Tim Dellors Commentary

194 posts
parky
Hob Nob Regular

Tim Dellors Commentary

by parky » 19 May 2011 21:51

Is it possible to listen again to Tim Dellors Commentary from tuesdays game? I only really want his reaction to the goals my dad said it was worth listening to. And I was wondering has it been repeated and I could listen to another show or if someone could upload them to somewhere? Thanks

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Tim Dellors Commentary

by Barry the bird boggler » 20 May 2011 06:48

Try the BBC podcast for the game, I imagine that will cover all the vital bits...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/readingfc

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 22 May 2011 11:59

It's all on there, a couple of minutes in.

Great to hear, fair play Tim. What a shame those of us elsewhere in the country can't listen on match days. :evil:

bloody Volvo driver

by bloody Volvo driver » 02 Jun 2011 08:12

Now on youtube and worth a listen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4GBMjee708

Like him or loathe him, he has a passion for all things Reading FC.

Still doesn't quite beat his commentary on Sig's goal at WBA when his voice went up 10 octaves........

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 18 Oct 2011 19:44

Could someone perhaps point Mr Dellor towards listening to the Burnley Commentators style and approach to commentating. It's available on Reading Player over video footage of the full 90 minutes of the game.

He's incredibly informative and interesting, describing all the action well (albeit with some bias towards Burnley obviously), with good analysis too. It was a breath of fresh air to listen to that after weeks of hearing Tim spend more time chatting to Mick about inane nonsense, and reminiscences which have nothing to do with the game, than he spends on what's actually happening on the pitch. It's hard to have a clue what's happening listening to Tim and Mick.

I thought Peter Hood on 107 was bad, but at least he spent most of the time talking about the game.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 01 Nov 2011 19:45

I sometimes enjoy the inane nonsense although they get carried with it. During a break in play I don't particularly want to know if Jem is scratching his arse or if ALF is picking his nose.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 01 Nov 2011 19:49

bloody Volvo driver Now on youtube and worth a listen

Still doesn't quite beat his commentary on Sig's goal at WBA when his voice went up 10 octaves........

I have always had a love/hate relationship with dellor, but I wouldn't want anyone else replacing him...he's been through a lot with the fans and clearly has passion for the club as displayed here.

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 01 Nov 2011 21:59

FiNeRaIn
bloody Volvo driver Now on youtube and worth a listen

I have always had a love/hate relationship with dellor, but I wouldn't want anyone else replacing him...he's been through a lot with the fans and clearly has passion for the club as displayed here.

I agree with you about Dellor, although his constant bollocks about how great Harte is, is doing my nut in.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 02 Nov 2011 09:00

Agreed - plus I think his passion is, as always, getting in the way of his objectivity. It's fine for any of us to have opinions, but he's paid to communicate facts - they're not coming across very well when his own opinions are colouring the way he views and reports things.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 02 Nov 2011 10:52

Harte is a great player. HTH.

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular

by peterroyal76 » 03 Nov 2011 17:33

Barry the bird boggler Harte is a great player. HTH.

To be fair Harte has never been great, his delivery has been great in the past and was very good last season.
This season however his delivery was poor and defending worse, although he wasn't our only player culpable of bad defending.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 06 Nov 2011 17:46

Dellor's obsession with getting Harte back into the team is getting embarrassing now.

Let him go, Tim, and move on!

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular

by peterroyal76 » 06 Nov 2011 19:00

Svlad Cjelli Dellor's obsession with getting Harte back into the team is getting embarrassing now.

+1 It was quite funny when he Brian if he thought he could play Harte and Mills together and Brian said he hadn't even thought about it!

I'm happy with Mills at left back, but I don't think Harte and Mills together is that bad a shout.
Incidently Adie Williams was wondering why Cummings was playing instead of Griffin and how much he thought we were missing Griffin.
Have Adie and Dellor forgotten how poor these two were early on?

Y21_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Y21_Royal » 06 Nov 2011 20:35

peterroyal76
Svlad Cjelli Dellor's obsession with getting Harte back into the team is getting embarrassing now.

+1 It was quite funny when he Brian if he thought he could play Harte and Mills together and Brian said he hadn't even thought about it!

I'm happy with Mills at left back, but I don't think Harte and Mills together is that bad a shout.
Incidently Adie Williams was wondering why Cummings was playing instead of Griffin and how much he thought we were missing Griffin.
Have Adie and Dellor forgotten how poor these two were early on?

Or indeed how much better Cummings is to Griffin and how well Mills played today

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 06 Nov 2011 20:57

It was when he said a couple of weeks ago that Harte "is a better attacking option than Mills" that it reached it's zenith. He may be a better dead ball option but he's too slow in open play to be the better attacking option Timothy.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular

by Svlad Cjelli » 06 Nov 2011 22:16

The other important question is why Adie Williams can't pronounce Birmingham, and instead says "Birm-un-um".

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular

by peterroyal76 » 07 Nov 2011 17:35

Who can forget Adie's : "I know warnock can pick a player, but how can Warnock prefer Barton over Leigertwood" .

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 08 Nov 2011 08:52

Ian Royal Could someone perhaps point Mr Dellor towards listening to the Burnley Commentators style and approach to commentating. It's available on Reading Player over video footage of the full 90 minutes of the game.

He's incredibly informative and interesting, describing all the action well (albeit with some bias towards Burnley obviously), with good analysis too. It was a breath of fresh air to listen to that after weeks of hearing Tim spend more time chatting to Mick about inane nonsense

+1

As I said elsewhere, it's one thing having your own stupid ideas (Harte left back. Mills left wing) but putting them to Brian McDermott and listening to him struggle for a worthwhile response was highly embarrassing.

If ever there was a case for creating a "Wooden Spoon" prize on "Sports Personality of The Year" it's Tim Dellor.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 08 Nov 2011 15:23

peterroyal76 Who can forget Adie's : "I know warnock can pick a player, but how can Warnock prefer Barton over Leigertwood" .

Yeah, adie talks a lot of sense usually but what in gods name is he thinking? Barton on his day is a european class player capable of playing in the top six...Leigertwood is no more than a championship player.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 19 Nov 2011 18:33

FiNeRaIn
peterroyal76 Who can forget Adie's : "I know warnock can pick a player, but how can Warnock prefer Barton over Leigertwood" .

Yeah, adie talks a lot of sense usually but what in gods name is he thinking? Barton on his day is a european class player capable of playing in the top six...Leigertwood is no more than a championship player.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

194 posts