Are STAR going to do anything to help those banned?

readingfc_4_life_and_beyo

by readingfc_4_life_and_beyo » 26 Oct 2006 12:49

I haven't been banned, don't know anyone who has been banned, and don't care about who has been banned (as long as it was within reason). Throwing stuff though is the clubs fault. It has happened before and it has happened again. Why don't they take the hint and not give out paper?

Also, why is there so many police in the Mad Stad, and not in other stadiums? Other stadium put lots of stewards inside, and police outside.

Thirdly, if this isn't anything to do with the club, WHY THE FOOFIN HELL, IS THE COUNCIL (or police etc.) GETTING THEIR FAT ARSES INVOLVED WHEN IT'S NOT THIS THEY SHOULD BE DEALING WITH :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 26 Oct 2006 13:30

Reading does not have a high police presence inside the ground compared to other clubs

1/ trouble has not been a big problem at the mad stad so it is not currently a requirement on the safety certificate

2/ it is extremely expensive to use the police to police your event

paper aeroplanes is not the missle problem, i do not believe any "bannings" will be for paper aeroplane related incidents It will be the throwing of coins and bottles at the away support that is the issue.

the club will want to be seen to resolve any problems in relation to missle throwing quickly, showing the local authority the have taken steps before they

a/ get fined

b/ get the stadium capacity reduced

c/ are requried to have a significant police presence in the gorund

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 26 Oct 2006 13:33

weybridgewanderer throwing of coins and bottles at the away support that is the issue.

Thank oxf*rd for that then. I thought it might be a problem throwing coins and bottles at the home fans. Should be okay for Saturday then :wink:

The_Cat

by The_Cat » 26 Oct 2006 13:34

My mate through some celrey back at them after it got thrown at him do you think he'll get banned?

Symposium

Re: Are STAR going to do anything to help those banned?

by Symposium » 26 Oct 2006 16:53

Skin
Symposium Regardless of people's opinions, if it's against the stadium's rules, the club needs to enforce it.

Whose rule is it that we're not allowed to stand?
The stadiums or the F.A.'s?
What's the argument for this rule anyway. If you have a like minded section of the crowd that want to stand (in front of their seats) who decides they can't and why?
If anyone says health and safety: what stats are there for injuries to people standing in an all-seater stadium?
Can we not try and work with the club on this instead of against it?
Give us a (lenient approach to) standing section?!

Someone's already said that it's the law, not a club or FA rule. I can't confirm or deny that, but it's really irrelevant. If it's a condition of the sale of the ticket that you abide by the stadium rules and one of the stadium rules is that you should not stand while the match is on, then you can't have any argument when you're then called to task.

Inconsistency may be annoying, but really, it's beside the point whether or not away fans are told to sit down. That's between the club and the away fans. The matter at hand is your (or whoever's!) breaking of the stadium rules. If you don't break them, there is no problem. If you do, don't complain when there is a consequence.

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 26 Oct 2006 17:14

The_Cat My mate through some celrey back at them after it got thrown at him do you think he'll get banned?

I heard Jose said there was some celery thrown during the game and nearly 50 Chelsea fans were killed. He will be including this in his report to the FA :shock:

Warfield Royal

by Warfield Royal » 26 Oct 2006 19:06

How many fans have been banned this time?

Are the bans as a result of incidents at Reading v Chelsea or Reading v Arsenal?

Rhys The Royal

by Rhys The Royal » 26 Oct 2006 19:08

Warfield Royal How many fans have been banned this time?

Are the bans as a result of incidents at Reading v Chelsea or Reading v Arsenal?

Reading v Chelsea

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 26 Oct 2006 19:08

Warfield Royal How many fans have been banned this time?

Not sure of the exact numbers, I understand it's about 6 or so.

Definitely the Chelsea match.

shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by shadesrwrf » 26 Oct 2006 19:27

readingfc_4_life_and_beyo Throwing stuff though is the clubs fault. It has happened before and it has happened again. Why don't they take the hint and not give out paper?

"I was given a piece of paper so I had to throw it."

Doesn't really work that one does it? Although to be honest I'd be suprised if people have been banned just for throwing paper.

readingfc_4_life_and_beyo

by readingfc_4_life_and_beyo » 26 Oct 2006 19:34

shadesrwrf
readingfc_4_life_and_beyo Throwing stuff though is the clubs fault. It has happened before and it has happened again. Why don't they take the hint and not give out paper?

"I was given a piece of paper so I had to throw it."

Doesn't really work that one does it? Although to be honest I'd be suprised if people have been banned just for throwing paper.

Yes, of course someone would say that :roll: I mean, last time (was it the 'Bring it on' cards?) it happened en masse. Do they really think the crowd would forget how amusing that was (judging by the cheers when it got, oh so far) within a year?

EDIT: Fair enough if it wasn't paper, but I wouldn't be suprised if Lehman didn't complain because he got hit by one of the planes, right?