Any Midlands Royals received their LFC (A) Prem tickets yet?

tombarlow

by tombarlow » 26 Oct 2006 12:24

Getting a bit worried as not heard a dickie bell since paying for them....

ta

Tom

Dangerous
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: 2006 HNA? Ryder Cup Prediction Winner! 2007/08 NFL Prediction League Winner! Retired.

by Dangerous » 26 Oct 2006 12:29

Not yet. I wouldn't worry though, the service is always very good. Shame about where we are sat though.

tombarlow

by tombarlow » 26 Oct 2006 12:49

Yeah I just looked at my royalty points and RFC describe the tickets as severly restricted! :(

Anyone know how so?

Tom

Dangerous
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: 2006 HNA? Ryder Cup Prediction Winner! 2007/08 NFL Prediction League Winner! Retired.

by Dangerous » 26 Oct 2006 13:05

tombarlow Yeah I just looked at my royalty points and RFC describe the tickets as severly restricted! :(

Anyone know how so?

Tom

Very, judging by what Susie saw last night.

susieroyal
Dangerous
Dangerous
Huntley & Palmer
M4 Junction 11
PorkyRfc I've got mine through the Midland Royals aswell. Also severley restricted view in row 35 :(
According to Football Ground Guide it is like watching the game "through a letterbox" How come we haven't had to pay less-£33 for me including the post although I pick them up. Bollox!

Apparently you will be able to see 2 corner flags and the top of one goal.

That is exactly all you will see. You will not be able to see the opposite end of the pitch past half way towards the centre spot. Best hope we score in front of our own fans

:shock: :shock: I'll take a wander up there tonight and see for myself as it doesn't sound as if we are going to sell out.

Due to an almost 6 hour journey from door to door and not getting to the ground until 10 minutes into the game, I didn't have time to check out the seating fro Row 35. :cry:

oxf*rd oxf*rd M5
oxf*rd oxf*rd M6
oxf*rd oxf*rd M62
oxf*rd oxf*rd Weather
oxf*rd oxf*rd lorries overtaking
oxf*rd oxf*rd Weather
oxf*rd oxf*rd Middle Lane Drivers
oxf*rd oxf*rd Road Works
oxf*rd oxf*rd robbing oxf*rd charging £10 to park in a school near The Kop

We went and had a look at the view from row 35. The floor is the same level as row 34 so when people stand up, if they are taller than you you wont be able to see. I could just about see the goal in front of The Kop - dont think you will see much else when people stand up. As the floor is the same level, the seats are more stool height - my feet didnt touch the ground when I sat on them. IMO they have huge potential for goal celebrating injury - I nearly stacked it putting my coat on.

On row 34 when stood up I couldnt see the Kop penalty area without a hunch back impression. I presume that would be worse if you were taller than me at 5"9.

On either row you'll do well to see the goal at the away end - although I think row 35 is probably slightly better than row 34. Either way, I'd hate to sit there for a whole game.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 27 Oct 2006 11:53

The liverpool tickets are being sent out on monday/tuesday. Our seats are restricted then? :( Can you not just stand on the steps all game near the front.....

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 29 Oct 2006 09:43

tombarlow Yeah I just looked at my royalty points and RFC describe the tickets as severly restricted! :(

Anyone know how so?

Tom

What if you dont have many loyalty points you get a restricted view, what about 430?

Scrappy

by Scrappy » 29 Oct 2006 10:10

To be honest, with the Midland Royals, does that mean, even if you don't have the correct amount of points, does that mean you get a ticket? Because if that is so, then I cannot see why you are moaning.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 29 Oct 2006 11:04

That is true. But to be fair its harder for us to get the points when we are a long distance away from Reading. Every home game is like a away game. And i have a season-ticket 8)

Scrappy

by Scrappy » 29 Oct 2006 12:29

LoyalRoyal22 That is true. But to be fair its harder for us to get the points when we are a long distance away from Reading. Every home game is like a away game. And i have a season-ticket 8)

I still don't see why you are moaning, you don't have the correct amount of Royalty Points and yet you still get tickets over people who do.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 29 Oct 2006 14:14

LoyalRoyal22 That is true. But to be fair its harder for us to get the points when we are a long distance away from Reading. Every home game is like a away game. And i have a season-ticket 8)

Many of the away games are closer though so it all balances out, depending on how many trips north there are.

