Away Season Tickets - Allocation of seats

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 30 Oct 2006 18:49

I think folk should look at the quality of the away grounds, any seat in a new ground tends to have good views, not so at the older stadia.

As it goes I think that the away ST should get the best seats every match, the club should bend over backwards to achieve this and allow the plebs to have the remainder.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 30 Oct 2006 20:30

Im Spartacus
East End Lady We have AST and our seats at Portsmouth were back row to left of the goal. We seem to have had pretty good seats for most of the away games.

Agreed mine have been excellent so far. However the thought of the TO doing anything in a structured, organised fashion is a big LOL.

Yup, all of mine have been half way up and centre of the stand. Both Liverpool and Fulham are the same from what I can tell, I had assumed they put all AST's in a block to make it easier for them

Warfield Royal

by Warfield Royal » 30 Oct 2006 20:39

If there are 700 AST (and I thought the number was over 1000) then the seats are going to be spread about and even as a block will take up a large portion of the stand.

My seats have never been brilliant but not too bad either. I've even had the same people near me at West Ham and Portsmouth matches as if the seats have been given out in sequence. Maybe those who are first or last on the list get the worst allocation each time.

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 31 Oct 2006 08:51

Warfield Royal If there are 700 AST (and I thought the number was over 1000) then the seats are going to be spread about and even as a block will take up a large portion of the stand.

Certainly as far as seats at Pompey are concerned the ASTs can't have the 'best' seats as that was the ground that determined the number of ASTs allowed. From memory 75% of the initial allocation was for ASTs so there has to be luck in the draw about where you are put.

Also as I have said before if you ask the 700 ASTs where they want to sit you will get a variety of answers and so do you really think it feasible to ask for a high/low/central/side allocation especially when for a large number of grounds there is no previous experience of visiting the ground? FWIW I do know that several of the TO follow the Royals away and so they have some personal knowledge of the grounds.

Certainly as Keeper has said it was easier for ASTs to get better treatment in previous seasons but now there are 700 there has to be an element of pot luck.

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 31 Oct 2006 09:34

I think we all know it will be difficult to influence how the tickets are allocated but surely it's not asking much for the ticket office to explain the process they use.

Royalphil

by Royalphil » 01 Nov 2006 13:51

starliaison Certainly as far as seats at Pompey are concerned the ASTs can't have the 'best' seats as that was the ground that determined the number of ASTs allowed. From memory 75% of the initial allocation was for ASTs so there has to be luck in the draw about where you are put.

Fair point Mr Liaison, I forgot that... sorry I moaned now.... :oops:

Y26

by Y26 » 01 Nov 2006 16:47

What really wound me up at Sheffield Utd, was that they allocated me and the missus (linked AST's) seats either side of a walkway!! How does that work?!?

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 01 Nov 2006 19:06

Y26 What really wound me up at Sheffield Utd, was that they allocated me and the missus (linked AST's) seats either side of a walkway!! How does that work?!?

Think about it, it is not that hard really.

EASTENDER MARKY

by EASTENDER MARKY » 01 Nov 2006 19:14

The 17 Bus
Y26 What really wound me up at Sheffield Utd, was that they allocated me and the missus (linked AST's) seats either side of a walkway!! How does that work?!?

Think about it, it is not that hard really.

:lol:

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 02 Nov 2006 00:43

The 17 Bus As it goes I think that the away ST should get the best seats every match, the club should bend over backwards to achieve this and allow the plebs to have the remainder.

Spot on

We need a spokesman, and even if it's an old bus that's spent most of it's life chuntering down Oxford Rd, as long as you can make that chap Star Liason stand up and take note, you've got my vote :roll:

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 02 Nov 2006 08:26

Can we have some service here ... PLEASE !! :evil:
it's not asking much for a little more thought to go into ticket allocations and for Reading F.C. to provide just a bit more service for the fans

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 02 Nov 2006 09:02

M4 Junction 11 Can we have some service here ... PLEASE !! :evil:
it's not asking much for a little more thought to go into ticket allocations and for Reading F.C. to provide just a bit more service for the fans

Can I ask what you have asked the Sales Centre to do that they have not? I know at least one AST holder who has a fear of heights who has asked to be alloacted as low a seat as possible having been in the back row at Southampton last season. So far they seem to have tried - or it may be co-incidence you can only tell when it goes really wrong or when you realise you are at the top of the ASTs you recognise (which is a lot harder now there are 700 rather than the 50 or so last season)

anR

by anR » 02 Nov 2006 12:01

Keeper
anR To make matters worse, by the time the STAR bus got to the ground, after spending most of the day on a bus I did not have enough time for a pint before the game! I was livid! :evil:

So its STAR's fault the M6 is a car park then? :roll:

After Aston Villa you'd think some lessons about anticapation would have been learned. ie - an earlier departure time? Most people would have had to take a day off, so that would have been fine with me.

But organised support are dropped off at the ground totally complying with the guidlines about (well behaved) away support not being at the ground earlier than an hour.

If these guidlines really have to be adired to, then how's about getting over the motorway part out the way and waiting at a local spot to the ground, a short distance away, then wait a short while until an hour before kick off? Then at least there is more to peoples days than sitting on a bus!

Keeper

by Keeper » 02 Nov 2006 16:20

anR
After Aston Villa you'd think some lessons about anticapation would have been learned. ie - an earlier departure time? Most people would have had to take a day off, so that would have been fine with me.

But organised support are dropped off at the ground totally complying with the guidlines about (well behaved) away support not being at the ground earlier than an hour.

If these guidlines really have to be adired to, then how's about getting over the motorway part out the way and waiting at a local spot to the ground, a short distance away, then wait a short while until an hour before kick off? Then at least there is more to peoples days than sitting on a bus!

Were you late - No

In the past when travel has not been held up we have managed to get places early and have had to hang around in the services for a long time, people complained then too so STAR cannot please all of the people all of the time, if you want to get there early enough for a few drinks or something to eat then you should drive up or get there a different way because the VAST majority of people who travel with STAR are more than happy with the arrangements

Royalphil

by Royalphil » 08 Nov 2006 08:49

... I had a really cr@p seat for Anfield as well....

:roll: