Tim Dellors Commentary

194 posts
User avatar
parky
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1824
Joined: 09 May 2004 18:22
Location: Looking for the promised land

Tim Dellors Commentary

by parky » 19 May 2011 21:51

Is it possible to listen again to Tim Dellors Commentary from tuesdays game? I only really want his reaction to the goals my dad said it was worth listening to. And I was wondering has it been repeated and I could listen to another show or if someone could upload them to somewhere? Thanks

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 8968
Joined: 06 Aug 2006 08:34
Location: in my bird boggler

Re: Tim Dellors Commentary

by Barry the bird boggler » 20 May 2011 06:48

Try the BBC podcast for the game, I imagine that will cover all the vital bits...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/readingfc

User avatar
RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 4900
Joined: 26 Apr 2004 16:11
Location: Surely you're joking?

Re: Tim Dellors Commentary

by RobRoyal » 22 May 2011 11:59

It's all on there, a couple of minutes in.

Great to hear, fair play Tim. What a shame those of us elsewhere in the country can't listen on match days. :evil:

bloody Volvo driver
Member
Posts: 207
Joined: 20 Nov 2005 22:00
Location: lovely Woodley

Re: Tim Dellors Commentary

by bloody Volvo driver » 02 Jun 2011 08:12

Now on youtube and worth a listen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4GBMjee708

Like him or loathe him, he has a passion for all things Reading FC.

Still doesn't quite beat his commentary on Sig's goal at WBA when his voice went up 10 octaves........

User avatar
Ian Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 45504
Joined: 15 Apr 2004 13:43
Location: Playing spot the pc*nt on HNA?

Re: Tim Dellors Commentary

by Ian Royal » 18 Oct 2011 19:44

Could someone perhaps point Mr Dellor towards listening to the Burnley Commentators style and approach to commentating. It's available on Reading Player over video footage of the full 90 minutes of the game.

He's incredibly informative and interesting, describing all the action well (albeit with some bias towards Burnley obviously), with good analysis too. It was a breath of fresh air to listen to that after weeks of hearing Tim spend more time chatting to Mick about inane nonsense, and reminiscences which have nothing to do with the game, than he spends on what's actually happening on the pitch. It's hard to have a clue what's happening listening to Tim and Mick.

I thought Peter Hood on 107 was bad, but at least he spent most of the time talking about the game.


sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 11876
Joined: 01 Oct 2008 18:25
Location: WE ARE NOT YOUR KIND

Re: Tim Dellors Commentary

by sandman » 01 Nov 2011 20:45

I sometimes enjoy the inane nonsense although they get carried with it. During a break in play I don't particularly want to know if Jem is scratching his arse or if ALF is picking his nose.

User avatar
FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Posts: 7087
Joined: 22 Jul 2004 17:44
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Tim Dellors Commentary

by FiNeRaIn » 01 Nov 2011 20:49

bloody Volvo driver wrote:Now on youtube and worth a listen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4GBMjee708

Like him or loathe him, he has a passion for all things Reading FC.

Still doesn't quite beat his commentary on Sig's goal at WBA when his voice went up 10 octaves........


I have always had a love/hate relationship with dellor, but I wouldn't want anyone else replacing him...he's been through a lot with the fans and clearly has passion for the club as displayed here.

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 2841
Joined: 03 May 2009 20:14
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

Re: Tim Dellors Commentary

by peterroyal76 » 01 Nov 2011 22:59

FiNeRaIn wrote:
bloody Volvo driver wrote:Now on youtube and worth a listen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4GBMjee708

Like him or loathe him, he has a passion for all things Reading FC.

Still doesn't quite beat his commentary on Sig's goal at WBA when his voice went up 10 octaves........


I have always had a love/hate relationship with dellor, but I wouldn't want anyone else replacing him...he's been through a lot with the fans and clearly has passion for the club as displayed here.


I agree with you about Dellor, although his constant bollocks about how great Harte is, is doing my nut in.

User avatar
Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 9419
Joined: 14 May 2008 09:25
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

Re: Tim Dellors Commentary

by Svlad Cjelli » 02 Nov 2011 10:00

Agreed - plus I think his passion is, as always, getting in the way of his objectivity. It's fine for any of us to have opinions, but he's paid to communicate facts - they're not coming across very well when his own opinions are colouring the way he views and reports things.


Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 8968
Joined: 06 Aug 2006 08:34
Location: in my bird boggler

Re: Tim Dellors Commentary

by Barry the bird boggler » 02 Nov 2011 11:52

Harte is a great player. HTH.

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 2841
Joined: 03 May 2009 20:14
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

Re: Tim Dellors Commentary

by peterroyal76 » 03 Nov 2011 18:33

Barry the bird boggler wrote:Harte is a great player. HTH.


To be fair Harte has never been great, his delivery has been great in the past and was very good last season.
This season however his delivery was poor and defending worse, although he wasn't our only player culpable of bad defending.

