North Stand smoking policy

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 18 Aug 2006 13:18

STAR reference your response ealrier

ISTR we got an answer for this a while ago - I was sure it had been posted but if not then apologies. The answer is we were given is "no". The club's premises licence only covers the area inside the stadium, the outside is not licenced, so they are not able to allow alcohol outside. The area outside the East stand is licenced, a that is an enclosed area (in the same way that a pub garden is).

I notice the official site now has a statement on it and makes no mention of alcohol consumption outside the ground. Can they clear this up once and for all so at least staff/patrons have some sort of clue?

Dave the rave

by Dave the rave » 18 Aug 2006 16:18

Dirk Gently I think everyone would agree with that - if they built the stadium now the concourses would be very, very different.

Much more space, far more catering outlets, higher ceilings (where possible) etc.

We suffer from the MadStad being a (relatively) early design of new generation stadium - since then the recommendations for space etc in concourses have moved on considerably.

For instance, Wembley will have masses of concourse space - when complete!

For the, er, considerably larger capacity?

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 18 Aug 2006 18:13

Dave the rave
Dirk Gently I think everyone would agree with that - if they built the stadium now the concourses would be very, very different.

Much more space, far more catering outlets, higher ceilings (where possible) etc.

We suffer from the MadStad being a (relatively) early design of new generation stadium - since then the recommendations for space etc in concourses have moved on considerably.

For the, er, considerably larger capacity?

Obviously that but much more pro-rata, too. Concourses there will be massive, with more space per person.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 18 Aug 2006 18:36

I thought Pride Park was remarkably spacious in the concourses, even considering the higher capacity - and the outlets were well situated and laid out. With a decent choice of food/drink.

And older than the MadStad, of course.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 18 Aug 2006 21:03

Why not ask for the licence to include drinking outside then, the rugby lot seem to be allowed to for St Patricks Day event, FFs they even have a massive mobile bar outside

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 21 Aug 2006 12:25

Well that was fun. A few people got outside with beers, were not happy when the Tango's asked them to go back inside with them as no-one stopped them on the turnstile. They then ran out of exit tickets for smokers, must have been well over 500 people out there. Big Clive cam and sorted everything out and reckons that RFC might consider putting in temporary fencing to allow people to drink

fridays child

by fridays child » 21 Aug 2006 12:29

Well the 'ban' had little impact in the South stand, loads of smokers lit up. Didn't see a single request from Stewards etc.. to put them out.

Adrian's Fool

by Adrian's Fool » 21 Aug 2006 13:39

I thought it was really pleasant in the North Stand at half-time, with no smoke - a great improvement!!!