Only really Southampton and Pompy that you lose out on.

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 29 Oct 2006 14:52

The 17 Bus

Many of the away games are closer though so it all balances out, depending on how many trips north there are.

There's more Northern clubs (i.e. Sheffield and above) than the rest of the country:

Southern:

Pompey, Chelsea, Fulham, Arsenal, Tottenham, West Ham, Charlton, Watford (and Reading of course).

Midlands:

Aston Villa

Northern:

Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool, Everton, Wigan, Blackburn, Bolton, Sheffield Utd, Middlesbrough, Newcastle

Gotta feel sorry for Villa fans really seeing as their closest game is Bramall Lane :lol:

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 29 Oct 2006 20:54

The 17 Bus

Only really Southampton and Pompy that you lose out on.

How does it balance out :roll: every home game takes 2 and a half hours to get to. And the amount of money i pay for trains..

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 29 Oct 2006 20:55

You were talking about points though, not cash.

The_Cat

by The_Cat » 29 Oct 2006 21:05

T.R.O.L.I.
The 17 Bus

There's more Northern clubs (i.e. Sheffield and above) than the rest of the country:

Southern:

Pompey, Chelsea, Fulham, Arsenal, Tottenham, West Ham, Charlton, Watford (and Reading of course).

Midlands:

Aston Villa

Northern:

Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool, Everton, Wigan, Blackburn, Bolton, Sheffield Utd, Middlesbrough, Newcastle

Gotta feel sorry for Villa fans really seeing as their closest game is Bramall Lane :lol:
But Villa have a less accumaltive travel total than every other club.

tombarlow

by tombarlow » 29 Oct 2006 22:33

My main gripe is that I think these restricted view seats are the same price as normal seats. Not sure whos fault this is, have RFC charged us wrongly? LFC ripping us off?

I thought there were well established Prem League rules for these sorts of things.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 30 Oct 2006 12:59

If you check your emails you will see that rodney will refund the couple of pound owed if you want it.

tombarlow

by tombarlow » 30 Oct 2006 22:24

I have seen the email, and don't wish to bother Rodney with it, he has done more than enough as it is.

I'm happy enough as things are, I am not going to take a few quid from him for something that isnt his fault.

Still leaves me wondering if such tickets are supposed to be cheaper? If so who has shafted us RFC or LFC......

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 30 Oct 2006 22:26

tombarlow I have seen the email, and don't wish to bother Rodney with it, he has done more than enough as it is.

I'm happy enough as things are, I am not going to take a few quid from him for something that isnt his fault.

Still leaves me wondering if such tickets are supposed to be cheaper? If so who has shafted us RFC or LFC......

Just randomly, where abouts do you live mate, im in Long Eaton......

tombarlow

by tombarlow » 03 Nov 2006 12:46

Having now received the ticket I see that it is actually £3 cheaper than normal tickets. Makes sense now that Rodney was/is offering to refund £3, thought he was just doing it out of goodwill?? when I first read his email.

Loyal22 I'm currently in Clifton, but had been in W.Bridgford for previous 3 years.

Darren Caskey's Dietician
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Darren Caskey's Dietician » 03 Nov 2006 16:21

tombarlow Having now received the ticket I see that it is actually £3 cheaper than normal tickets. Makes sense now that Rodney was/is offering to refund £3, thought he was just doing it out of goodwill?? when I first read his email.

Loyal22 I'm currently in Clifton, but had been in W.Bridgford for previous 3 years.

Are you a student at Trent then?