Confirmation of Away Season Tickets

Potter

Confirmation of Away Season Tickets

by Potter » 11 Jun 2006 09:16

Cant see another post on this...

Obviously you know you'll get your ST because you'll see £545 leave your account....however for those of us who applied for away season tickets, how will we 100% know if its been successful? Will the club write to all those who get one?

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Confirmation of Away Season Tickets

by STAR Liaison » 11 Jun 2006 11:57

Potter Cant see another post on this...

Obviously you know you'll get your ST because you'll see £545 leave your account....however for those of us who applied for away season tickets, how will we 100% know if its been successful? Will the club write to all those who get one?

It is mentioned on the club policies thread.

At the meeting on Thursday we asked for and had an agreement to the notification of an AST. Previous years there has been no contact about an AST but the ticket would appear in the post and the money would go from your card. It has worked well but with so many new AST applications the club has agreed to reassure people by sending a text the same way as they do for a home ST. So make sure your mobile is included in your customer details, and that the details are correct and you will get notification sometime.

Texts are sent out every Friday so as we got agreement on Thursday I would not expect anything until next Friday at the earliest.

Finch Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Finch Royal » 11 Jun 2006 11:59

Ask Doddy :roll:

Harold

by Harold » 11 Jun 2006 12:30

What I would like to know is.......Those who run STAR or are closely linked, do they get priority on away season tickets?

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 11 Jun 2006 16:08

Harold What I would like to know is.......Those who run STAR or are closely linked, do they get priority on away season tickets?

No. If you think we are on the make you could not be more wrong. FYI I for one have not applied for an AST for reasons I won't bore you with and I have no idea if any of the other STAR 'activists' have applied for one. You may find it hard to believe that people would help others for no immediate benefit to themselves, but it happens.

Besides there is no priority in away season tickets if you read the club site.

Super Kevin Bremner!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Super Kevin Bremner! » 11 Jun 2006 17:58

That's a feisty answer. He was only asking for crying out loud!

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 12 Jun 2006 14:18

Super Kevin Bremner! That's a feisty answer. He was only asking for crying out loud!

OK - so for clairty and to save anyone else asking the only benefit STAR gets is the free use of rooms at the stadium for meetings. No member (or their families etc) get any benefit from RFC such as free tickets, ticket priority or anything else different to that available for every other supporter.

Magnus

by Magnus » 12 Jun 2006 14:31

Not even a free matchday programme? I sure many wouldn't begrudge you that.

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 13 Jun 2006 08:02

Magnus Not even a free matchday programme? I sure many wouldn't begrudge you that.

Thanks but no - the only time I got one was when I had a meeting before one game with the guy who set up the Royalty points system having given him the names of people for his group of fans to consult - and he gave them a programme and a RFC mug (!?) that day too. So one programme in 4 years - that must be why I do it!

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 13 Jun 2006 08:05

Boo Starliason out :wink:

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 13 Jun 2006 11:23

starliaison
Magnus Not even a free matchday programme? I sure many wouldn't begrudge you that.

Thanks but no - the only time I got one was when I had a meeting before one game with the guy who set up the Royalty points system having given him the names of people for his group of fans to consult - and he gave them a programme and a RFC mug (!?) that day too. So one programme in 4 years - that must be why I do it!

Pretty poor. I would have expected you to at least talk your way to a free signed shirt or something?!

You can do better than a free mug

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 13 Jun 2006 12:29

bobby1413
Pretty poor. I would have expected you to at least talk your way to a free signed shirt or something?!

You can do better than a free mug

I did suggest I should win the one from Raise the Hoops but somehow it must have gone wrong :wink: :wink:

RFCSinceBury1971

by RFCSinceBury1971 » 13 Jun 2006 13:31

I have had an email from customer services regarding away season tickets. Hope this answers the question.

I have spoken to the Sales Centre this morning regarding your query about your away season ticket, we cannot at present see where individual applications are in the process but there will be letters going out towards the end of the month which will confirm as to whether these applications have been successful.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 13 Jun 2006 15:20

I emailed the sales office yesterday morning asking about my home st and away st.

They replied today saying that both are safe and have been allocated to me.

YAY!

Potter

by Potter » 16 Jun 2006 07:35

Whats the email addy please?

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 16 Jun 2006 07:43

Hungry Hungry Hippos

by Hungry Hungry Hippos » 16 Jun 2006 09:07

starliaison

Was the Mug symbolic in anyway of the relationship between RFC and STAR?

royalsteve

by royalsteve » 20 Jun 2006 00:30

starliaison

It is mentioned on the club policies thread.

At the meeting on Thursday we asked for and had an agreement to the notification of an AST. Previous years there has been no contact about an AST but the ticket would appear in the post and the money would go from your card. It has worked well but with so many new AST applications the club has agreed to reassure people by sending a text the same way as they do for a home ST. So make sure your mobile is included in your customer details, and that the details are correct and you will get notification sometime.

Texts are sent out every Friday so as we got agreement on Thursday I would not expect anything until next Friday at the earliest.

stupid question....did the AST start this season or were AST's available in previous seasons? If so, I knew nothing of it and Ive been to almost every RFC home game and a large number of away games for 30 years. Alot of RFC fans I speak to say the same. I guess demand isnt as high in previous seasons but this also indicates poor marketing on the club's part?

Scrappy

by Scrappy » 20 Jun 2006 00:36

In previous seasons it has been availible, however, as many away tickets went to general sale the club felt it pointless to make this more public. Why market something when the demand isn't high?

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 20 Jun 2006 09:26

royalsteve stupid question....did the AST start this season or were AST's available in previous seasons? If so, I knew nothing of it and Ive been to almost every RFC home game and a large number of away games for 30 years. Alot of RFC fans I speak to say the same. I guess demand isnt as high in previous seasons but this also indicates poor marketing on the club's part?

As far as I know they have been available for at least 2 seasons and maybe started when they changed to the new computer system. It was also possible to have cup tickets automatically sent to you for your ST seat and charged to your card the same way as the AST works (also hardly used).

I don't think they were heavily marketed but there was definitely mention of them 2 years ago with the ST renewal bumpf.

Certainly those who do have an AST know most of the others as there were only about 70 before and they are the people who tend to go to every away game rather than just a lot - which is just as well as you have to take every single ticket this season.