User avatar
Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 9419
Joined: 14 May 2008 09:25
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

Re: Tim Dellors Commentary

by Svlad Cjelli » 06 Nov 2011 18:46

Dellor's obsession with getting Harte back into the team is getting embarrassing now.

Let him go, Tim, and move on!

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 2841
Joined: 03 May 2009 20:14
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

Re: Tim Dellors Commentary

by peterroyal76 » 06 Nov 2011 20:00

Svlad Cjelli wrote:Dellor's obsession with getting Harte back into the team is getting embarrassing now.

Let him go, Tim, and move on!


+1 It was quite funny when he Brian if he thought he could play Harte and Mills together and Brian said he hadn't even thought about it!

I'm happy with Mills at left back, but I don't think Harte and Mills together is that bad a shout.
Incidently Adie Williams was wondering why Cummings was playing instead of Griffin and how much he thought we were missing Griffin.
Have Adie and Dellor forgotten how poor these two were early on?


User avatar
Y21_Royal
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1843
Joined: 17 Nov 2004 14:38
Location: Reading fans team #2

Re: Tim Dellors Commentary

by Y21_Royal » 06 Nov 2011 21:35

peterroyal76 wrote:
Svlad Cjelli wrote:Dellor's obsession with getting Harte back into the team is getting embarrassing now.

Let him go, Tim, and move on!


+1 It was quite funny when he Brian if he thought he could play Harte and Mills together and Brian said he hadn't even thought about it!

I'm happy with Mills at left back, but I don't think Harte and Mills together is that bad a shout.
Incidently Adie Williams was wondering why Cummings was playing instead of Griffin and how much he thought we were missing Griffin.
Have Adie and Dellor forgotten how poor these two were early on?


Or indeed how much better Cummings is to Griffin and how well Mills played today

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 11876
Joined: 01 Oct 2008 18:25
Location: WE ARE NOT YOUR KIND

Re: Tim Dellors Commentary

by sandman » 06 Nov 2011 21:57

Svlad Cjelli wrote:Dellor's obsession with getting Harte back into the team is getting embarrassing now.

Let him go, Tim, and move on!


It was when he said a couple of weeks ago that Harte "is a better attacking option than Mills" that it reached it's zenith. He may be a better dead ball option but he's too slow in open play to be the better attacking option Timothy.

User avatar
Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 9419
Joined: 14 May 2008 09:25
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

Re: Tim Dellors Commentary

by Svlad Cjelli » 06 Nov 2011 23:16

The other important question is why Adie Williams can't pronounce Birmingham, and instead says "Birm-un-um".

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 2841
Joined: 03 May 2009 20:14
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

Re: Tim Dellors Commentary

by peterroyal76 » 07 Nov 2011 18:35

Who can forget Adie's : "I know warnock can pick a player, but how can Warnock prefer Barton over Leigertwood" .

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Posts: 3818
Joined: 13 Apr 2004 23:24
Location: Relocation to Surrey completed

Re: Tim Dellors Commentary

by Woodcote Royal » 08 Nov 2011 09:52

Ian Royal wrote:Could someone perhaps point Mr Dellor towards listening to the Burnley Commentators style and approach to commentating. It's available on Reading Player over video footage of the full 90 minutes of the game.

He's incredibly informative and interesting, describing all the action well (albeit with some bias towards Burnley obviously), with good analysis too. It was a breath of fresh air to listen to that after weeks of hearing Tim spend more time chatting to Mick about inane nonsense


+1

As I said elsewhere, it's one thing having your own stupid ideas (Harte left back. Mills left wing) but putting them to Brian McDermott and listening to him struggle for a worthwhile response was highly embarrassing.

If ever there was a case for creating a "Wooden Spoon" prize on "Sports Personality of The Year" it's Tim Dellor.

User avatar
FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Posts: 7087
Joined: 22 Jul 2004 17:44
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Tim Dellors Commentary

by FiNeRaIn » 08 Nov 2011 16:23

peterroyal76 wrote:Who can forget Adie's : "I know warnock can pick a player, but how can Warnock prefer Barton over Leigertwood" .


Yeah, adie talks a lot of sense usually but what in gods name is he thinking? Barton on his day is a european class player capable of playing in the top six...Leigertwood is no more than a championship player.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 11876
Joined: 01 Oct 2008 18:25
Location: WE ARE NOT YOUR KIND

Re: Tim Dellors Commentary

by sandman » 19 Nov 2011 19:33

FiNeRaIn wrote:
peterroyal76 wrote:Who can forget Adie's : "I know warnock can pick a player, but how can Warnock prefer Barton over Leigertwood" .


Yeah, adie talks a lot of sense usually but what in gods name is he thinking? Barton on his day is a european class player capable of playing in the top six...Leigertwood is no more than a championship player.



:lol: :lol: :lol:

194 posts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

It is currently 16 Dec 2018 17:48