Keeper » 18 Jul 2006 16:15

wehateoxford when at uni i live in nottingham, is there any point in joining the midland exiles? get tickets to all of aston villa, who may go down....

It wouldn't just be Villa, some of the Northern games are in there too.

wehateoxford

by wehateoxford » 19 Jul 2006 09:49

Keeper
wehateoxford when at uni i live in nottingham, is there any point in joining the midland exiles? get tickets to all of aston villa, who may go down....

It wouldn't just be Villa, some of the Northern games are in there too.

how far north do midlands go? im just thinking it might be worth joining northern royals