STAR Exiles - Overview

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 22 Jul 2006 09:01

I heard that HP plan to complete the move to their Bracknell site in October, so I guess the parking there will depend on if/when they sell it. Call me an optimist but I can't see the site being that easy to sell, any firm wanting to take it over would probably knock it down and rebuild it.

Sooner or later it will go, and there doesn't seem to be 1000 spaces becoming available from other firms. Maybe its time to join CostCo.

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 22 Jul 2006 12:19

PieEater I heard that HP plan to complete the move to their Bracknell site in October, so I guess the parking there will depend on if/when they sell it. Call me an optimist but I can't see the site being that easy to sell, any firm wanting to take it over would probably knock it down and rebuild it.

Sooner or later it will go, and there doesn't seem to be 1000 spaces becoming available from other firms. Maybe its time to join CostCo.

It depends on when they move out rather than when they sell so it is unlikley there will be parking there after October. RFC are trying to get this decision changed and also find other sources of parking but it is not easy.

This is one reason STAR was not only willing but eager to sort out a season ticket scheme with Christ the King school at £80 for the season for secure and certain parking. Once it is settled and working well it can be used as an example with other organisations with spare parking so may in the long run give a real boost to possible parking in the area.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 26 Jul 2006 18:25

oops wrong thread, I meant to post this on the parking one... :oops:

reading_fan
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by reading_fan » 27 Jul 2006 23:50

wehateoxford when at uni i live in nottingham, is there any point in joining the midland exiles? get tickets to all of aston villa, who may go down....

If you find our thread in "Meeting Up" there's all the info you need to know, plus info about contact details. Your best bet is to drop us a line at the email address midlandroyals@hotmail.co.uk and we'll get more information to you from there.

More general notice:
Membership packs have now been sent out, please return them to us ASAP

Bring back the South bank

by Bring back the South bank » 28 Jul 2006 11:32

reading_fan
wehateoxford when at uni i live in nottingham, is there any point in joining the midland exiles? get tickets to all of aston villa, who may go down....

If you find our thread in "Meeting Up" there's all the info you need to know, plus info about contact details. Your best bet is to drop us a line at the email address midlandroyals@hotmail.co.uk and we'll get more information to you from there.

More general notice:

How did you think up your username?

bb0118
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by bb0118 » 28 Jul 2006 13:42

reading_fan

More general notice:

With great difficulty :wink:

Dangerous
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: 2006 HNA? Ryder Cup Prediction Winner! 2007/08 NFL Prediction League Winner! Retired.

by Dangerous » 28 Jul 2006 13:46

reading_fan

More general notice:

Mine will be in the post today.

Dangerous
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: 2006 HNA? Ryder Cup Prediction Winner! 2007/08 NFL Prediction League Winner! Retired.

by Dangerous » 28 Jul 2006 15:59

Dangerous
reading_fan

More general notice:

Mine will be in the post today.

Posted. forgot to put the form in and stuck down the envelope which I had already stuck the stamp on, so had to unstick it and then tape it down with the form in! :oops: :lol: You'll definitely know when it's arrived!

reading_fan
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by reading_fan » 28 Jul 2006 17:12

reading_fan

More general notice:

My my, aren't you original. You're only the 57th person to ask me that :roll:

bb0118
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by bb0118 » 28 Jul 2006 23:35

reading_fan
reading_fan

More general notice:

My my, aren't you original. You're only the 57th person to ask me that :roll:

Nice to see the fact your counting! :wink:

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 07 Aug 2006 15:34

Limerick Royal Are there any other royals in ireland. Will be at limerick city vs drogheda on friday.

Only us here in the Black North.

Will be at home drinking on Friday.

.:BigDaveInTheDungeon:.

by .:BigDaveInTheDungeon:. » 13 Aug 2006 12:52

i'm in preston for most of the season, how do i join the northan royals?

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 13 Aug 2006 17:05

.:BigDaveInTheDungeon:. i'm in preston for most of the season, how do i join the northan royals?

send a mail to exiles@star-reading.org with your name and STAR membership number and they will help you from there.

STAR_Exiles

Re: STAR Exiles - Overview

by STAR_Exiles » 29 Jan 2008 22:54

Exiles section of STAR website updated as below:

STAR EXILES

For those Reading supporters who live away from the town, whether North or South, UK or abroad, then STAR Exiles is for you. We aim to cater for all exiled Royals fans, putting you in touch with others in your area and keeping you up to date with news from the Madjeski Stadium, via the STAR website and our newsletter – Reading Matter.

If you’ve ever been to a Reading away game and wondered how many others live nearby and have made a similar journey, now’s your chance to find out. Whatever the reason you’re living away, either through work or family commitments, or perhaps whilst studying at University or College, your local STAR Exiles branch is there for you.

We have established UK branches covering the north and Scotland, midlands and parts of Wales and the south-west. Elsewhere we already have many STAR Exiles members and are keen to develop other local branches to serve the rest of the UK and overseas.

Our main aim is to put fellow Royals supporters in touch with each other and our UK branch members meet up for social events and regularly travel to local away games and the Mad Stad together. As well as the normal STAR benefits (eg, 10% megastore voucher) we are also able to arrange block seat bookings for most Reading games both home and away.

For Exiles living overseas we can still help you meet other Royals fans, maybe to watch televised games together until you can get to the UK and hopefully join us at a match. Despite the distance, we want you to be as much part of the STAR Exiles group as our UK members.

STAR regularly meet the football Club management who take a genuine interest in our members views. Trevor Mossman, the Exiles Co-ordinator is an active member of the STAR Board representing exiled fans and giving you a voice within the organisation.

So whether you’re based in the UK or abroad, we want to help you support the Royals from afar and hope you decide to join STAR Exiles. You’ll find a warm welcome amongst our members, and if there’s not yet a local group in your area, together we can get one going, we’re sure you’ll find membership worthwhile.

To join STAR Exiles or for more information, please contact exiles@star-reading.org

norwegianroyal

by norwegianroyal » 10 Apr 2008 16:36

Hi.

I've heard a lot of talk about the Norwegian branch, but I'm not sure if it still exists. The domain http://www.reading.no doesn't exist anymore and when it did the site was never updated. In some time I could be interested in doing something here, but I need to know what's happened and if something will happen in the future. Does anyone know?

SwedeRoyal

by SwedeRoyal » 10 Apr 2008 17:11

norwegianroyal Hi.

I've heard a lot of talk about the Norwegian branch, but I'm not sure if it still exists. The domain http://www.reading.no doesn't exist anymore and when it did the site was never updated. In some time I could be interested in doing something here, but I need to know what's happened and if something will happen in the future. Does anyone know?

We have a scandinavian branch, the Viking Royals. http://www.svenskafans.com/england/reading/

Stop by and say hello! :lol:

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 12 Dec 2008 21:07

I have received 3 away tickets in the last week or so, barnsley, southmpton and brum

I have had a star exiles flier in each them

Could you pease get the club to mark that they have sent me this information and that I don;t need it again?

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 14 Dec 2008 01:42

SwedeRoyal
norwegianroyal Hi.

We have a scandinavian branch, the Viking Royals. http://www.svenskafans.com/england/reading/

Stop by and say hello! :lol:

Any Viking Royals in Iceland?

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 24 Apr 2009 23:20

I should start just a Los Angeles branch and start going door to door to gain new fans.

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 24 Apr 2009 23:40

Wondering if there are actually more Royal fans in Los Angeles that just don't post on hob nob?